Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.3

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Richmond, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I began my interview process online. I then received an email from the hiring department and scheduled an interview online. The process took about 4 days. The interview was great. I spoke with a supervisor and she loved my personality. I answered all the normal questions. About 12 in total. And I received an offer on the spot.

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call to schedule an appointment for face to face interview
    Fast and smooth process
    The manager who interviewed me are very nice and friendly.
    The whole process took around 2-4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable applying make up on other's   Answer Question
    • What is one thing the sales associate always ask at the end of each of the transaction?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Super easy. Just be confident and they'll like it. Speak capitalism to them, all about how you can make more money for them, how you're happy to work for them. Be honest, but away it to their favor.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone stealing, what would you do. They asked for customer and co-worker.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Antioch, CA).

Interview

The interview was very easy, as being a beauty Advisor is essentially being a cashier that has detailed product knowledge in all the beauty areas in that specific Macy's. They want to make sure you have basic sales experience or capability so that you can convince people to open a Macy's card, be able to upsale products and collect commission, and be able to

Interview Questions

• They asked about work experience, hypothetical sales situations, and if I were comfortable getting people to get credit cards (a big part of the job)   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth but comparitively long. It took around a month. It consists of an initial phone screen, app coding assignment, phone interview, on-site interview with 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Is retaining a fragment always the best choice?   1 Answer
    • Suppose you are creating a screen that shows lists and grids of images. What would you use for it? What about smooth scrolling? What about network requests?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very fast process but they did not abide by his promise which is the second interview. I tried to reach out but the number was not an available number also office phone did not pick it up. In addition, I sent 3 follow up mail, it did not any response.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want work for Macy's?   1 Answer

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was asked to answer several questions related to the jobs and my working experiences . So I took my time to explain what I had done, The manager was nice and I was told about the job duties of the job and also asked for the availability.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief in store interview with application online first. Easy interview questions and nice hiring manager. Overall easy interview and was offered position on spot. Started working/training soon after hired. Whole process happened under a week and was fast, particularly for holiday season.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

The interview was very cut and dry. I know retail is really knowing the products your selling and being kind and curtious to everyone. Being able to multi task is great, also able to use the cash register properly helps make the costumers experience a pleasant one. . Which is the primary goal, to have your customer have a great experience at your place of business and to keep coming back and spread the word to there family and friends.

Interview Questions

• If I knew anything about women shoes. Would I feel comfortable   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

They interviewed me five days after I applied for the job. The manager at Macy's was super nice and attentive. She asked me questions about the store and why I wanted to work there. She made me feel welcomed and she was very sweet. She talked to me about the benefits in that job and she was. Dry helpful and honest in letting me know what other positions were available if the position I applied for was given to someone else

Interview Questions

• What attracted me the most to Macy's?   1 Answer