Macy's Retail Stock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Retail Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Johnson City, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Awful experience. Went in on July 1st (hour drive) and they acted like they didn't know why I was there.. and the manager of the stock/replenishment department wasn't even there that day (why couldn't they have called and told me this in advance? She started calling other interviewees to have them reschedule their appointments as well, minutes before they were supposed to come in!)

Anyway, they told me to reschedule and I thought.. alright I've give it another shot because this job seems like it'll be good for me. I come back in early August (after confirming my appointment with the secretary through SEVERAL phone calls) and they once again looked at me like I had two heads. Not only did they not have my name down, another man walked in and they realized they double booked. I was initially put in a room with the wrong manager, and then finally when I got into the interview with the RIGHT person this time... she was completely disconnected from me. After I answered a few questions she had to go out into the hall to ask what positions she had available and I was like... how could she not know, what kind of place is this? When she offered me an on-call position (with strange hours to boot) I was shocked... I can't even get part-time steady work anymore?!!? She acted like she was doing me a favor or something... Needless to say I went over to Jcpenney to get a job and it was a BREEZE. I'm seeking a graduate degree currently and just needed steady part-time work in the interim... Macy's needs to learn a thing or two from Jcpenney!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a problem at work? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever worked in a team to get things accomplished?   Answer Question

Unprofessional, disorganized, expected me to take an on-call position when I applied for part-time. Worst interview experience that I've ever had.