Macy's Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back because there were questions about a conviction that I put on my application from 1993. The lady was really nice and just asked me to explain the situation. About two days later I received an email asking me to set up a phone interview. I did just that and set it for August 23rd at 4:30pm. I received a call on yesterday asking me if I could reschedule because the Loss Prevention Manager would not be available. I rescheduled to August 23rd at 11:00 a.m. While on the phone, I found out that it would be in person, not on the phone. What if I had not asked? Anyway, I will update later.

Interview Questions

• What were the circumstances of your conviction that you listed on your application.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Independence, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and painless. I found the job through LPJobs.com. I filled out an online application (only took about 30 mins to complete), the next day I received an email requesting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very simple, just simple, "normal" interview questions. The lady I talked to was very nice, and essentially offered me the job over the phone. The only downfall to the job was that it was part time, only offering 25 hours per week, and they start new employees between $9.50 and $10.50 an hour. If you are still in school and looking to build experience, this would be a great option. But this job is not sufficient enough to be your only source of income and employment after you are done with school. If this position was full time, I would have accepted in a heart beat.

Interview Questions

• What does Loss Prevention do on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edinburg, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Edinburg, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I got a response a few weeks later. The interview was over the phone so it was short and got straight to the point. They asked me a few questions and once the questionnaire was finished, they decided to hire me. I had my first orientation day just a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for Asset Protection?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Plantation, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call in regards to the application I filled out online 1 week ago, the phone interview was about 10 minutes long. At the end of the call I received a job offer for 9.00 an hour as loss prevention at Macy's. I was forwarded a form via email to enter additional information for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever witnessed someone to somthing out of the company guidelines at school or work? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy and quick. Process took two weeks. I declined the offer due to the hours they were offering. The pay is also pretty low. Its good if you are just looking for extra cash, but don't expect a good pay check. If they would have had a better pay offer and had some better hours I would have accepted the offer. Overall, is was a nice experience.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

phone interview, I was requested with a next day interview which I attended.. I was asked the same questions I was asked over the phone and answered them the same way I did over the phone

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were tested with your integrity   Answer Question
    • when did you work by yourself and something major happened   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through LPJobs.com. Got an email a few days later asking if I wanted to set up a phone interview. Set up my phone interview and no one called. Got an email later that night from the LPM apologizing and asked to reschedule for the next day. After exchanging a few emails, he invited me in for a face-to-face interview instead of a phone call.

Went in to the interview 15 minutes early the next day. We went back to the offices where we spoke for about 45 minutes. Discussion ranged from typical interview questions, to more in depth questions about how I'd react, and stuff on my resume and application.

Next comes the meeting with the HR Manager. It's essentially the same as the interview before, just the HR Manager wants to get an idea of you. If they like you, they'll speak with the LPM, and receive a notice by email or phone with an offer.

Dress nicely, bring a hard copy of your resume, shave, shower, and smile. Have a good attitude about it all and be excited. Also, a completely open availability trumps most things on your application and resume, since it is retail essentially, they have crazy hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you think LP does on a daily-basis?   Answer Question
    • Why Loss Prevention? Do you have any prior experience?   Answer Question
    • How would you reduce shrink?   Answer Question
    • How would you apprehend a customer who didn't want to come to the back office with you?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle having a co-worker who doesn't care much of you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wage was based on past experience, either retail or LP. Also, based on local averages for that position.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and received an e-mail on Monday that they wanted me to schedule a phone interview. They were only available on Wednesday afternoons, so I scheduled an interview for that Wednesday. The interviewer was the store loss prevention manager, and he did call on time.

The phone interview was very impersonal. Unfortunately, there was not any conversation between us, but instead he read questions directly from a paper. I am used to speaking to a hiring manager or supervisor like a normal person. He would read a question, I would answer, then he would pause and read the next question. There were no follow up questions or emotion from him, so I wasn't sure what he was thinking.

I did get to ask him some questions, and they seemed to throw him off. Even if they did offer me a position, I don't think I would have taken it considering I would be working with him every day.

He would not give me an e-mail address so I couldn't send him a thank you note, but instead gave me the phone number to the store.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you used teamwork.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you worked by yourself.   Answer Question
    • Will you be willing to come in overnight if an alarm goes off?   Answer Question
    • Will you be willing to make between $10-$12 an hour, starting around $10?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Downey, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for seasonal position and got a phone interview within 2 days and interview lasted about 20 minutes. Basically interview was based on how well you can answer the questions they give you. A day after the phone interview I received a call back that I got the job, and another call the day after with the training information.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had seen a person something that was against your morals, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offerred $9.00 per hour for both training, and working.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Bronx, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a two part session. The first being a phone interview where they ask you basic questions about why you want to work for Macy's . Describe a key moment or event that showcases your talent for loss prevention. Describe your previous jobs. What the best skill you have. They just want an idea of who you are. If they like you they will call you in for a personal interview. They basically ask you about previous job experiences and how you were able to handle certain situations. They ask the same questions many times about how would you react in a under pressure momemnt

Interview Questions

• Give a time that you had to figure out what the objective was without a supervisor telling you what to do   Answer Question

Negotiation

They started me at 9 dollars an hour but informed me that pay raise was very fast based on how we performed