Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.3

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call to schedule an appointment for face to face interview
    Fast and smooth process
    The manager who interviewed me are very nice and friendly.
    The whole process took around 2-4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable applying make up on other's   Answer Question
    • What is one thing the sales associate always ask at the end of each of the transaction?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Super easy. Just be confident and they'll like it. Speak capitalism to them, all about how you can make more money for them, how you're happy to work for them. Be honest, but away it to their favor.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone stealing, what would you do. They asked for customer and co-worker.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Antioch, CA).

Interview

The interview was very easy, as being a beauty Advisor is essentially being a cashier that has detailed product knowledge in all the beauty areas in that specific Macy's. They want to make sure you have basic sales experience or capability so that you can convince people to open a Macy's card, be able to upsale products and collect commission, and be able to

Interview Questions

• They asked about work experience, hypothetical sales situations, and if I were comfortable getting people to get credit cards (a big part of the job)   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth but comparitively long. It took around a month. It consists of an initial phone screen, app coding assignment, phone interview, on-site interview with 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Is retaining a fragment always the best choice?   1 Answer
    • Suppose you are creating a screen that shows lists and grids of images. What would you use for it? What about smooth scrolling? What about network requests?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

The interview was very cut and dry. I know retail is really knowing the products your selling and being kind and curtious to everyone. Being able to multi task is great, also able to use the cash register properly helps make the costumers experience a pleasant one. . Which is the primary goal, to have your customer have a great experience at your place of business and to keep coming back and spread the word to there family and friends.

Interview Questions

• If I knew anything about women shoes. Would I feel comfortable   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

They interviewed me five days after I applied for the job. The manager at Macy's was super nice and attentive. She asked me questions about the store and why I wanted to work there. She made me feel welcomed and she was very sweet. She talked to me about the benefits in that job and she was. Dry helpful and honest in letting me know what other positions were available if the position I applied for was given to someone else

Interview Questions

• What attracted me the most to Macy's?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Received call from phone interview. They described the job, where it was located, what was involved, and compared it to other jobs at Macys. It was reasonably thorough and useful to help job candidates know if this was the type of position for them or not. Went over requirements, hours, pay, and on call availability to fill in.

Interview Questions

• Asked for example of being a team player   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Daly City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. Typical interview questions. The woman who interviewed me was very unprofessional and was on her phone texting someone the whole time. I didn't feel like it was the place for me to work. It just felt like another body in their store.

Interview Questions

Did not feel like the job was for me

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviewers. One of them did the general behavioral questions. The other one did situational questions. Everyone was nice and friendly. I thought I did well but I guessed that I wasn't good enough. Just come in with some preparation and be you!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Why Macy?
      What do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What is your leadership?
      Situational: How would you approach the situation or coach this person? What kind of questions would you ask?
      1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

Interview

The process is fast,juse 3 days.They sent email to me to confirm the interview time.And in that day i came early and the manger make a interview for me.She asked me what time i can go to work.But they must work for overnight and work for 5AM.The manger asked two question,she just care if you can work in their time.