Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.3

174 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online lookng for a summer job and then i was asked to come in for an interview 2 weeks after applying. Interviewed at the store and offered a job on the spot. I accepted the offer and completed the paper work that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at macys?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter. Followed by phone interview by hiring manager.
    Then face to face with senior team members.
    Everyone was friendly and asked relevant questions.
    Meeting team members at various levels really helped me understand the requirement for the role

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard and easy because i started in Facilities so its kind an internal move, and i start as Junior System analyst.
    I'm already in training with It for the last 2 years while I'm in facilities department.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any background in Technical Support   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Antioch, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

applied online. The process took a week.

The interview process actually went great. I was asked basic interview questions, and the manager was very sweet throughout the whole process. I didn't get hired.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I got there fifteen minutes early dressed in all black which the interviewer said is perfect as for work as well. There were about five questions. Once those were done, the interviewer went outside. Came back, told me there's only cashier position left even though i applied for floor recovery. Really simple and quick. Must be available for weekends and holidays though, that was essential.

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you worked in a group and one of the group members was not doing their work or doing a fare amount, what did you do and how did it went.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you were given multiple tasks and how you handled or completed all the tasks without passing deadline.   Answer Question
    • What is integrity to you and tell me a situation when you had face an issue that's in conflict with your integrity.   1 Answer
    • Availability   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process included a career fair, an on-campus information session (which we were highly advised to attend if we wanted an interview), an on-campus meet & greet, an online assessment, 2 on-campus interviews, and a 2 day final on-site interview in San Francisco.

Macy's went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and appreciated throughout the entire process. The company truly cares for all its candidates and it shows. Out of the 8+ companies that I've interviewed at, Macy's is #1 when it comes to treating their candidates well. The 2 day onsite interview was a blast! The first day was spent learning about the company, meeting people, and having a fun dinner with a few employees. The second day consists of 4 interviews. The first 2 are standard one on one behavioral interviews while the last 2 are presentations/group exercises where you are evaluated on your leadership, reasoning, and public speaking skills.

Interview Questions

• A question regarding dealing with difficult people   Answer Question
    • Case question that required to you to pick a stance based off of given information and then presenting it to the group   Answer Question
    • A group exercise dealing with conflict resolution and leadership   Answer Question

Asset Protection Detective Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got an offer from the asset protection manager and within a couple of days I had my interview. I did know a couple of people that worked there at the time so that kind of helped with my reference. the manager was really great, it didn't feel like in interview; rather it felt like I was having a chat with a friend.. unfortunately he (that specific manager) doesn't work there any more.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions on why I want to be asset protection personal, if I was looking for full or part time position, how flexible is my schedule. asked about a situation or time I was in charge and got things done, a time I had an influence on somebody and resulted in them changing their opinion on the subject/ matter. other personal questions such as tell me about yourself, what are you studying, if you have experience in the feald, if so how long and what are you looking for "money wise"   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview for a job was a breeze! Had some questions to answer about my availability and my ability to work with an app and comuters..other than that, I did well and got a job offer in one day

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      Describe a case when you had to switch your tasks at your previous jobs and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

simple questions! Talk about your experience and introduce myself. I showed my school work to the manager. He said I'm a great candidate, but he needs to process several days. Then, I waited for a month. I sent Email and did a phone call to the manager, but I didn't get any reply until now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience relates to the position   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

One men's wear sales manager interviewed me and asked some questions. The manager I think is nice and approachable. But the environment of the office is not good that is a little bit messy and dark.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with the complicated question with a customer?   1 Answer