Macy's COSMETICS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's COSMETICS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.4

255 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Set up an interview time online, which is convenient. Interview was short and to the point. Found out results within a few days. Simple questions and easy to answer

Impulse Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Allentown, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly easy. I had a positive experience as the Beauty Sales Manager and I were both from NYC. The questions were not hard if you have experience in sales and/or beauty. Knowledge of beauty products is not a requirement. However, the sales aspect is something that is important to land this position. Still waiting back from them :)

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you worked with a team, reached a goal, and contributed to that success.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied on line. Got an email to set up interview. Went to interview and got hired on the spot. Started two weeks later. Love my great job. yeah, yeah, heah

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR was very nice and asked me to sit outside for waiting, and it took 30 mins.Even though I did not get the offer at last, it was a really experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Please introduce some product to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email 2 or 3 days later asking me to scheduling an interview. I applied for the Clinique Counter Manager position, but when I went for my interview the lady who interviewed me introduced herself as the Clinique Counter Manager. I didn't say anything about the position because I figured that she would eventually explain what was going on, but instead she conducted an interview like normal. The interview took maybe 10 minutes, just basic getting to know you questions, and then at the end she offered me a part-time position. I finally told her that I thought I was interviewing for a counter manager position, and she shrugged it off and said that they only had a part-time position available at that time. She asked me to come back the next day to meet the store's cosmetic manager and do some paperwork, but I ended up canceling and told them that I wasn't interested in a part-time position.

Interview Questions

• asked me to describe my past work experience in more detail   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was pleasant, it is a very standard interview where it would be in your favor to go over your "go-to" stories the night before. They are looking for well thought out responses that have to do with your previous experience.

Interview Questions

• We value honesty in our company can you describe a time you had to deal with someone being dishonest and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, just like a conversation getting to know each other. Wasn't too much about the job more about me and my thought process. I was promoted within the company so they knew my work ethics.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to elevate the counter's business?   1 Answer

Seasonal Fragrance and Cosmetics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online, then I got an email requesting me some info for an interview. I went for it and the interviewer was very friendly, it took only like 15 min and all went so good.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. Got an email right after I applied, to schedule a one-on-one interview. I was surprised I got called for a second interview, since I don't have retail experience. But didn't do so great on my second interview. I knew then that I wasn't getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a coworker how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2016.

Interview

Came in for an interview, but the person who was initially supposed to interview me was late, so the HR manager for the store took me back to conduct the interview. The first thing she told me was that they had already put an offer in to someone else for the position I was interviewing for (which meant my being there was an entire waste of time). I went through the process anyway, and she told me she would call me back that afternoon to let me know if there were any other positions available that suit my skill set.

At the end of the day, I was emailed and told that my availability schedule didn't match what they were looking for (even though I posted full availability, including overtime).

I ended up getting a recruitment email by the regional manager for Esteé Lauder, asking if i would be interested in meeting with Macy's for the same job that I had just applied for, that was apparently already closed for over a month.