Macy's Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Very basic interview, with simple questions. The manager explained the role to me and allow me to meet my new co-workers in the store. Watched a video about the history of Macy's. Meet with one manager and was given an offer on spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Typical interview, short sweet and to the point was offered the job right on the spot. The questions that were asked during the interview were simple and the process was fast.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First,meet the HR manager.After that,I was invited to meet the dept manager.The dept manager called me for a shot talking,then met me for 30 mins.They are very nice!!Let me feel very comfortable to talk with them.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online for receiving position and received an online confirmation. I showed up for interview posted and was told that was a mistake and that position wasn't available but that a sales position was. I accepted the sales associate interview and was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Sales Interview

Interview

I had two interviews. After I applied they set up a call. Then after the call they asked if I could come in. I have had a lot of sales experience so they just asked basic sales questions. After that interview they called me and offered me the job. It was pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I applied online. They contacted me by email and set up a phone screen. They called me back for an in person interview. I was offered the job shortly afterward. I declined as I was offered another job at the same time that had better benefits and hours.

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Aventura, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

very good. The Hr lady was great saw a raw talent in me and asked all the right questions and but me in a department that I did very well in. The interview went well and she explained the company toi me a a very professional way.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was quick and to the point. It was very easy and conversational. The interviewers were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company and benefits. It was also informative and fun.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my years of experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Short and easy. The online application was easy to fill out. I received an email to schedule my one on one interview. Got a call the next offering me a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

Received the invite to interview after completing online application. Interview with store manager. Interview was approximately an hour or less. Experience was pleasant. Asked standard leadership based questions. Very personable.