Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.2

524 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I met with the manager of the department (womens shoes) and manager for the stock area. The department manager grilled me on my customer service skills while the stock manager focused more on my ability to adapt and adjust to inventory-related changes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

There are way too many people interviewing at once, not much personal attention, the only way to get ahead of them is to reach out personally to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you were able to upsell a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. After filling out the application online, I was asked to fill out an assessment. I was called in for an interview a couple weeks later. I interviewed with the men's dept supervisor. I was offered the job and was scheduled to come back the following week to fill out new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • A customer comes into your department and finds a pair of shoes, but you are out of their size. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

They totally forgot about my interview, which is the exact same thing they did last year when they called me. Very disorganized and unprofessional. Nobody is ever where they are supposed to be.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online with the macys website and got an email saying that I could choose the date for the in store interview almost immediately after submitting my resume

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered a conflict and what you did to solve it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they emailed me back a few days later to schedule an interview. I was able to choose my own date. They responded back a few hours later basically saying that they are going to persist with other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then I got an email to schedule an interview. They were actually tough questions for me. But it was dumb though because I got an email back saying I did not meet the availability qualifications even though I pretty much said I had open availability. They could've just told me I did not qualify overall instead of emailing a generic lie.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy process. Nothing too major. The interview was staged. In other words, the questions asked were just read off a piece of paper. basic questions. which like why should we hire you? and what's your previous work experience? if any.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in May 2017.

Interview

I arrived on time. It was very casual. The interviewer was nice. She just asked a set of questions about previous experience with customers, how you develop relationship with customers, how you handle conflict in workplace, etc.

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Sat down in a room and was asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and mostly situational questions, as well as my availability. The interview was about 20 minutes and I received the job on the spot.