Macy's Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

The process was quick and easy. We sat in a waiting room then got called in one by one. Questions were asked (both personal and situation Q's) and then we chatted a little.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Quiet, easy interview asking you normal retail questions. Took a day or two to get interviewed. Week for hiring. Commission job so didn't accept. One on one interview took about 30min-1hr

Seller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

not very good but the pay more than made up by also being very bad took all my money now broke not very good but the pay more than made up by also being very bad took all my money now broke

Interview Questions

• not very good but the pay more than made up by also being very bad took all my money now broke   1 Answer

IT Developer/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with a technical member who walk through some tech issues and needed resolve. Was nice and easy. Would recomend going over woke basics prior. The gentleman was very easy going and seemed professional.

Floater Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Nyack, NY).

Interview

The first was a face to face interview with a superior. Just to assess you and quaifications then I attended a group interview process that lasted a few hours long. Of course we had to dress business casual. I reccommend all black as that is the dress code. They showed us videos and asked questions. It was a full out presentation. It wasn't my most enjoyable interview only because of the length but it wasn't difficult either. There were about 5 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• They asked what if questions regarding safety and shortage control.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor - Lancome Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

I mentioned that I had no previous retail experience, yet all of the interview questions were based on having prior experience. Wasn't surprised that I didn't get an offer. However, the recruiter shouldn't have scheduled an interview with me if they had known I had no experience (I wrote this on my resume AND cover letter).

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Degrading. The completely automated and very time consuming process culminating in an automated request for an interview was like a slap in the face.
    They didn't even have the decency to make a phone call to schedule an interview - instead the automated process wanted YOU to be available as a computerized time slot was sent.
    To make it more degrading, YOU had to check back through the computer system numerous times for the slot.
    This explains why the sales help at Macy's is the worst posssible and they are closing stores left and right.
    The "face of Macy's" that works directly with customers is lazy and generally illiterate - that is if you can find a salesperson.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

well the interviewer was laid back since she knew i was waiting for an hour , asked basic questions about customer service and incorperated a little makeup in there . very easy interview .. waiting on an email that i should recieve by saturday the 28th of january

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem apply a product to a customers face or hand ?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Very easy process for an entry level job. Just look at this site and you will pretty much find all of the question they will ask you in the interview.

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

You have to go to the human resources office located inside of Macy's. The interview process was very quick and straight to the point, it was pretty easy. You are asked a bunch of questions about your previous experience and your strengths/weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength/weakness?   1 Answer
    • Give an example when you solved a problem in a customer service setting   Answer Question