Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2018

2.2

569 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sugar Land, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, Got a call from district on wednesday. Phone Interviewed lasted 25 minutes was offered the postion immediatel . Initally accepted the offer but then declined $9.00 is too low of pay wish the pay scale was higher, Pay rate isnt negotiable you have to accept the rate corporate offers.

Interview Questions

• How wolud you sell a macys credit card?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Northridge, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was rather quick, a large portion of it included them telling me about the position I was applying for. The interviewer wanted to know how much previous experience I had in retail. Following the interview I had to take a few tests, some of which included questions asking how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How do well do you handle pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then they call me and arrange the interview session , the manager of the department who wanted to hire me asked some questions about my job experience in sales and some routine question and my future plan.

Interview Questions

• explain your experience that how you sales new item to the customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the next day to schedule an appointment, and about one week later I did my interview. I'm a seasonal employee and have returned to Macy's multiple times at my home store when I go back home after a semester of college. I needed extra money this semester so I applied to another store for more convenience to where I live for college. I was more than prepared for the interview and showed how experienced and familiar I was with Macy's. However, at the end of the interview, the manager said that they are still going through other candidates and if there are other job openings available, she will try to put me in. However, I knew just from her body language and tone that I was not going to be offered the job. They must have had their own previous employees apply for the job and just transferred them. On top of that, despite them telling me that they would get back to me and liked how experienced I was with Macy's, they did not. I am disappointed at how they didn't follow up and made me wait an extra week. Since I knew I was not going to be offered the job I applied for other places during the period of waiting and I got another retail job; however, it would have been of more convenience to work somewhere that I was already familiar with.

Interview Questions

• - Why did you want to work for Macy's?
      - Explain how you used integrity   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied and then a couple of hours later I got an email asking to schedule an interview. I schedule it for a week later. I went 30 minutes early and was asked to wait which was fine since I knew my interview was later on. It came time for my interview but they kept me still waiting. The interviewee came 15 minutes after the planned time which I don't think was professional. She asked me why Macy's, my experience, and that was pretty much it. It wasn't a great interview. The woman stared at me for like 5 seconds after I finished talking which was weird. Said she still had other people to interview so she said she'd give me a call. It's only been 2 days and haven't heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Tulsa, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief, open, relaxed. There was a good rapport, and I would make the interviewer laugh, and she would make me laugh. She asked the standard interview questions, I felt like she had it all down to a science

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was average. They asked basic questions and about your availability. Make sure to think through your answers before answering so that you're able to give a good answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Frisco, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

1st completed and online assessment, after that i was contacted via email to select an interview time, then i got a call a day b4 the interview to reschedule, went to the interview and was told that the position was filled. so why did you waste my time and brought me in?
    so unprofessional

Interview Questions

• typical questions about tell me a situation when........   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was applying for shoe expeditor, but they told me that was filled and offered me the role of retail sales associate. After that they asked about my work background. They offered me the job over the phone after that after saying they would "take a vote".

Interview Questions

• What was my background in retail.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a short and friendly interview and the lady asked few simple questions related to previous customer experience and how would I handle the customers at Macys in case they need help or there is a problem.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if you see a customer steal something from the store?   1 Answer