Macy's Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.0

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took about a week. I applied online and I got an email to schedule the interview time. I got there and they led me to a room in the back and asked me questions about my experiences and it was about 15-20 minutes. I was offered the job 3 days later by phone after a background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you led a group.
    why macy's?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Wayne, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very simple and straight to the point. Filled out an app online the next day I got an email to schedule and interview. I was explained the job and responsibilities asked basic questions about your background and hired on the spot.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was rather brief. I waited for about 3 minutes before my interviewer called me in, and when I came back for the interview, the interviewer just described the job to me, told me the pay, and asked if I was okay with that, and then I received the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online then two days later I had to set up an interview online. The interview was about average. I arrived there 15 minutes early do I was able to start my interview as soon as I got there The manager was nice and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Salem, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I filled out an application online and a few days later I got an email with a link to schedule an interview. Once I got that set up I just needed to show up. I went to the interview and got asked typical questions and then later that day I was offered the job and set up when to come in for my first training.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Cordova, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

they basically ask why do you want to work here? why should we hire you? give me examples on how you handled a mad customer? stuff like that. They also asked things like where have you previously worked and why did you leave. little things like that,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

the interview was about 20 min long i came in i let the front desk know i was there for an interview i waited about 10 min to be called and i went in for my interview

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you were giving a certain time to complete a job and how would you complete it?

tell me why you choose macys to work for?

tell me a time you had to deal with a conflict at you job and how would you handle it?

how well do you work with a team?

what is your time availbility   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

There were two back-to-back interviews on campus. The questions were mostly behavioral based but also asked questions about the company and the industry. I learned that I got an interview a few weeks after submitting my resume and then heard back from the recruiter about a week after my interview.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

the interview process was very easy and short. one of the easiest I have ever done. the wait for actual interview was linger than the interview itself. the manager filled out hiring papers before she even asked me questions

Interview Questions

• they didn't really ask much mainly because it was seasonal and they needed positions filled quickly   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Leawood, KS) in December 2014.

Interview

Short few typical questions
    Had 1 on 1 interview. Questions were short and none required a very lengthy answer.
    was giving an offer and also was told a background check would be preformed.
    Lengthiest part of the process was the time the background check took, which was about 3-4 days (may have taken longer since I was hired on a weekend)