Macy's Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.4

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

went into macys store on 34th street. they told me that i was overqualified for the role being that i had just graduated from college and they did not offer me the next steps in moving forward.

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Came in for interview atleast 15 minutes early, waited half an hour after my interview time. spoke to the supervisor for 10 minutes only to be told in the middle of the interview that the position is filled and said she liked me but her hands are tied. So basically instead of giving everyone who applied for a chance, she decided to go on with the interview and acted like it was ok to waste an hour and a half of my life. If the position is filled the human resources department is suppose to call and let the person know not send a reminder when the position is filled.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I am an extremely enthusiastic person. I went on the interview and it was a room with 3-4 HR reps and you were supposed to spend 1/2 hour with 2 of the HR reps. The first person i spoke with was engaged in my interview. We spoke about multiple things both job and non-job related. The second person was looking at her phone the whole time, and looking away. Zero eye contact. She would ask me a question and then check her text messages (absolutely Rude) To top it off i was scheduled for my interview and arrived more than on time and when i walked into the room for my interview the HR Reps had a load of resumes on the table but my resume wasnt there. They were totally unprepared. Then ta few days later they had the nerve to tell me i wasnt offered the job, but in all actuality i was never fully interviewed. Macy's needs to get a grip on their HR Reps Interviewing team. Looking for work is a stressful enough process there is no need for your interviewer to be texting while interviewing you. She also had the nerve to ask me "Oh, the other guys asked you all the other questions right?" (like how am I supposed to know what the questions are , am I interviewing myself) give me a break! If this is a representation of your company. I will take my experience and most of all RESPECT some place else. I walked out from that room feeling completely agitated and wanting to chop my macy's card in two.

Interview Questions

• The other interviewer ask you all of the questions right? (What questions lady!!, how will I know what questions are on your sheet to ask me?)   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

The process was quick and easy. We sat in a waiting room then got called in one by one. Questions were asked (both personal and situation Q's) and then we chatted a little.

Omni Assistant Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a comfortable phone interview. I followed up to see if they pursued other candidates. I was very upset that Macys didn't send out an email if they decided to go with other candidates. The guy gave me a call and halfway through the call I felt very insulted. I applied for this position and asked me if I was interested in an office assistant job. I realize I am entry level, but I didn't get a quantitative degree to work as an assistant. Insulting. Never applying to Macys. This is why they are closing down stores. Failure to hire fresh minds instead of 20+ year work experience with associates degree will not drive a successful business.

Retail Commission Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was really easy, they asked why Macy's, asked if I was familiar with the home and bedding department, my availability and how soon can I start. The woman was nice, its good to come dressed as if you got the job, me doing that got me on payroll that same day

Interview Questions

• What experience can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

I had a great experiences with Macy's hiring process. It was fast and straight-forward. Phone screening, then in-person interview with a department Buyer. The overall process took about 2 weeks. It's nice to see that the company really cares about the employees and applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day at your current job.
      Why Macy's?
      How would you go about solving a problem?
      What's something you have to do at your current job and don't want to continue doing it at Macy's?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Looking for a salesperson but the interview process was quite lengthy for the type of position I was applying for. They wanted me to complete several interviews and since Im not in the area the phone interviews were difficult due to wifi issues.

Interview Questions

• How would I achieve my sales goals   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After I filled the application I got the email for interview at the same day. I had to follow the link given to choose the interview date and time. It was a simple process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. They asked basic questions regarding past work and your goals. I had a phone interview and then invited to come in for a in person interview. The interviewer was polite. I did not accept the job based on the hours that was offered.