Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,527 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,527 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

applied online and eventually received an invite for interview that I was able to set up with a set of dates and times. Met with a manager and was asked background questions and work history question. fairly easy dress nicely be friendly and you pretty much got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Apply online in their store. Hr office and you'll get call faster than doing it at home. They say it shows more interest when u go there than from hom

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

it was walking interview , easy interview , manager ask question about my past experience and how i am fit for this position, they like my appropriate answer and finally hired me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self? share you past experience? customer service relation question?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied to the same Macy's twice.

The first time I applied, I applied online. The very next day I got an email asking me to schedule an interview date and time. Fast forward to the day, I had to wait an extra 30 minutes because the interviewer was interviewing someone else when I got there.
    Finally it was my turn. The lady asked me questions off of a piece of paper and wrote down my responses. She asked about 5-6 basic interview questions. After that she took me on a tour around Macy's. After we were done I asked her what to expect after the interview, and she said within 2 days they would email. After 2 days I got an email rejecting me because my hours didn't work.

I applied a second time about a week later. Got another email to schedule an interview. I went to the HR room and explained to a different manager that I've already interviewed before, but I just applied again. I didn't know if it would be the same lady that was gonna interview me or not. The same lady came out and she was gonna interview me, but decided to have the manager that I talked to first interview me. He read basically the same script as first time. I changed the hours that I could and was willing to work. He said I had to be able to work weekends, but I couldn't. He then said he would talk to HR about it and that they would email or call me. A week later, I got nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   1 Answer
    • How would you get a customer to open up a Macy's credit card?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had to work together as a team with someone and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with using technology?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you saw someone steal or bend the rules, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied and received interview notification the next morning. Scheduled interview for 2 days later. Lasted about 30minutes and got hired right after the interview. Interviewed with the store manager, but typically you would be interviewed by department manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you handled a difficult situation, How would you sell a Macy's card?, How do you work with people? Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA).

Interview

When I applied they responded back really quick. However I waited almost an hour to be interviewed. During the interview their question were all situation based (what would you do this, what would you do if, etc.). Their hours were bad, working only Tuesday's and Thursday's.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to take control over a situation and how did that help you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The man who interviewed me was very friendly and asked me several questions regarding the job. He made sure I was comfortable by smiling and looking me directly in my eyes to show that he was paying attention.

Interview Questions

• How did you help someone in making a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and was sent an email to schedule an interview. I got there, along with somebody whose interview got postponed so I guess they decided to do a group interview with the two of us. They asked standard questions and it seemed to go well, and after we were told to call back the following day to schedule another interview. However, after calling the number and extension given three times and leaving a voice mail, I never heard back from them either way.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you achieved a goal using teamwork.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Naperville, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview via telephone; it took less than 30 minutes and the man giving the interview was very nice. We went straight into questions and at the end he let me know I got the job. I filled out additional info for the background check and afterward, I can sign up for training!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Flushing, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the next day to schedule an interview. I went to my interview a week later and was told the interviewer for the department was not available for my time even though it allowed me to schedule for that time. I was interviewed by two other managers of a different department with a very easy going, laid back atmosphere. They told me I did well and would hire me if they had space in their department but they didn't, but I could come back the next day to interview with the other manager again. I came back the next day ten minutes early and was seated there for an extra 40 minutes because they again could not find the manager to the point where someone had to search the whole store looking for her. Finally she was found and we spoke for a few minute about the job. She told me I'd specifically get a call or email by 6 pm the same day, and I did not receive anything. This was very unorganized, and although the staff was nice, I will never apply here again.