Macy's Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Apply online for the position, heard back and scheduled a face to face interview. Sit down one on one with the store manager. There is a scripted interview they have to read from.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time you had to partner with someone to achieve a result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, two parts with separate interviewers. One was a recruiter, the other was an HR manager. Each interview lasted 15-20 minutes and I went immediately from one to the next.

Interview Questions

• If employee X isn't meeting sales/performance standards, how would you lead and coach them to improve? (We then simulated the conversation)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to lead a team, what went well, and what was an opportunity?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in a career at Macy's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Lewiston, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

Very predictable questions. Your strengths and weaknesses. Tell me about a time....type of questions. How did you handle a difficult situation, how do you handle an unprofessional co-worker, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you succeeded   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (Miami, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

One of the greater inreviews I've ever experienced. Very personable and friendly employees. Executive leadership were extremely relatable and demonstrated a positive presence amongst their store team. First impressions are very important as I was greeted with a smile and compliment. It made the interview more relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to he collaborative?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Charlotte, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for interview within a week. Went in to the store for interview, it lasted for maybe an hour and 20 mins. The questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Should’ve negotiated, I was offered more than I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Huntington, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and to the point. Focus of the interview was based on your past experiences and your track record with building a sales team. Questions asked dealt with examples of pros and cons of a given situation and how you were able to overcome any obstacles and build successes.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how resolved an issue dealing an associates bad behavior on the selling floor?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Friendly. Had two interviews in one day but Interviewers were running behind. Read mainly from a generated interview questionnaire based on application and seemed robotic. Both were friendly and to the point. There was a moment with the second interview where it became more personal talking about our children and hobbies etc.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you had to handle a tough situation and how did you handle it?
      What do you currently do to improve sales and any results relating to that improvement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Wait to be called. Speak to ASM. If passed then to Store Manager. If passed. HR, will send email. Then speak to District HR for onboarding. After that, speak with ASM for training.

Anonymous Employee in Von Ormy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Von Ormy, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Had an interview over the phone first, then was invited to have the second one at the office with a department manager. She was briefly asking me questions about the job i submitted.

Interview Questions

• Why did I decide to apply for that position?   1 Answer
    • If i was going to keep that job for a long time   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview is asking questions and them writing your answers done. Brief training, because most of the training is done on the floor if you have time. Other than that, you do online training or learn from your peers