Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,539 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,539 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was really easy. Straight forward questions. Relaxed and laid back. They basically want to get to know you as a person. The interviewer is usually a sales or general manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Apply online. There was a long, drawn out questionare that had to be completed... after that, a submitted resume and filled out application. Once it's reviewed, you have a face to face interview

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in April 2017.

Interview

I walked to HR 15mins early and was told to have a seat and to please wait. About 10 mins after I was brought back to the room with a supervisor and another lady. I want to say she was a manager/lead for a department..we went over the typical questions. The whole process was about 10 mins long and I was NERVOUS..but they excused themselves then came back and extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Our customers are our number one priority, how do you make guests welcomed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (College Station, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in mid-April got an invitation for an interview a few days later. I accept and interviewed about half a week later on a Monday. Interview went okay. Pretty basic questions, got a little tour around the home and men's departments. Told I would be recommended for commissioned sales in jewelry (not what I was expecting) and told I would hear back in about a week. Never was contacted again and when I checked what jobs were open for application, the part time sales job was taken.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Looking for a salesperson but the interview process was quite lengthy for the type of position I was applying for. They wanted me to complete several interviews and since Im not in the area the phone interviews were difficult due to wifi issues.

Interview Questions

• How would I achieve my sales goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Redondo Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick survey about people skills and ability to sell. I also got asked why I was choosing to work in retail. If I had any sales experience. What my availability is. What I hope to gain from working at Macys.

Interview Questions

• How would you greet a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview with a Sales Manager. We went over some basic/easy interview questions and she took notes. Most of the interview was conversational and seemed to test how you could create conversation from those questions rather than the questions themselves.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Filled out a long test and then got an email back within a week. Was taken into a room with one of the managers and asked me a couple of questions. Got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the advancement in Macy's technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and straight forward question, mostly related to the job advertisement.How can I solve any problem whether I have to do multitasking at a time.The manager was very well behaved. and she helped me to ease the environment for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply online it took 4 days , they write back to me to schedule an interview . The question were so simple and straight forward not hard as I was expecting at all.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you see a employee or a customer stealing from the store   Answer Question