Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Lake Grove, NY).

Interview

The process was quick and easy. We sat in a waiting room then got called in one by one. Questions were asked (both personal and situation Q's) and then we chatted a little.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email for an interview the very next day. The interview process was very quick and easier than I anticipated. The lady who interviewed me was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Got an email back 2 days later to schedule an appointment. I made the appointment the following Thursday. On Wednesday I got an email telling me they have already filled the position. I'm sorry this is super unprofessional in my opinion. They didn't even give me the opportunity to interview especially when I know I have the skills and experience for the job. That really irked me leaving a not so great view of the company.

Interview Questions

• We filled the position????   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Greensburg, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

They called me a day after I applied and did a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes and I was offered the job. They set up a day and time for me to go into the store and fill out my hiring paperwork. It was overall an easy interview and hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewer asked why I wanted to work for Macy's and asked how I could contribute to the store sales through the way I approach customers. Interviewer asked me to define what customer service meant to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe what I would do if I had a long line of customers and others waiting to be helped on the sales floor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

The best way is to apply online. If you are selected, you would need to make an appointment with them, which is usually a few days after you have applied. It is better to get the interview earlier, as they fill up the positions quickly. The interview was relatively easy. They ask about your background, any times were you had o work in teams. Also, they ask many if questions to see how you would react to a problem.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is upset about one of your products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

The interview was very cut and dry. I know retail is really knowing the products your selling and being kind and curtious to everyone. Being able to multi task is great, also able to use the cash register properly helps make the costumers experience a pleasant one. . Which is the primary goal, to have your customer have a great experience at your place of business and to keep coming back and spread the word to there family and friends.

Interview Questions

• If I knew anything about women shoes. Would I feel comfortable   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Toms River, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview went very well and was approx 30-45 minutes long. After answering various questions, I was told to report back 2 days later to start my training sessions.

Interview Questions

• Do I feel that the job position was agreeable to me.   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to be on your feet for a lengthy period of time?   Answer Question
    • Can I handle a pickup of items apptox. 50 pounds or less?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was very casual.It was one on one.They just ask you standard questions. Tell us about you.what are strength and weaknesses?
    The intervy was taken by one of the available sales manager.
    Just one interview that's it.And I was offer a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are your weakness? What would you do if you see any employee doing wrong things?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. They were firm about the pay.

Anonymous Employee in Oxford Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Oxford Valley, PA).

Interview

Very basic. They appeared to want to hire anyone with a pulse. The interviewing managers seemed to be retail people with the bubbly cheerleader type personality, lacking in true management skills themselves. Probably ok when hiring high school kids, but didn't really have professional expertice themselves. I found it funny when they appeared to be asking "in depth" questions that were really just form letter interview questions for a job that requires dealing with basic customers and hanging things on racks.

Interview Questions

• Basic form type questions. Availability, customer service, etc.   1 Answer