Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.0

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super easy. Just be confident and they'll like it. Speak capitalism to them, all about how you can make more money for them, how you're happy to work for them. Be honest, but away it to their favor.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone stealing, what would you do. They asked for customer and co-worker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Daly City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. Typical interview questions. The woman who interviewed me was very unprofessional and was on her phone texting someone the whole time. I didn't feel like it was the place for me to work. It just felt like another body in their store.

Interview Questions

Did not feel like the job was for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Hayward, CA).

Interview

horrible done by an ignorant who wants to enslave you for sub par wages- it is all about hiring people who will accept their low pay. plus they never tell the reason why they did not pick you , it is subjective like school applications

Interview Questions

• what would you like your hourly pay to be? i said 13-15 and never got a response   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online as a seasonal associate first and the the interview process was easy. They asked general situational interview questions. The training process was very informational and you always get paid for being there. After my seasonal position, I got called in for a on-call sales associate which was almost the same as the first interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

easy straight forward. The interviewer was very nice, not much preparation was needed. Just be yourself and you should pass it. Not hard at all, anybody could pass the interview to be honest.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Usually I was called back in a couple of days no later than a week. I applied online and i received an email tellign to choose date and time for interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Hayward, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very basic and easy. You just have to show your communication and other skills required for the job. It depends upon the person taking that interview because it is mostly in person. and, other thing is that because the job is an entry level,they would only observe your behavioral patterns. They will make you feel easy .

Interview Questions

• When have you played a leadership role?

when did you work as a member of a team? what role did you play? what were the results of your team work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a very relaxed process after you've been invited to interview. The questions are pretty normal, asking why you want to do the job and what your plans are with the position and future. There seems to be a lot of turnover for these positions so places in new departments are constantly opening. As long as you display that you're personable, engaging, and interesting, Macy's will like you.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to join Macy's as a sales associate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was a transfer so interview was one on one with the department manager. discussed working at macys why transfer and walked through the department. Reviewed proper dress code/shoes at macys.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind doing a lot of recovery. This store has a "special" clientele. Any problems with selling the reward benefits from store card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Hayward, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an offer for an interview the next day over email.

I came about 10 minutes early to the HR Office and had to wait another 10 more minutes until someone came to interview. It was a one-on-one interview. Right off the bat, I was asked why I should be hired over the others that she'd be interviewing today. I focused on my experience and what I had learned from each job. Then, she asked me to describe myself. After that, she went into detail about my past jobs/why I left. This was the tough part, because I had actually been fired from one of my jobs for some social media reason. I was completely honest with my interviewer (which is now my manager) and she appreciated it. LET YOUR BUBBLY PERSONALITY SHOW! I was hired on the spot. Pay is kind of low ($9/hr) but it's only for the summer for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation.