Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,500 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,500 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by the men's department manager. I was asked about customer service and about selling the perfect product to clients. The job was offered right there, and training was scheduled the following week. Interview was short but a long wait for it to happen. Managers were always busy.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple customers at once?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Quiet, easy interview asking you normal retail questions. Took a day or two to get interviewed. Week for hiring. Commission job so didn't accept. One on one interview took about 30min-1hr

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Hartford, CT).

Interview

Interview was very quick and easy, I was literally in there for 5 minutes before getting hired. Management saw me asked about my previous experience and just really liked me from there.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous retail experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied for the sales Associate position on the women's floor. I came in An had an interview with a sales manager for the women's department. I was told to hold tight for a second in which I did for about 30 minutes before being interviewed again by a second manager, this time for the men's floor. I was offered the job on the spot and had to fill out some paperwork right then and there.

Interview Questions

• If I was a customer and wanted to buy the coat that you are wearing, how would you pitch it as a sale to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

If it's season they usually call automatically but if its not during season don't get offended they usually don't really call people. After answering the interview question I tried my best to kind of keep the conversation going for at least 30 more mins. After i did that I got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were literally basic questions. Just try your best to answer it straight forward with confidence.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Degrading. The completely automated and very time consuming process culminating in an automated request for an interview was like a slap in the face.
    They didn't even have the decency to make a phone call to schedule an interview - instead the automated process wanted YOU to be available as a computerized time slot was sent.
    To make it more degrading, YOU had to check back through the computer system numerous times for the slot.
    This explains why the sales help at Macy's is the worst posssible and they are closing stores left and right.
    The "face of Macy's" that works directly with customers is lazy and generally illiterate - that is if you can find a salesperson.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's in January 2017.

Interview

Had one interview said they have others to interview, if they wish to pursue me for employment any further there would be a second interview. Overall was a good experience but just wonder if any places are really hiring or it's a prank like Ashton Kushner! I don't know at this point but need a reason to even want to get out of bed. Rather be timeless than homeless.

Interview Questions

• How am I with the daily changes of work or something like that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Honolulu, HI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was semi professional. I waited in the Human Resources department for around five minutes before one of their managers took me to the third level into their private offices and that's where the interview took place. The questions were very simple and tolerable and the woman interviewing me was very nice. After the interview she complimented me questions and said she was VERY interested in me working for their company and even went as far as to say that even if the position I was applying for didn't go through she'd make sure I'd get a position somewhere else in the store. She said she'd call me the next day, she didn't and they never got back to me. Mind you this was the SECOND time they did this to me. Unprofessional. Never applying again.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

was typical of most interviews. was asked questions like previous job experience and how it pertained to the job applied for. interview was laid back and not difficult.got the job

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Phila, PA).

fun
    just be yourself
    the managers are ver outgoing and easy to talk to the also help ou learn magic selling
    because the sales floor is the bst experince they will walk with ou aftre hired to help you know our job duties