Macy's RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online with the macys website and got an email saying that I could choose the date for the in store interview almost immediately after submitting my resume

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered a conflict and what you did to solve it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then I got an email to schedule an interview. They were actually tough questions for me. But it was dumb though because I got an email back saying I did not meet the availability qualifications even though I pretty much said I had open availability. They could've just told me I did not qualify overall instead of emailing a generic lie.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Nothing too major. The interview was staged. In other words, the questions asked were just read off a piece of paper. basic questions. which like why should we hire you? and what's your previous work experience? if any.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

The process was quick and easy. We sat in a waiting room then got called in one by one. Questions were asked (both personal and situation Q's) and then we chatted a little.

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Sat down in a room and was asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and mostly situational questions, as well as my availability. The interview was about 20 minutes and I received the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After I filled the application I got the email for interview at the same day. I had to follow the link given to choose the interview date and time. It was a simple process.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Did application and scheduled interview for the following week. Hiring manager was really friendly. Asked scenario questions. Applied for full time but got offered full time bc of school schedule Got job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 3 days, got an follow up email to set up an interview. Set my interview for the next day. Had to wait about 20 mins before the interviewer saw me. The interview was basic and took about 30 mins. It went really good and she even told me I would be a great fit and I should be hearing back within the next week. The next morning I got an rejection email. I thought it went great, not sure what happened.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email for an interview the very next day. The interview process was very quick and easier than I anticipated. The lady who interviewed me was very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Greensburg, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

They called me a day after I applied and did a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and I was offered the job. They set up a day and time for me to go into the store and fill out my hiring paperwork. It was overall an easy interview and hiring process.