Macy's Retail Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

1.9

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received an email asking me to pick a time and date to come in for an interview. I met with the manager and then after 15 minutes met with his associate. The manager cut our interview short to interview another candidate. The associate told me they would contact me my phone or email, which they haven't so far.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and I received an email within the next two days asking me to come in for an interview. I arrived 5 minutes early, but the interviewer didn't call me in till 15 min after my scheduled interview time. After asking me a bunch of questions about my experience with working on a team and why I wanted to work at Macy's, the interviewer asked me if I could come in at 5:30 am and work till 3:30 pm when she had a copy of my availability that I filled out online. I don't why she called me in for an interview when I mentioned on my application that I could not come in before 1:00 pm due to a conflicting schedule of another job. Waste of my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you worked on a team and one of the team members was not cooperating. What did you do, and what were the consequences if any?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

I arrived fifteen minutes early. I was taken into a side room with who I think is a manager. He said he has worked for Macy's for 15+ years and he worked on the dock. I was told they were looking for people to work at 5:30AM when I did not put that availability on my application. I finished the interview and was told they would call me if they had a position for me.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2016.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was super nice. She asked me basic questions and assist me with the answers since she knew this is the first interview of my life. They even gave me higher than what I asked for on the online application. I am excited to start my new job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Got there early and on time. Five minutes past the time I was supposed to have started the interview, this lady finally called me in. Before even beginning the other questions she asked me what times I'm available and if I'm currently in college and I said yes and that I'm available any time for however long after 10AM. That was the same time I put on my application online. Then she said they don't receive the times I'm available which makes no sense since it comes with my complete application. Then she tried offering me a Selling Sales Associate position that I did not want in the first place. Basically had my time wasted along with my gas when it shouldn't have. This company is garbage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Beaumont, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the following business day was contacted to schedule an interview. I went online to schedule the interview and picked the first available time slot (I believe that they were interviewing over a two day span). Today I get an email saying that the position was filled, this is before any interviews have taken place. Highly unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Monterey, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I went in 15 minutes before interview time. The person who was taking interviews were not there. Another Lady from HR took the interview she was very polite. She was reading the questions from a paper. It almost took 10 minutes. I was told I was better be working in Sales team because of my experience. Just Prepare the answers of questions from this website you ll be alright.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a team member wasn't puling their own weight and what did you do about that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when any employee was doing something unethical and what did you do about that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were able to cope up with sudden change in priorities?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My appointment was at 10 am in the morning but the doors did not open until then or later, while I wanted to arrive early I couldn't and I had to wait about a half an hour in the HR office before the interviewer showed up. Later on I realized the position was very early in the morning, and that they needed a ling term employee. Since I was only looking to work for the summer they did not hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Laredo, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

My interviewer was late to our appointment which I thought was a bit unprofessional but they had me wait in this little sitting area that they had until she showed up. The interview process was pretty easy, it was a one on one interview and my interviewer and I got along really well.

She asked me standard questions: Do you have any prior experience in retail? What is your current class schedule like? Do you have any experience in customer service? Things of that nature.

I left feeling confident after she told me that the hiring manager would contact me about the second interview soon, however, a week later I got an email telling me that they appreciate me applying but that I wasn't a right fit for the company. I was a bit shocked but since she told me that I'd be going in for a second interview, but I guess not. It's fine though, no hard feelings.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online 30 minutes later i recievd an email to schedule an interview... Did my research study the company ... The Next day i had my interview... It went great we talked about the weather first which calm me down alot... Its went great i was offered the job on d spot...

Interview Questions

• Name a time you where on a team,what was your role and what was the outcome   1 Answer