Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,578 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,578 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Fast interview process. Easy process. Questions were easy . Two people interviewed me on the same day. But it was simple. Just be true and be yourself

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. It was just with one person from management, she was warm and welcoming. She asked me about whether or not I had customer service experience and after the rest of the questions immediately told me I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you had to deal with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was quick. They asked basic interview questions. I have heard many people have had unpleasant experiences with their interviewer. Mine happened to be a good one, so I got lucky. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me your purse?   1 Answer
    • How would you make me open a star rewards account?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The process is Super easy. They want to make sure you are customer oriented and also can make a fashion choice. They also go over the history and ask you what department you would like to be in ie. fragrance, mens, womens, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is more important? Customer service or sales?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Scheduled interview on a hiring day. Asked about 7 questions related to my past experiences and the current position I was applying for. Great experience! The interviewer was nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation I was in a high stress situation? How did I impact the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

easy and quick. didnt have many questions and it was probably one of the easiest job interviews i have ever done. Got the job in around a week and the training process

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

applied online and interviewed next day. hiring manager was very nice and he went through a list of questions in his packet and then asked me when i am available

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Great interview, short and to the point. But slow start process.
    The company did a two day paid training. I have been waiting to hear from them in preparing my schedule. I didnt know it would take this long to getting hired. Will I ever get a schedule?

Interview Questions

• What can you say about your work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Orange, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I walked into the hr department met the woman who was going to be interviewing me. I followed her to her office and she asked me about a half dozen pretty standard interview questions, and she took notes on my answers. After she asked the last question she got the onboarding paperwork and welcomed me to the team.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to sell something to a stranger? How did it go?   Answer Question
    • Integrity is important to Macy's. Describe a time that a friend or coworker did something that you thought was wrong. What did you do and how did it turn out?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply to Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to solve a problem   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2017.

Interview

Applied in the morning, received an email for interview for the following day. Originally applied for "At your service center" Associate, department wasn't up and running yet, manager asked basic interview questions, a bit repetitive, but basic. Lasted about 15 mins, offered the job on the spot for Sales Associate. Training started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and what did you do to fix the issue....and blah blah blah   Answer Question