Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

The process was quick and easy. We sat in a waiting room then got called in one by one. Questions were asked (both personal and situation Q's) and then we chatted a little.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Sat down in a room and was asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and mostly situational questions, as well as my availability. The interview was about 20 minutes and I received the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Macy's (Edison, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After I filled the application I got the email for interview at the same day. I had to follow the link given to choose the interview date and time. It was a simple process.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbia, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Did application and scheduled interview for the following week. Hiring manager was really friendly. Asked scenario questions. Applied for full time but got offered full time bc of school schedule Got job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 3 days, got an follow up email to set up an interview. Set my interview for the next day. Had to wait about 20 mins before the interviewer saw me. The interview was basic and took about 30 mins. It went really good and she even told me I would be a great fit and I should be hearing back within the next week. The next morning I got an rejection email. I thought it went great, not sure what happened.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email for an interview the very next day. The interview process was very quick and easier than I anticipated. The lady who interviewed me was very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Greensburg, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

They called me a day after I applied and did a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and I was offered the job. They set up a day and time for me to go into the store and fill out my hiring paperwork. It was overall an easy interview and hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewer asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and asked how I could contribute to the store sales through the way I approach customers. Interviewer asked me to define what customer service meant to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe what I would do if I had a long line of customers and others waiting to be helped on the sales floor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

The best way is to apply online. If you are selected, you would need to make an appointment with them, which is usually a few days after you have applied. It is better to get the interview earlier, as they fill up the positions quickly. The interview was relatively easy. They ask about your background, any times were you had o work in teams. Also, they ask many if questions to see how you would react to a problem.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is upset about one of your products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

The interview was very cut and dry. I know retail is really knowing the products your selling and being kind and curtious to everyone. Being able to multi task is great, also able to use the cash register properly helps make the costumers experience a pleasant one. . Which is the primary goal, to have your customer have a great experience at your place of business and to keep coming back and spread the word to there family and friends.

Interview Questions

• If I knew anything about women shoes. Would I feel comfortable   1 Answer