Macy's Retail Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Retail Support Associate Interview Questions

1.8

Retail Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2016.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was super nice. She asked me basic questions and assist me with the answers since she knew this is the first interview of my life. They even gave me higher than what I asked for on the online application. I am excited to start my new job!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Got there early and on time. Five minutes past the time I was supposed to have started the interview, this lady finally called me in. Before even beginning the other questions she asked me what times I'm available and if I'm currently in college and I said yes and that I'm available any time for however long after 10AM. That was the same time I put on my application online. Then she said they don't receive the times I'm available which makes no sense since it comes with my complete application. Then she tried offering me a Selling Sales Associate position that I did not want in the first place. Basically had my time wasted along with my gas when it shouldn't have. This company is garbage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Beaumont, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the following business day was contacted to schedule an interview. I went online to schedule the interview and picked the first available time slot (I believe that they were interviewing over a two day span). Today I get an email saying that the position was filled, this is before any interviews have taken place. Highly unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Monterey, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I went in 15 minutes before interview time. The person who was taking interviews were not there. Another Lady from HR took the interview she was very polite. She was reading the questions from a paper. It almost took 10 minutes. I was told I was better be working in Sales team because of my experience. Just Prepare the answers of questions from this website you ll be alright.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a team member wasn't puling their own weight and what did you do about that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when any employee was doing something unethical and what did you do about that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were able to cope up with sudden change in priorities?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My appointment was at 10 am in the morning but the doors did not open until then or later, while I wanted to arrive early I couldn't and I had to wait about a half an hour in the HR office before the interviewer showed up. Later on I realized the position was very early in the morning, and that they needed a ling term employee. Since I was only looking to work for the summer they did not hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Laredo, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

My interviewer was late to our appointment which I thought was a bit unprofessional but they had me wait in this little sitting area that they had until she showed up. The interview process was pretty easy, it was a one on one interview and my interviewer and I got along really well.

She asked me standard questions: Do you have any prior experience in retail? What is your current class schedule like? Do you have any experience in customer service? Things of that nature.

I left feeling confident after she told me that the hiring manager would contact me about the second interview soon, however, a week later I got an email telling me that they appreciate me applying but that I wasn't a right fit for the company. I was a bit shocked but since she told me that I'd be going in for a second interview, but I guess not. It's fine though, no hard feelings.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online 30 minutes later i recievd an email to schedule an interview... Did my research study the company ... The Next day i had my interview... It went great we talked about the weather first which calm me down alot... Its went great i was offered the job on d spot...

Interview Questions

• Name a time you where on a team,what was your role and what was the outcome   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (White Plains, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I have to say it was one of the worse interviews I did in my life, I just left the place crying. After I managed to acquire an interview with macys stores, which was fairly easy, they kept calling me to postpone for 2 days while always miss pronouncing my name. when I actually arrived at the interview, the receptionist in the HR and the HR lady were really unprofessional and disrespectful. At one point the HR lady was telling me that I have missed my interview and it was scheduled 2 days before and accused me of lying that they called to postpone. I managed to remain my professionalism and started the interview with her, she ignored me for 10 mins by chitchatting on the phone and leaving the room, and then when she finally started the interview, she clearly stated that she is not interested and stopped the interview by saying and I quote: "Lets face it you are not getting the job, not to mention you are asking too much money".

Interview Questions

• one of the questions before she stops the interview:
      what will you do if one of your colleagues was doing an unethical action?
      4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, next day got an email inviting me to have an interview with them, scheduled the interview about a week later, when I arrived for the interview they had me wait in the conference room, I did have to wait awhile for the woman to come and interview me, at the end of the interview she asked if I had any questions and that she'd call me back if there were any openings.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone didn't pull their weight, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Lithonia, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I saw that's Macy's were hiring for Support associate so I decided to apply. I fill out the applaction on line on February 24th & the next day I receive a email inviting me for a interview I had to schedule appointment it sechudle me a week & 3 days for my interview. I made sure to look up questions that they would ask me which led me to glass door I made sure I wrote down all the questions that everyone else left on here made sure every day that I went over the questions to get myself perpaired which I glad I did because the same questions on here she ask me. When I got there, there was one person there waiting to be interview as well see had hers first then me the the hr manger greeted me introduce her self she took me to the room made a lil joke which mad me feel better & relax she ask me my avability in which I told her it was open then ask me about my last position and then she ask me about 5 questions which were all easy & she wrote down on a paper of what I was saying after I would answer a question she said OK good. After the questions was done she gave me a brief describe of the job & the hours but she also told me that she dont see me in support but more as in the sales or cosmetics because my makeup was done so good she love the way I carried myself she gave me a lot of complaints which made me soo happy. She said she don't know if they had any openings in cosmestics & she have to see & also that she couldn't tell me today did I get the job have to wait till the other manger comes back next week & that she was gonna write some good notes on my applaction so I have to wait & see hopefully I hear good news the whole interview was about 15mins quick & easy

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for Macy's?

Tell me a time when one of your coworkers was not doing their work what would u do & how would you handle it?

If you had a lot of tasks that day & after completing thing your getting ready to go home then your boss give you a task what would u do & how would you handle it?

Tell me some thing about yourself that would make me wanna hire you?

She ask one more question but I can't rember it

But all in all it was a quick easy interview just go over the questions I left & others people left from there interview & perpair and you will do fine just using glassdoor really help me.....good luck
      Answer Question