Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.2

537 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was pretty easy. The interview took no more than 30 minutes. I met with HR at the store I was working in and mostly talked about my resume and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied online on a Friday. That following Monday morning I got an email from Macy's telling me to schedule my interview date and time. The interview was pretty neutral and fast & the interview process was about 6-7 minutes long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Altamonte Springs, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Panel was very professional in the interview process,questions were fair and easy to answer based on different scenarios however its very competitive as lots of people are being interviewed .Overall I think the experience was good and people were very nice

Interview Questions

• Gave Scenarios and asked what could they expect from u in the given scenarios   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Basic interview, interviewee was very open and honest on the questions I asked. Very helpful and knowledgeable answers. Ran into a couple of employees who worked there before the interview, they were very nice and talkative, really helped with the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dublin, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief and to the point. Immediately started my interview because I arrived thirty minutes early. Interviewer was friendly and not at all pressuring. Questions were straightforward and were based off situations you will have to face when working as a retail associate.

Interview Questions

• If a customer cannot find an item he/she has been looking for, what would you say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was sent an email to schedule myself for an interview. The interviewer went through a list of basic questions about background, experience and why I wanted to work for Macy's. After the interview concluded, she offered me a position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Macy's.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

it was fairly easy 2 interviews . they have you come in and meet the department manager, once you meet with them, if they like you you'll get a 2nd interview with 2 managers. they ask questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

• if I have any experience in retail?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

I arrived early and was able to do the interview on the spot. She asked me a few questions and I did hesitate, which is my fault. She was pretty rushed and had to had a ringing phone on her. After the interview I was told I'd get a email within 72hrs with their decision and that she had a few more interviews to do. Well like other reviewers I never recieved a email and I didn't bother calling. Such a waste of time!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Douglasville, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Set up interview day and time online and the interview was conducted in the executive office. One-on-one interview with typical interview questions about yourself and work ethic. After a week, I was sent an email response stating that I did not get the position. Not completely sure why because it was a easy interview process and I had plenty of experience, I guess it just wasn't meant for me.

Application

Interview

The process was very easy. I was a little late, but they still let me interview because my resume looked really good. I was very honest with them, telling them what I’m good at and what I’m not good at. It felt really nice talking to them.