Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,458 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,458 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Filled out a long test and then got an email back within a week. Was taken into a room with one of the managers and asked me a couple of questions. Got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation.   Answer Question
  • What do you know about the advancement in Macy's technology?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and straight forward question, mostly related to the job advertisement.How can I solve any problem whether I have to do multitasking at a time.The manager was very well behaved. and she helped me to ease the environment for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I wore black, the color of their uniforms there for the most part, and I made it stylish. A sales manager asked me a series of questions that related to Macy's, selling, and customer service. Then they offered me a job right after and assigned me to an area. What I did find interesting was not being asked what areas I'd be interested in working because there are many clothing sections in the store. I was only asked about cosmetics, but nothing about clothes; however, that may not be common practice. Also, the person who was interviewing me was a manager from another section than the one I was assigned to, but I am glad I got that department in the long run and was happy that's the spot I was chosen for.

Interview Questions

• How would a customer get extra discounts and know about future sales?   1 Answer
    • If a conflict arose with a coworker, how would you approach it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview they asked any regular questions that a retail store would ask. Just go in professionally dressed and bring your resume with you just incase they haven't printed out your resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you had prior experience?
      What hours are you available?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super easy. Just be confident and they'll like it. Speak capitalism to them, all about how you can make more money for them, how you're happy to work for them. Be honest, but away it to their favor.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone stealing, what would you do. They asked for customer and co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in National City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (National City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email the next day to schedule an interview.
    15-20 mins interview, basic questions like tell me about urself, why Macys, and behavioral/scenario questions.
    The manager told me thay they will contact me after 1-2weeks but its been 5 weeks now and I havent heard from them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by the men's department manager. I was asked about customer service and about selling the perfect product to clients. The job was offered right there, and training was scheduled the following week. Interview was short but a long wait for it to happen. Managers were always busy.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers at once?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Quiet, easy interview asking you normal retail questions. Took a day or two to get interviewed. Week for hiring. Commission job so didn't accept. One on one interview took about 30min-1hr

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

Interview was very quick and easy, I was literally in there for 5 minutes before getting hired. Management saw me asked about my previous experience and just really liked me from there.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous retail experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied for the sales Associate position on the women's floor. I came in An had an interview with a sales manager for the women's department. I was told to hold tight for a second in which I did for about 30 minutes before being interviewed again by a second manager, this time for the men's floor. I was offered the job on the spot and had to fill out some paperwork right then and there.

Interview Questions

• If I was a customer and wanted to buy the coat that you are wearing, how would you pitch it as a sale to me.   Answer Question