Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,592 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,592 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

HR services were very organized. My interviewer’s name was Margaret. She was very sweet. She was asking me what department I’d like to work in, and she told me that she felt I would fit in best with the jewelry department. I got a offer after the interview. Until this day I’m glad Margaret interviewed me because I don’t think I would have enjoyed working in any other department as I did working in the jewelry department.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Versailles, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Versailles, KY).

Interview

I Interviewed online which includes a behavior part and then got an email to go to an interview which followed by interview with immediate offer. Questions were fairly easy mainly to try to get you to answer on how you would handle certain customer issues etc

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to interact with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

One interview, it takes about 30 mns. I was in a room with floor manager. He was very nice and make the process very easy. The interview went like a regular conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The white elderly interviewer was too cynical. She realized I was going through hard times in my life, yet though so many stories have been told where people going through very tough times showed up for the interview and were even told we will give you a second interview, she did not give me that chance at prestigious Macy's that I have always looked up to, me a fashion fanatic.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I applied online and about a week after I got an email inviting to interview. It was very easy interview. The person who interviewed me just read the question script. She asked me if I want to accept this position right away.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Got email the following day that am not offer the job and that was it . I applied for another position but was never call for an interview . I still don’t know why I was not offered the job

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Communication was rather minimal and unclear as of expectations for employees. The hiring manager seemed very agitated and distraught during the interview flipping through pages and then kind of just dismissed me.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Fast interview process. Easy process. Questions were easy . Two people interviewed me on the same day. But it was simple. Just be true and be yourself

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. It was just with one person from management, she was warm and welcoming. She asked me about whether or not I had customer service experience and after the rest of the questions immediately told me I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you had to deal with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was quick. They asked basic interview questions. I have heard many people have had unpleasant experiences with their interviewer. Mine happened to be a good one, so I got lucky. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me your purse?   1 Answer
    • How would you make me open a star rewards account?   1 Answer