Macy's Sales Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

1.9

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I Interviewed with my manager who I was working under, he asked questions relating to the job title, he asked me not to overthink the position or my questions and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

1-on-1 Q&A with a manager from the area they may place you in. They ask you the typical customer service questions. It's even more simple when you're there during the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to assist someone   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Hagerstown, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very professional fast,and straight to the point.The person that interviewed me was nice,kept a smile on her face,and all the information she gave me about the company was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The process was to the point and simple. Go there wait for them to interview you. Once they interview you make sure you smile they love that. Than they told me right then and there that I had the job so I was ecstatic being that was my first job and all. It really opened up a lot of doors for me and that's why I will always thank Macy's for the experience

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was easy over all, was asked a couple of questions about senerio and how to handle them. Was also asked what my persona goal and plans were, and how i would be able to fit into the system

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First I applied online. Then the next day I received an email telling me to schedule a interview. So, I scheduled and the interview was 4 days later. When the interview day came I arrived 35 minutes early and they interviewed me right away. The interview went rather fast. There are seven questions they ask.The questions are simple and easy to answer. . I had a very good interview but there wasn't a position for them too offer me which was disappointing but they offered to call me if a position opens up.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Champaign, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick very interesting on how it's handle and training was simple the introduction to all employees was nice the show of produce from you they replayed with a job offer quickly and were very friendly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did a quick tell of offer pay.and I responded with a higher rate They excepted because of my abilities

Support Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Submitted online application. Received an email that asked me to interview in person within a week. Mostly behavioral questions that dealt with handling customers. The interview wasn't exactly formal, but it was straightforward (meaning it was less conversational than perhaps people are used to). All of the questions asked were very standard. I interviewed with my direct supervisor, and she was courteous and genuinely interested in my answers. Was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales? Do you have experience handling customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Overland Park, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got an automated e-mail a month later later to set up an appointment via the appointment feature on their website. Went in a couple days later, had one interview with one of the department managers. Asked basic questions like "Tell when you had to deal with a problematic coworker", "How did you handle an upset customer", "What would you do if you saw an employee breaking the rules", etc. Real straightforward. I even fumbled with some of my answers and I was still offered a job. So just relax and be yourself.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered a dollar more than minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA).

Interview

Applied online and was notified to make an appointment for interview. The interviewer asked a few basic questions, then offered me the position. I accepted and was set asked to return in a few days to begin training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to convince someone of an idea you had   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you caught someone doing something unethical. What did you do?   Answer Question