Macy's Loss Prevention Detective Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Loss Prevention Detective Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.4

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email the following day to schedule an interview. I scheduled a phone interview. Interview had to be rescheduled for a later time. Interview was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2016.

Interview

Let's just say I have applied for this position with Macy's three times, and every time it was not worth it. The first time I applied for this position online I received an email to schedule a phone interview, and schedules it for the next day. When it came time for my interview, I never received a call. An hour and a half later I decided to call the store and try and get in touch with the Asset Protection manger, and one of the lady's in human resources said he would give me a call back in about 30 min. Never received a call back that day, so the next day I decided to try again, I got in touch with the manger but he said he couldn't talk long, and said he would call back in 30 min. Never received a call, so 5 hours later I called back and told him I was no longer interested.

Second go around it was almost the same story, applied, received phone interview request to schedule a day later, and the next day I didn't receive a call from a recruiter until 2 hours after the schedules time. When I answered the phone they apologized and asked if it was a good time to talk, I wasn't available because this was 2 hours later, so I told him i could talk the next day at a specific time, and he said he would reach me them. Well, later that day I decided t withdraw my application online so that they wouldn't call me because I was currently employed at the time, so I decided to not waste my time and forget about it.

The third time around, same story! Also, I have a criminal justice degree and customer service experience, but they would only offer me $11 an hour, which just can't cut it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Had a phone interview then a week later I had a in person interview and was told that Id hear back within a day or 2 because they were looking to fill the position quickly... almost week later, calls me to come in again (another mini interview) then was told that I'd hear back quickly about a phone interview with the regional LP manager, few days pass by and I get an email saying I didn't get the job, next day I get a call saying that I was going to get a call the next day (so I didn't lose the job). Did the interview the next day and was told that I'd hear back the next day if I got the job... almost a week later I got the call and I decided that I didn't want to work for a company who says one thing but does another, first impressions go both ways and while they were interviewing me, I was interviewing them at the same time. Plus pay was bad for the cost of living in the area and competitors, also have a degree and the most I'd make was just above minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Garland, TX).

Interview

I came in to the store asked to speak to the loss prevention head, who sat me down to fill out an application online,the next day I got an email to set up a phone interview and when she called she was 5 minutes late and when I called her right back as soon as she called me she said she had to reschedule it not even a minute after she called me. So the next day she called she asked me a few questions, she then said she would be intuch with me, a week and a half go by and I get an email saying my Availability didn't meet there needs ? She told me they needed full time and I applied for full time.

Interview Questions

• Can you respond to late night alarms   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was very unorganized and failed to follow-up on our phone interview. It got rescheduled three times to advise me she couldn't make it. Then the last time I never got a phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview set up for a Tuesday at 3:30. They called me at 2:10 p.m. and said manager was busy. They rescheduled for Friday at 1:30 p.m.
    Friday came and nobody ever called or emailed or nothing. Two weeks later, ....still nothing.

Interview Questions

• Did Macy's ever contact you as promised?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Scranton, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Discussion with direct manager about duties, personality attributes. We talked about transferable skills and importance of the position. Willingness to meet expectations and learn. Also it was a nice time we had a good chat and than now I should be at thirty words I hope so this is taking too long.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle situation x and y?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple, they will do a phone interview first, then if you pass that they do an in person interview. After passing that you do a interview with a regional manager.

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2015.

Interview

I went and applied online, scheduled a phone interview. The person called me the morning of the phone interview, opt to skip the phone interview and told me to come in for a regular interview 2 days later. Went in, interview was about 20 min long, average question and a lot of general talk. Not bad at all.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule an interview, but there were no dates available. Got a phone call to remind me of my interview the following day, which was a telephone interview (completely unexpected). I passed the telephone interview and was scheduled for a face to face interview a week later. I was called and offered the job three days later.