Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.2

529 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

it was fairly easy 2 interviews . they have you come in and meet the department manager, once you meet with them, if they like you you'll get a 2nd interview with 2 managers. they ask questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

• if I have any experience in retail?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dublin, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief and to the point. Immediately started my interview because I arrived thirty minutes early. Interviewer was friendly and not at all pressuring. Questions were straightforward and were based off situations you will have to face when working as a retail associate.

Interview Questions

• If a customer cannot find an item he/she has been looking for, what would you say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was sent an email to schedule myself for an interview. The interviewer went through a list of basic questions about background, experience and why I wanted to work for Macy's. After the interview concluded, she offered me a position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Macy's.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They asked if was a team player and work my allotted hours . If I had any difficulties getting to work each day. Was I enthusiastic about working for Macy's.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I met with the manager of the department (womens shoes) and manager for the stock area. The department manager grilled me on my customer service skills while the stock manager focused more on my ability to adapt and adjust to inventory-related changes.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

There are way too many people interviewing at once, not much personal attention, the only way to get ahead of them is to reach out personally to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you were able to upsell a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. After filling out the application online, I was asked to fill out an assessment. I was called in for an interview a couple weeks later. I interviewed with the men's dept supervisor. I was offered the job and was scheduled to come back the following week to fill out new hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • A customer comes into your department and finds a pair of shoes, but you are out of their size. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

They totally forgot about my interview, which is the exact same thing they did last year when they called me. Very disorganized and unprofessional. Nobody is ever where they are supposed to be.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online with the macys website and got an email saying that I could choose the date for the in store interview almost immediately after submitting my resume

Interview Questions

• Name a time you encountered a conflict and what you did to solve it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they emailed me back a few days later to schedule an interview. I was able to choose my own date. They responded back a few hours later basically saying that they are going to persist with other candidates.