Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,446 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,446 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I wore black, the color of their uniforms there for the most part, and I made it stylish. A sales manager asked me a series of questions that related to Macy's, selling, and customer service. Then they offered me a job right after and assigned me to an area. What I did find interesting was not being asked what areas I'd be interested in working because there are many clothing sections in the store. I was only asked about cosmetics, but nothing about clothes; however, that may not be common practice. Also, the person who was interviewing me was a manager from another section than the one I was assigned to, but I am glad I got that department in the long run and was happy that's the spot I was chosen for.

Interview Questions

• How would a customer get extra discounts and know about future sales?   1 Answer
  • If a conflict arose with a coworker, how would you approach it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview they asked any regular questions that a retail store would ask. Just go in professionally dressed and bring your resume with you just incase they haven't printed out your resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you had prior experience?
      What hours are you available?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super easy. Just be confident and they'll like it. Speak capitalism to them, all about how you can make more money for them, how you're happy to work for them. Be honest, but away it to their favor.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone stealing, what would you do. They asked for customer and co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by the men's department manager. I was asked about customer service and about selling the perfect product to clients. The job was offered right there, and training was scheduled the following week. Interview was short but a long wait for it to happen. Managers were always busy.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers at once?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Quiet, easy interview asking you normal retail questions. Took a day or two to get interviewed. Week for hiring. Commission job so didn't accept. One on one interview took about 30min-1hr

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

Interview was very quick and easy, I was literally in there for 5 minutes before getting hired. Management saw me asked about my previous experience and just really liked me from there.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous retail experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied for the sales Associate position on the women's floor. I came in An had an interview with a sales manager for the women's department. I was told to hold tight for a second in which I did for about 30 minutes before being interviewed again by a second manager, this time for the men's floor. I was offered the job on the spot and had to fill out some paperwork right then and there.

Interview Questions

• If I was a customer and wanted to buy the coat that you are wearing, how would you pitch it as a sale to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Degrading. The completely automated and very time consuming process culminating in an automated request for an interview was like a slap in the face.
    They didn't even have the decency to make a phone call to schedule an interview - instead the automated process wanted YOU to be available as a computerized time slot was sent.
    To make it more degrading, YOU had to check back through the computer system numerous times for the slot.
    This explains why the sales help at Macy's is the worst posssible and they are closing stores left and right.
    The "face of Macy's" that works directly with customers is lazy and generally illiterate - that is if you can find a salesperson.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

Had one interview said they have others to interview, if they wish to pursue me for employment any further there would be a second interview. Overall was a good experience but just wonder if any places are really hiring or it's a prank like Ashton Kushner! I don't know at this point but need a reason to even want to get out of bed. Rather be timeless than homeless.

Interview Questions

• How am I with the daily changes of work or something like that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

was typical of most interviews. was asked questions like previous job experience and how it pertained to the job applied for. interview was laid back and not difficult.got the job