Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,516 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,516 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied to the same Macy's twice.

The first time I applied, I applied online. The very next day I got an email asking me to schedule an interview date and time. Fast forward to the day, I had to wait an extra 30 minutes because the interviewer was interviewing someone else when I got there.
Finally it was my turn. The lady asked me questions off of a piece of paper and wrote down my responses. She asked about 5-6 basic interview questions. After that she took me on a tour around Macy's. After we were done I asked her what to expect after the interview, and she said within 2 days they would email. After 2 days I got an email rejecting me because my hours didn't work.

I applied a second time about a week later. Got another email to schedule an interview. I went to the HR room and explained to a different manager that I've already interviewed before, but I just applied again. I didn't know if it would be the same lady that was gonna interview me or not. The same lady came out and she was gonna interview me, but decided to have the manager that I talked to first interview me. He read basically the same script as first time. I changed the hours that I could and was willing to work. He said I had to be able to work weekends, but I couldn't. He then said he would talk to HR about it and that they would email or call me. A week later, I got nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?   1 Answer
  • How would you get a customer to open up a Macy's credit card?   1 Answer
  • Name a time when you had to work together as a team with someone and what was the result?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable with using technology?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you saw someone steal or bend the rules, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied and received interview notification the next morning. Scheduled interview for 2 days later. Lasted about 30minutes and got hired right after the interview. Interviewed with the store manager, but typically you would be interviewed by department manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you handled a difficult situation, How would you sell a Macy's card?, How do you work with people? Why Macy's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA).

Interview

When I applied they responded back really quick. However I waited almost an hour to be interviewed. During the interview their question were all situation based (what would you do this, what would you do if, etc.). Their hours were bad, working only Tuesday's and Thursday's.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to take control over a situation and how did that help you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The man who interviewed me was very friendly and asked me several questions regarding the job. He made sure I was comfortable by smiling and looking me directly in my eyes to show that he was paying attention.

Interview Questions

• How did you help someone in making a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online and was sent an email to schedule an interview. I got there, along with somebody whose interview got postponed so I guess they decided to do a group interview with the two of us. They asked standard questions and it seemed to go well, and after we were told to call back the following day to schedule another interview. However, after calling the number and extension given three times and leaving a voice mail, I never heard back from them either way.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you achieved a goal using teamwork.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Naperville, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview via telephone; it took less than 30 minutes and the man giving the interview was very nice. We went straight into questions and at the end he let me know I got the job. I filled out additional info for the background check and afterward, I can sign up for training!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Commack, NY).

Interview

I was happy to say it was not that nerve racking, they will ask you typical questions. They will sadly only hire college students that aren't moving away in August. Even though I applied for a temp job.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

It was simple enough. The manager was chill and casual. overall enjoyable. wasn't nervous at all. Dressed casual/dressy. she asked me what position I wanted right after. Just a lot of personal questions like 'what would you do if you saw someone steal' and 'why do you wannt this job'.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked retail before?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online, the next day got an email to schedule an interview.
    Scheduled an interview at the same week and got the job!
    Was an easy interview, the standard interview questions.
    The training is easy, it took 12 hours of training then started working.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a sales job on Saturday, and got an email on Monday asking to schedule an interview. I chose Wednesday, and showed up on that day. I arrived 15 minutes early, and only had to wait 10 minutes before I was interviewed. They asked a variety of situational questions based on prior experience in retail (which is easy if you have at least some experience). If you do some research on other interviews people have gone through like I did before you get called in, and answer them truthfully by being your best self, you're in good shape. Don't be afraid to keep the conversation going with your interviewer, the more honest you are and the more information you provide, the better. All in all, as long as you have some experience in retail and are comfortable and familiar with its responsibilities, as well as good social skills, the interview should be very easy. Got hired on the spot for a position I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you observed something wrong being done either by a coworker, a customer, or someone else? And if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question