Macy's Interview Questions in McLean, VA | Glassdoor

2.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Long, had to interview with six different people-including the store manager- .only to not get the original counter that I'd wanted, offered me less money than I deserved, gave me the run around with a bunch of different interviews, often was not honest

Interview Questions

• Are you good at inspiring others, are you good at coaching, tell me about a time you had to coach a team member.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

First had an interview with a recruiter. Following the phone conversation with a recruiter I was then directed to speak to the HR Manager for the location where I'd be applying. My final interview was with the store manager and assistant store manager. All interviews were pretty conversational and relaxed in nature.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Macy's?
      Please describe a typical day in your current role?
      Why do you believe that you'd be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate a small increase in pay from my previous position.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Came in store for first interview, second the talent plus phone interview, third interview was with brand representative. I did not get an interview with the general manager. It was a fairly quick and easy process, took about a week.

Brand ambassador did ask for a demonstration reenactment of what he showed me of his product. I am assuming he was comparing me to another/previous choice through this process (I was told I was the last person to be interviewed). So just pay attention to everything being said.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Talent plus phone interview   1 Answer

Macy's Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (McLean, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was great. My manager was very knowledgeable in her department and knew exactly what her goals were. She addressed her personal pros and cons about working at Macy's and kept everything very honest. She shared the overall goal of Macy's, the background story of it, and much more. I could tell she was very dedicated to her job and it made me really want to be apart of her team.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to help achieve certain goals in this department?   Answer Question