Macy's COSMETICS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.4

Seasonal Fragrance and Cosmetics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online, then I got an email requesting me some info for an interview. I went for it and the interviewer was very friendly, it took only like 15 min and all went so good.

Retail Cosmetics Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a invite for an interview the day after applying for the job. All questions were based on what the interviewer had on a paper. Simple but really fast. Interview lasted about less than 5 mins tops.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about signing a customer up for a Macy's Credit Card   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2016.

Interview

Came in for an interview, but the person who was initially supposed to interview me was late, so the HR manager for the store took me back to conduct the interview. The first thing she told me was that they had already put an offer in to someone else for the position I was interviewing for (which meant my being there was an entire waste of time). I went through the process anyway, and she told me she would call me back that afternoon to let me know if there were any other positions available that suit my skill set.

At the end of the day, I was emailed and told that my availability schedule didn't match what they were looking for (even though I posted full availability, including overtime).

I ended up getting a recruitment email by the regional manager for Esteé Lauder, asking if i would be interested in meeting with Macy's for the same job that I had just applied for, that was apparently already closed for over a month.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interviewer was very personable. She made the process very comfortable. First she asked about my experience in customer service then she asked only a few simple questions but she didnt ask any questions related to the specific job title. The interviewing process was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way for a customer   1 Answer
    • Are you open to working holidays and overtime   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Was alright, felt comfortable & welcome. The interview was very straight forward & so were the questions. My only gripe is I applied for a part time position & was told that's what I was getting but when it came time to fill out paperwork, I was told I was getting an 'On-call' position, which was a let down.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a customer to sign up for a Macys card?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Santa Clarita, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job at Macy's and was invited to schedule an interview. I did so, received a confirmation of my interview and a reminder for it yesterday. I drove 50 miles to the store and waited for an interviewer just to be told the position had been filled. Not only was I not notified the position had been filled before I drove all the way there, the interviewer informed me the position had already been filled when I applied for it. The interviewer then proceeded to ask me to interview for a position that was not of the same caliber or pay range of the one I applied for.

Interview Questions

• The position you applied for has been filled, are you interested in interviewing for another position?   Answer Question

Cosmetics/Fragrance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I originally had my interview early in the morning but got informed an hour before that it would be switched to a later time that same day. I had no problem with that! Went into the HR office and was told to sign in, I arrived 15 minutes early and only had to wait 5 mins to get interviewed. The lady who interviewed me was very nice, pleasant and I felt really comfortable speaking to her. Was asked standard questions and got hired on the spot. I look forward to working at Macy's!

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process took about 15 mins after waiting for about 40 mins for HR to get a hold of a cosmetics counter manager to interview me. The cosmetics counter managers that interviewed me were nice and said that they loved me and was a great fit and that they would pass my info along to the brand and that the brand would be calling me for a 2nd interview

COSMETICS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

pass first int with highering manager than second interview with dept manager then hopefully interview with a cosmetic vendor interviewed with clinique vendor the next day i found out i did not get that position so i waited for a call from another cosmetic vendor(to int) but did not hear anything after a week i called back to the actual cosmetic manager and left a message.... that was yesterday still haven't been called back.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you were part of a team what did you do what was your role how did it turn out   Answer Question

Chanel Cosmetic Beauty Counter Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Albany, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I got an email the following day asking me to set up an interview date and time online. I did, and went in the following week. I was asked a series of questions by the hiring manager. She was nice and straightforward. The questions were basic and pretty easy to answer. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you get a customer (or client) to come back to specifically see YOU?   1 Answer