Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,446 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,446 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Job fair at a college. The whole process was painless. I arrived early and waited in line. Showed proof of U.S.Citizen. Then waited to speak with a manager for the interview. They asked about 5 questions. Then was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give a bad customer experience, and how did how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

1) Apply online.Macy's 2) HR invites you to schedule an appointment online. 3) Show up to an appointment dress professionally, bring resume, and a your smile is key (don't worry if your teeth are crooked just smile). Don't be shy and show interest in what the interviewee is saying. The interview lasted less time then the waiting period because they were so busy. I was hired on the spot in 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate the salary as it was seasonal, but my application online indicated what I would accept only above the minimum wage set and commission.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

Good interview, very quick, they were mostly focused on previous experience and asked a few words about my opinion on the best way to retain and improve customer satisfaction and merchandising.

Interview Questions

• Good interview, very quick, they were mostly focused on previous experience and asked a few words about customer satisfaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

During the interview they will ask you to speak about yourself, want to know your availability, if you're good with conputers and experience. I was myself and made her laugh so I say do that lol. Make sure that you dress very well, they are looking appearance !!!!!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Easy questions, associated with your work history and how you would handle situations. When I was interviewed it was very fast pace because the store wasn't open yet, so they interviewed people in the same room but individually.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Although it was a pretty long wait, the staff was very friendly and the interview itself didn't take a long time. When I first came in the office, I had to sign in and they told me to sit. Then you are interviewed and at the end they tell you that they are going to review your application. The questions were mostly about scenarios so make sure you think a little bit before you speak.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview process was easy. They sit you down in an interview room, gave a few scenario questions. They asked your typical interview questions, preference in work department, and looked at your resume. Then they asked if you have any questions. After all that, they tell you immediately if they will hire you then explain the training process.

Interview Questions

• Sell a pair of pants to a customer, how would you go about it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Spokane, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

didn't have to wait too long, lady was pretty laid-back and had a good vibe about her; however, i totally BOMBED the interview when I froze up and repeated myself and jumbled nonsensically lol. WARNING: These questions on this site are not the only questions asked. so be prepared to answer quick and on the spot.(common sense) I over-prepared for the questions I saw on this site and what I was told would be asked, and was just totally thrown off by spontaneous on the spot questions.(Yeah, I suck) lol Also, aapparently a ton of people had applied for the holidays and she basically informed me in the middle of the interview that I likely wouldn't be among the varied pool of hirees. (She also made it a point to tell me that was something she didn't usually say) OUCH lol

Interview Questions

• How would you sell any kind of item?   1 Answer
    • name a situation involving personal integrity   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Daly City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. Typical interview questions. The woman who interviewed me was very unprofessional and was on her phone texting someone the whole time. I didn't feel like it was the place for me to work. It just felt like another body in their store.

Interview Questions

Did not feel like the job was for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted in over looking application, A brief discussion of work experiences and questions involving situations with clients. Days and hours you wish to work.Was asked the question of what makes me a excellent sales associate.

Interview Questions

• W2hich stores I formally worked in and what position I held   Answer Question