Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Macy's

1,692 Interview Reviews

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

easy, no stressful, just set up an appointment, interview with general Q , get hired, fill in paper work, training on computer for a day, and can start to work the next day

Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Apply online, all communication is through email. Emailed me the invite to interview. In-person interview with a manager. They use a structured interview. All-black dress code. They pay weekly, so that's pretty cool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw someone do something wrong. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I had to complete an application online and was called for an interview the next day. The interview was no more than 30 minutes and there were several behavioral based questions. The interview was a fair game and all the questions are geared toward whether you are a good fit for this job. You will be asked about your flexibility. I was hired on spot.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied in store. The process took me 15 minutes to complete. Got an email after 3 days for interviewing. I had to go through 2 interviews to get the job. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got an email to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by 2 department managers separately and then together. They were very friendly and the interview questions were pretty ok, mostly about customer services. I was a little disappointed because I applied for cosmetics but they hired me for clothing department since I said I'm willing to work in other departments. But I got offer right then and there.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out the online application. They got back to me within maybe 3 or 4 days and I scheduled an interview with the given times they offered. I arrived 30 minutes early. Remember to keep a smile on your face, they will love that!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macys?
      Explain any experience in retail (I had none)
      What would you do if someone was stealing?
      How would you handle an irritated customer?
      How would you convince someone to get a macys card?
      How would you sell a pair of Jeans?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (North Brunswick, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

i was interviewed by a lady from HR who was friendly.Her questions were from a questionnaire which she checked off after i gave my answer.First ,i briefly introduced myself and talked about my working experience.She asked if i was familiar with computer programs and company specific software.She asked about my availabiltity and what department i would like to work in.The other questions were quite basic e.g citizenship status,residence etc. After the personal questions,she told me about the starting hourly pay which was $8/hr at the time.I passed the interview.
    The second stage was meeting with another HR person who set me up on a schedule

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were about my customer service,sales and marketing experience.I was also asked about my familiarity with using computer programs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

they will have you apply online. then you have to sign in and have your resume with you. have to wait until am called and than start the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Palm Desert, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple. I was surprised to be hired over the phone. The interviewer asked generic interview questions. Though I stuttered over my words a little bit she was patient with me

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about customer appreciation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (North Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Worked within Macy's at BCBG, roommate referred me to supervisor. Landed the job, off one interview. Interview was very easy.

Interview Questions

• the job, offer changed once hired on.   1 Answer