Macy's Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.8

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I am an extremely enthusiastic person. I went on the interview and it was a room with 3-4 HR reps and you were supposed to spend 1/2 hour with 2 of the HR reps. The first person i spoke with was engaged in my interview. We spoke about multiple things both job and non-job related. The second person was looking at her phone the whole time, and looking away. Zero eye contact. She would ask me a question and then check her text messages (absolutely Rude) To top it off i was scheduled for my interview and arrived more than on time and when i walked into the room for my interview the HR Reps had a load of resumes on the table but my resume wasnt there. They were totally unprepared. Then ta few days later they had the nerve to tell me i wasnt offered the job, but in all actuality i was never fully interviewed. Macy's needs to get a grip on their HR Reps Interviewing team. Looking for work is a stressful enough process there is no need for your interviewer to be texting while interviewing you. She also had the nerve to ask me "Oh, the other guys asked you all the other questions right?" (like how am I supposed to know what the questions are , am I interviewing myself) give me a break! If this is a representation of your company. I will take my experience and most of all RESPECT some place else. I walked out from that room feeling completely agitated and wanting to chop my macy's card in two.

Interview Questions

• The other interviewer ask you all of the questions right? (What questions lady!!, how will I know what questions are on your sheet to ask me?)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Director of Human Resource. After the interview, she set me up to talk to Assistant store manager for the second interview. I got hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• sometimes they need to reach out to additional resources, who did you work it and what was the over outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview is asking questions and them writing your answers done. Brief training, because most of the training is done on the floor if you have time. Other than that, you do online training or learn from your peers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

Depending on the position, multiple interviews. Questions were talking about dealing with change, embracing technology, and making customer service your number one priority. The company as a whole values the customer experience and wants its employees to be on the same page.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Lots of hoops to jump through, but worth it to get the position i was looking for. Setting up interview time was painless and quick. Interviewer took time with me to really get to know me and my personality to see how I would fit with the current staff.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenging area of performance and how do I plan on overcoming it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Schedule your interview via an email link. Had two face to face interviews with two different Sr. Exec. Did not ask the typical interview questions. It felt very intense. A lot of company jargon used in the interview. Thought they were interviewing me for the NASA space program. Interviewers made no notes so not sure what or how they were rating my responses. It was about 24 interview questions altogether with side questions for clarification. Even though I prepped for the interview it felt like I was completely unprepared. It lasted about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence or inspire others? How do you handle an employee you like but does not perform well? How do you let stakeholders know that you have the company's best interest in mind?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was recruited by Macy's so my interview experience was more like I was interviewing them as to why I should leave the company I was with at the time. It was refreshing to have a company want to explain to me why they thought they were a good fit for me versus the other way around. The discussions focused around what was important for me to have in a career and how they could be those things for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with others to accomplish a goal? How did you go about this? What was the goal? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and well organized. There was a case study that we had to present to the recruiter as well as a Q and A. I was interviewed by two different individuals, which I think was an affective technique. Everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted approximately an hour. I heard back from them in a month, and accepted the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

My interview process was different from most. I initially started off as an intern so i went through multiple phone interviews with recruiters. After about a month or so into my internship I was offered a position as a sales manager.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Went by quickly with very general questions. Everyone was super nice and helpful. I felt like they were looking for a replacement and moved on it pretty quickly. Took a few weeks as expected