Macy's Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Overland Park, KS) in January 2011.

Interview

It was ignorant.

Interview Questions

• She asked no questions, just said someone else might call me. So a week later, I called her back, and she said that someone else would review my application. No one called me. An ex employee I knew called HR and reccomended me for the job. Then, I was called back in, and then she said the manager would contact me. Later on that week, the manager called me, and gave me the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

My interview at Macy's was very laid back. I went in dressed up, met with a hiring manager, we discussed my past work experiences and how I'd go about handling things that could arise at Macy's. It's a pretty staight forward interview, it's not too difficult to pass. Macy's standards are pretty relaxed to me.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2011.

Interview

It was simple.

Negotiation

their stuck on paying $8.00 per hour

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

only had one interview, there were only a few simple questions, the lady interviewing me was very friendly and up front about the hours. The background check took the longest. They did some training after I started, but not a lot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't a lot of negotiation, but I had retail experience so I did ask for than the offer.

Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Keep it open and watch their words if really serious to work as team and enjoy on the jobs daily tasks? Ask about hours and will get more hours in future? Not to cut off and no interesting for job tasks? Any one be salesperson, got be kidding to ask EACH customer for open new credit card account? Jobs out there are short...

To get new job next level and turned down. Because boss chose favorism employees.

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

got called back for the interview within 2 weeks. Got asked questions like, why do i want to work at Macys, Years of retail experience, How to make the store a better place, and stuff like that. After that they said they would call me, but they never call they usually email. Took about another 2 weeks for them to get back to me saying i got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here. Never answer for the money. Some people do and thats a no no. say something like the environment, the public and when it comes to holidays there is no place better to work and be, (except maybe home) throw in a joke if your interviewer is a joker and is laughing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $8.75 and wasn't really a negotiation just told me when i would start working.

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Redondo Beach, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. I submitted my application online, got a call for an in person interview about 3 weeks later, and interviewed about 1 week after that. I interviewed with only 1 person and got the job on the spot. My only complaint was that the interviewer seemed like he did not want to be bothered and was irritated. Oh well, I didn't let his attitude bother me, did well enough on the interview to actually make him crack a smile! And was offered the position.

Negotiation

Being that the position was temp/seasonal, there was no negotiation.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an e-mail saying they would like to interview me. A week later I went in for my interview and the manager was very nice.. She asked about 6 questions such as name a time where you were on a team and someone wasn't participating what did you do? and name a time when you saw someone doing something immoral and what did you do to stop it. she also asked about my past experiances.. She told me that they actually didn't have any spots available but she would call me if something came up. About a week later she called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Very standard. However, the hiring manager was unsure of anything about her department

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question came when she asked me what animal would I describe myself as.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiating they gave you a hiring amount and that was that...I'm guessing it was because I was a college student.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Tampa, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Got a call from Macys saying they wanted to interview me, went in for a 20 minute interview and got a call later in the day saying that I had been offered the position.