Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

They totally forgot about my interview, which is the exact same thing they did last year when they called me. Very disorganized and unprofessional. Nobody is ever where they are supposed to be.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online with the macys website and got an email saying that I could choose the date for the in store interview almost immediately after submitting my resume

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered a conflict and what you did to solve it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they emailed me back a few days later to schedule an interview. I was able to choose my own date. They responded back a few hours later basically saying that they are going to persist with other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then I got an email to schedule an interview. They were actually tough questions for me. But it was dumb though because I got an email back saying I did not meet the availability qualifications even though I pretty much said I had open availability. They could've just told me I did not qualify overall instead of emailing a generic lie.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Nothing too major. The interview was staged. In other words, the questions asked were just read off a piece of paper. basic questions. which like why should we hire you? and what's your previous work experience? if any.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2017.

Interview

I arrived on time. It was very casual. The interviewer was nice. She just asked a set of questions about previous experience with customers, how you develop relationship with customers, how you handle conflict in workplace, etc.

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Sat down in a room and was asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and mostly situational questions, as well as my availability. The interview was about 20 minutes and I received the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

The process was quick and easy. We sat in a waiting room then got called in one by one. Questions were asked (both personal and situation Q's) and then we chatted a little.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After I filled the application I got the email for interview at the same day. I had to follow the link given to choose the interview date and time. It was a simple process.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Did application and scheduled interview for the following week. Hiring manager was really friendly. Asked scenario questions. Applied for full time but got offered full time bc of school schedule Got job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation   1 Answer