Macy's Retail Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Retail Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

It took 2 days for me to be called in for an interview, it wasn't a group interview. It was a very simple interview, I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• why Macy's?
    Name a time you saw someone acting without integrity and how you reacted to the situation?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in North Chesterfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (North Chesterfield, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview approximately seven days after I applied online. Everything was handled through email and Macy's recruiting website. Macy's sent me a list of interview dates and times available. I selected a date and time then Macy's sent an email with detailed instructions.
    I arrived 20 minutes early and was promptly seen by the hiring manager. She was very professional.
    I was then offered the job and given a Training Schedule. Computer-based training was for two days, however, the rate of pay for training was $7.25 p/h which is minimum wage. I wasn't told about the difference in pay (or any pay for that matter) by the hiring manager, but I saw it listed on one of the HR sheets I had to sign. Also, the rate of pay (slightly more than minimum wage) wasn't discussed either. Everything was listed on the HR sheets. So if you are in the habit of signing before you read, you might be in for a surprise!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time you had a problem with a co-worker. What was the problem and what specific steps did you take to solve it?   1 Answer
    • Throughout your career, what accomplishment are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Very simple, relaxed and straight forward. No curve balls. I met with more than one manager for interviews. Believe I met with three people in total, all asking different questions related to my experience. The final interview was more in depth and also when I had to perform a mock merchandising set up on the showroom floor.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to Stage a part of the floor. I had so much time to do it in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My advice, is to do this job, you must have a love and passion for fashion. There will be long days and a lot of work ahead of you. If you love the industry, this will be no problem for you.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online at Macysjobs.com, received an email and instructions on choosing interview time. The Interviewer, although nice, read a list of questions from a sheet and wrote down your answers - very scripted and impersonal.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and received a request to schedule and interview. Interview was fast just the usual questions. Ended up turning it down because they could not guarantee me any hours.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very detailed with survey like quetions. Different situation what would you do. How would sale this. Give example of how you would handle conflicts at the work place m. Where do you see yourself in the company. They won't give you a lot of answer when you u have questions because they are surveying you on what position to put you in. I interview for one position and ended working a whole other role in a different department

Interview Questions

• What was a time you have fave great customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

None