Macy's On Call Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call to schedule an appointment for face to face interview
Fast and smooth process
The manager who interviewed me are very nice and friendly.
The whole process took around 2-4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable applying make up on other's   Answer Question
  • What is one thing the sales associate always ask at the end of each of the transaction?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

You have to go to the human resources office located inside of Macy's. The interview process was very quick and straight to the point, it was pretty easy. You are asked a bunch of questions about your previous experience and your strengths/weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength/weakness?   1 Answer
    • Give an example when you solved a problem in a customer service setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Downey, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

applied online, got called in for an interview for the following week. i thought it was going to be an in-person interview, when instead it was a phone interview. i had the option to call or wait to be called. i was excited so i called first and talked to the manager, she asked me some questions and offered me the job on the spot for cashier

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The online process is done online. HR will send an email informing you to pick a date and time for your interview, if selected. The interview is situational-based. If the first interview was successful then you will be called in for a second interview. The second interview will be with the manager of the department you may be interested in. I was told I have to start somewhere so the manager granted me the job during my second interview.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember actually. I don't think I was asked a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got email back to schedule interview. Interview was not difficult. Asked about experience in working in retail. Also, asked situational questions and what you would do during such situation.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications would make you an ideal candidate for this position   Answer Question

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online, was later contacted via email about scheduling an interview. Logged on and wasn't able to set up a time yet. It took about two days of constantly logging on to finally be able to set an appointment for an interview. Arrived 10 mins early, followed the directions given to me on the appointment reminder......only to find NO ONE was in the offices or at the front HR desk area. Finally it was about 4 mins before the interview that someone finally asked me what I was doing, and finally had someone page the manager who was suppose to interview me. Kinda unprofessional. Her excuse was that she was 'never in her office'..really? So how am I suppose to get in contact with you?? Red flag immediately popped up in my mind. Then the interview started in the office. Simple, routine questions...nothing too hard or difficult. Then I was informed that the position I applied for I actually wasn't qualified to get. And was asked if I would be interested in on-call or part-time positions in other departments. I said sure. So the interviewer said that my application will be kept for other positions, and to call back every week or so and check in. Basically a very nice way of saying they don't want to hire me. I left feeling like I wasted my time. Called back a few times since then and with no answer or reply back. NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!

Interview Questions

• How would you sell the Macy's credit card to a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website and received a notice thanking me for the application and to pick an interview time. Took me several days to schedule one, since I had to wait until a slot open. Did have to wait a little past my scheduled time, but not much. Standard questions regarding experience and background. Felt the interviewer (s) were quite personable and amicable. Felt comfortable immediately.

Interview Questions

• My availability (how soon). Was under the impression they were interviewing others and a decision would be made next week.   1 Answer

Not enough hours offered.

On Call Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

-How would you go about selling macys cards
    -How would you help somebody looking to buy a pair of pants
    -Describe a time where you had to work in a group to reach a goal
    -How would you celebrate a purchase
    -What would you do if you saw a associate stealing/ Describe a time in the work place where you saw somebody doing something dishonest

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a associate stealing / Describe a time in the work place where you saw somebody doing something dishonest   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple, Explained the pay, Hours and Benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Santa Rosa, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Online application, phone call, interview by a department manager, basic skills testing, job offer, training was provided online, a mall parking pass was issued and we had the option of getting a pre paid MAcy's employee card so we can use the discount offer of 20%

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with no receipt who was returning an item and was upset ?   1 Answer

On Call Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Got the e-mail to schedule an in person interview with the manager. Was told I would get a position and a week later was called for orientation.

Interview Questions

• You get asked how you would get someone to apply for the Macy's card, so learning about the card helps.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I didn't push it either since it was my first retail job.