Macy's Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Director of Human Resource. After the interview, she set me up to talk to Assistant store manager for the second interview. I got hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• sometimes they need to reach out to additional resources, who did you work it and what was the over outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY).

Interview

Depending on the position, multiple interviews. Questions were talking about dealing with change, embracing technology, and making customer service your number one priority. The company as a whole values the customer experience and wants its employees to be on the same page.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Lots of hoops to jump through, but worth it to get the position i was looking for. Setting up interview time was painless and quick. Interviewer took time with me to really get to know me and my personality to see how I would fit with the current staff.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenging area of performance and how do I plan on overcoming it.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was recruited by Macy's so my interview experience was more like I was interviewing them as to why I should leave the company I was with at the time. It was refreshing to have a company want to explain to me why they thought they were a good fit for me versus the other way around. The discussions focused around what was important for me to have in a career and how they could be those things for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with others to accomplish a goal? How did you go about this? What was the goal? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and well organized. There was a case study that we had to present to the recruiter as well as a Q and A. I was interviewed by two different individuals, which I think was an affective technique. Everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted approximately an hour. I heard back from them in a month, and accepted the position.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Went by quickly with very general questions. Everyone was super nice and helpful. I felt like they were looking for a replacement and moved on it pretty quickly. Took a few weeks as expected

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

It was ok
    It was easy
    I didn't have any problems
    The hiring manager was pleasant
    I wouldn't change anything
    It was quick
    I would recommend it to people
    My resume was looked over and skills discussed

Interview Questions

• What skills do I have to offer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

For executives- you are recruited by an HR manager specifically meant to hire managers. This person will interview you to see of you are qualified to be a manager. If you are qualified, the executive recruiter will then pass you off to any department in need of managers - REGARDLESS OF YOUR EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE. For instance, all of your work history/experience could be in cosmetics, and you may very well get passed off to a "Men's Apparel" executive for consideration. They're just looking for basic skills, not passion.

Interview Questions

• How would coach associates of potentially three different generations? (ie: your sister, your mother, and your grandmother)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by an in person review then another interview over the phone with HR. The background check took almost two weeks. Overall it was a good interview with typicaL questions. Make sure you ask them questions and to be positive you are a fit just as they think.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle conflict in the work place? With co workers, with customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Bozeman, MT) in July 2015.

Interview

Was completed online initially, then I was brought in for a formal interview, then computer based training. The training was very basic and similar to other retail sales positions I had applied for in the past. I had to watch several outdated introductory video clips and complete Flash animation movies.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in other retail locations?   1 Answer