Macy's Merchandise Team Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Merchandise Team Associate Interview Questions

1.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Wayne, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

(Willowbrook Mall NJ)
I came in a bit early and then i had an interview with one of the managers. They asked me several questions and then i got hired on the spot. I was interview by two people the first one was 20 min. and then the other was like 5 min.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a fast paced environment?
    What would you bring to our team environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Marlborough, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It took about 15 minutes
    They asked basic questions, just answer confidently.
    For me it seemed quick but since I answered confidently she already told me I would be hired after I passed the background check. If they ask you a question and you have never been in that situation don't lie and tell them that you haven't been put in a situation like that before and they will happily move on.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2015.

Interview

Was done over the phone and the interviewer talked very fast. He asked many questions that are normally asked. It took about 30 minutes and then I was told that someone would reach out to me if I was offered a position. I was offered a position two weeks later by the same guy who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle standing for long periods of time? What is your availability? Do you have experience in merchandising? Why do you want to work for Macy's ? Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer? How would you deal with a difficult customer ? Describe a time when you have a positive experience with a customer?   1 Answer

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Was easy, manager made me fee very comfortable. Very quick, took about 15 minites or so. Focused moatly in my ability to manage tasks on time, being a team player, and also being reliable on my own; dependability and punctuality are a must .

N/A

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal position and received an email the next day. I was interviewed over the telephone by an HR rep of the company and at the end of the call they offered me the job and told me that I would be contacted by the store I applied at to schedule training hours. I went in for one training session, at the end of the day I met my manager, she walked me around the store told me my duties and basic need to know things. She even asked me if I was planning to stay after the holiday season and if I was able to work the next day.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite season? Name one time someone wasn't doing what they were supposed to be doing? what did you do?   Answer Question

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied on line.Within few days I got a email to schedule a interview.The interview was very casual.the interview lasted for 30 min.They offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Is there a time when a team member did not show up and you have to take over their job,and how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If you see someone is cheating on the job,what would you do?   1 Answer
    • How good are in coping multiple responsibilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Livingston, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a little odd. When I first arrived to Macy's, I went to the location of the store that they told me to go to in the directions and when I got there the people asked me my name and what department that I was being interviewed for. I told them Support and I overheard them say that they didn't have anyone available to interview me. They called around the store, and eventually I was interviewed and I was asked a lot of scenario questions. At the end of my interview, the woman said that she thinks I would be a great fit for the position and that she wanted me to come back the following Wednesday for another interview with the Support Team Manager. When I came back for my second interview, I was hired on the spot and process for my background check, I start tomorrow. The whole process took two weeks.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email within 24 hours to schedule an interview (online). Was given short face to face interview and received a job offer at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Nanuet, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Quick and Easy, they were just more interested inhering for the seasonal position. The manager was very friendly. It did not feel like an interview whatsoever, it was more about telling me about the job and what my availability would be. I already knew I was hired the moment I started speaking with her.

Interview Questions

• Is this something you feel like you could handle ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Joliet, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Their interview process is a waste of time. They take forever to call you after you interview. But the worse part is , when you go to the interview they tell you the job you are interested in is not available, even though it is clearly posted on the list of open positions. So basically, it is a waste of time!!!! Then they tell you they "bench" you which means when and IF the position opens, they will call you, but they don't. You end up calling them, and them they act like they have no idea what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

Because they were completely unprofessional and unorganized.