Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Told them I would be in town for the summer. They stopped the interview right away and told me they didn't need me for the position. Was very unprofessional and wouldn't recommend working or interviewing here.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with the manager of the department that I was going to be working in. The process was straightforward. After waiting a few minutes for the manger to come, we went into a conference room where she asked several questions pertaining to my experience working and personal attributes. They were basic "interview questions" that can be looked up online and easily prepared for.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time in which you used group work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

It went extremely well and was very quick. Whether or not that is good is up to you. If you have retail and/or cashier experience I believe this job will be easy for you to get. If you do not have either of those, it may be more difficult for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience that will be beneficial here.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2020.

Interview

6 days later, and I'm having to call them to follow up (and getting nowhere, just bounced from department to department, and I just had to leave a message on their machine). I seriously doubt I'm still in the running for either job, but I would at least like to hear that from them instead of being ghosted like this. It's disrespectful. Whether you have no experience or 10 years of experience, you should be treated as a professional and be communicated with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've had to sell someone on something (an idea, product, etc.).   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Excellent. Nice people. It was a pleasant process the whole way around. I definitely felt comfortable during the entire process. Usually interviews make me nervous, but the people made me feel very comfortable.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Room with applicants that are relocated to a conference room where they are individually interviewed at a time. Waited for less than 5 minutes before receiving interview which took merely 10 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Irving, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

It was really quick, she just asked some basic questions and wanted to make sure that if I got hired I would be able to work for the holidays. Then, she told me to wait for Helen to contact me. It was yesterday, so I haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you had to work under your own supervision, and if so how did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Palmdale, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview a week after. I showed up and signed in and there were a lot of people. The manager was very friendly she asked 4 to 6 questions. And finally asked for availability.

Interview Questions

• They first asked to tell them about yourself?   1 Answer
    • They gave like small scenarios and i was supposed to answer with an example of something that has happened in my life related to the scenario. One scenario was "how do you use technology in your everyday life?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Honestly great interview and I got the job on the spot. Questions were asked throughly and gave details about what it was like day to day at Macy’s. It was easy to get the position too.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Not that difficult. Came in and talked to a lady who seemed straightforward and frank. She asked a bunch of questions that came from a questionaire and wrote down the answers.