Macy's Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.2

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinique Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was 30 minutes and it went smoothly and quickly. The manager was very nice and understanding he wrote a lot of things on the interview sheet. The questions were all basic questions you could find online.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One guy just started asking questions. He was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. He asked me lots of unnecessary questions that he obviously had to do, and some others that really came out of him.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I aplied online and within three days I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty laid back and easy going. My interview responses were given to the manager for review. The next day I got a call regarding their decision

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to appeal to a customer?   Answer Question

Seasonal Fragrance and Cosmetics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online, then I got an email requesting me some info for an interview. I went for it and the interviewer was very friendly, it took only like 15 min and all went so good.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Great and fast, talked with the regional manager and asked questions mostly about knowledge of beauty and customer service. Ask a lot about what i know about products, make-up, etc. How I get my product knowledge and stay on track to what is trending.

Interview Questions

• When a customer comes up to a counter how would you get them to buy products.........   Answer Question

Seasonal Holiday Retail Receiving, Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was pretty straightforward and I was able to schedule my own interview. I was taken to the back and one of six managers interviewed me. She read off a script and wrote down my answers.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online got an email the same day with an invitation for an interview they send u a link to pick the time and date. I had my interview this Monday. She was very nice she asked very simple question but when I told her I had a full time job she told me that all the questions she had for me. I think it is a waste a time to have someone come in if they have a full time job and can only work certain hours. I felt like they really didn't look at my application. I got an email the next day letting me know i did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you seen a coworker do something wrong.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Took me in a room asked mea list of questions very basic questions asked me how much i want to get paid and my hours and dress code spoke to me about commission and what are the benefits of working at mays.

COSMETICS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

pass first int with highering manager than second interview with dept manager then hopefully interview with a cosmetic vendor interviewed with clinique vendor the next day i found out i did not get that position so i waited for a call from another cosmetic vendor(to int) but did not hear anything after a week i called back to the actual cosmetic manager and left a message.... that was yesterday still haven't been called back.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you were part of a team what did you do what was your role how did it turn out   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Wednesday. Got an email this morning 2 days later saying they would call me for a phone interview. I decided to call them since I didn't want to miss the call, did the phone interview took 10 minutes. The lady hired me on the spot and I start tomorrow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is 10.50/hr and 9.00 for training.