Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Dublin, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief and to the point. Immediately started my interview because I arrived thirty minutes early. Interviewer was friendly and not at all pressuring. Questions were straightforward and were based off situations you will have to face when working as a retail associate.

Interview Questions

• If a customer cannot find an item he/she has been looking for, what would you say?   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

simple questions! Talk about your experience and introduce myself. I showed my school work to the manager. He said I'm a great candidate, but he needs to process several days. Then, I waited for a month. I sent Email and did a phone call to the manager, but I didn't get any reply until now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience relates to the position   1 Answer

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a phone call with a recruiter who was based out of New York. Then, I had a second round interview in the SF office. At that meeting, I had three separate interviews with various staff members.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviewers. One of them did the general behavioral questions. The other one did situational questions. Everyone was nice and friendly. I thought I did well but I guessed that I wasn't good enough. Just come in with some preparation and be you!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Why Macy?
      What do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What is your leadership?
      Situational: How would you approach the situation or coach this person? What kind of questions would you ask?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process is fast,juse 3 days.They sent email to me to confirm the interview time.And in that day i came early and the manger make a interview for me.She asked me what time i can go to work.But they must work for overnight and work for 5AM.The manger asked two question,she just care if you can work in their time.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My appointment was at 10 am in the morning but the doors did not open until then or later, while I wanted to arrive early I couldn't and I had to wait about a half an hour in the HR office before the interviewer showed up. Later on I realized the position was very early in the morning, and that they needed a ling term employee. Since I was only looking to work for the summer they did not hire me.

Estée Lauder Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview process was amazing, the manager that interviewed me was super nice and laid back. I did arrive a little too early, so I was sitting there for a while, they did keep me waiting which wasn't that great. Overall, the experience was valuable, and the manager definitely calmed my nerves with his humor. Even though I didn't receive an offer due to scheduling conflicts, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about selling a Macy's Card?
      What are some of your favorite beauty brands?
      Tell me about a time when you were part of a team and had to handle a conflict, and explain how you resolved that conflict.   Answer Question

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone rounds, a design challenge, in person all day interview then another follow up phone round. The onsight was awkward and the team seemed generally unenthusiastic and unprepared without any idea of questions they wanted to ask me. In the end after not getting a response for 6 weeks I emailed the recruiter and the manger and was told I was right on the border between this position and another lower position that paid about 20k less..would I be interested in pursuing the lower position? After MONTHS of back and forth with them this was not an appropriate response. I felt like I had been baited and switched. After an experience such as this just for an interview it is just not a company I would be interested in working for.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day that I was selected for an interview. I came about 40 minutes early but the lady was very nice and let me in early. The process was simple and really quick.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Describe a time you were part of a team?
      Describe a time you sold a product to a customer?
      How would you entice your client into purchasing a macys card?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

On the Macy's website they group together full time and part time, I was looking for part time. I was interviewed by a nice woman who had to read word by word questions from a Macy's interview sheet, it was very robotic. My interviewer had to leave and check to see if any part time jobs were even available.

She gave me a job at their Finish Line boutique, later calling me after I had left the building that since Finish Line was a separate entity from Macy's I had to go through another interview with the manager's at Finish Line.

I had a nice interview with a panel from Finish Line.

I got a call later that night that I had gotten the job. Only to be called again saying the part time position (which she had checked for earlier) wasn't in their computer data base, hence she wasn't actually able to hire me.

Nice people for the interview, although it was a large hassle and waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't get a long with a superior, how did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question