Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,473 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,473 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

after applying online i got an email to schedule an interview time on a website, i selected and was at the interview 15 min before. i walked in when i was called, the interviewer asked me a list of questions leading into sales scenarios. after all was done she checked in with the office.

Interview Questions

• If a customer walked into your department, how did you connect with the customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in April 2017.

Interview

I walked to HR 15mins early and was told to have a seat and to please wait. About 10 mins after I was brought back to the room with a supervisor and another lady. I want to say she was a manager/lead for a department..we went over the typical questions. The whole process was about 10 mins long and I was NERVOUS..but they excused themselves then came back and extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Our customers are our number one priority, how do you make guests welcomed?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview with a Sales Manager. We went over some basic/easy interview questions and she took notes. Most of the interview was conversational and seemed to test how you could create conversation from those questions rather than the questions themselves.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Filled out a long test and then got an email back within a week. Was taken into a room with one of the managers and asked me a couple of questions. Got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the advancement in Macy's technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and straight forward question, mostly related to the job advertisement.How can I solve any problem whether I have to do multitasking at a time.The manager was very well behaved. and she helped me to ease the environment for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply online it took 4 days , they write back to me to schedule an interview . The question were so simple and straight forward not hard as I was expecting at all.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you see a employee or a customer stealing from the store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I wore black, the color of their uniforms there for the most part, and I made it stylish. A sales manager asked me a series of questions that related to Macy's, selling, and customer service. Then they offered me a job right after and assigned me to an area. What I did find interesting was not being asked what areas I'd be interested in working because there are many clothing sections in the store. I was only asked about cosmetics, but nothing about clothes; however, that may not be common practice. Also, the person who was interviewing me was a manager from another section than the one I was assigned to, but I am glad I got that department in the long run and was happy that's the spot I was chosen for.

Interview Questions

• How would a customer get extra discounts and know about future sales?   1 Answer
    • If a conflict arose with a coworker, how would you approach it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview they asked any regular questions that a retail store would ask. Just go in professionally dressed and bring your resume with you just incase they haven't printed out your resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you had prior experience?
      What hours are you available?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super easy. Just be confident and they'll like it. Speak capitalism to them, all about how you can make more money for them, how you're happy to work for them. Be honest, but away it to their favor.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone stealing, what would you do. They asked for customer and co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in National City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (National City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email the next day to schedule an interview.
    15-20 mins interview, basic questions like tell me about urself, why Macys, and behavioral/scenario questions.
    The manager told me thay they will contact me after 1-2weeks but its been 5 weeks now and I havent heard from them.