Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.3

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Richmond, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I began my interview process online. I then received an email from the hiring department and scheduled an interview online. The process took about 4 days. The interview was great. I spoke with a supervisor and she loved my personality. I answered all the normal questions. About 12 in total. And I received an offer on the spot.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was asked to answer several questions related to the jobs and my working experiences . So I took my time to explain what I had done, The manager was nice and I was told about the job duties of the job and also asked for the availability.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences?   1 Answer

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Super easy can be done on the phone or in person asks basic questions like why should we hire you, give an example of a time when you were able to manage multiple tasks at one time etc. Basic questions

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Corte Madera, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was fast and easy. Manager was easy to talk to, I felt very at ease with her. She cracked jokes so that was an ice breaker. I like the people who are working there.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had a hard time with a customer and overcame it   Answer Question

On-Call Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call to schedule an appointment for face to face interview
    Fast and smooth process
    The manager who interviewed me are very nice and friendly.
    The whole process took around 2-4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable applying make up on other's   Answer Question
    • What is one thing the sales associate always ask at the end of each of the transaction?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Super easy. Just be confident and they'll like it. Speak capitalism to them, all about how you can make more money for them, how you're happy to work for them. Be honest, but away it to their favor.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone stealing, what would you do. They asked for customer and co-worker.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth but comparitively long. It took around a month. It consists of an initial phone screen, app coding assignment, phone interview, on-site interview with 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Is retaining a fragment always the best choice?   1 Answer
    • Suppose you are creating a screen that shows lists and grids of images. What would you use for it? What about smooth scrolling? What about network requests?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Antioch, CA).

Interview

The interview was very easy, as being a beauty Advisor is essentially being a cashier that has detailed product knowledge in all the beauty areas in that specific Macy's. They want to make sure you have basic sales experience or capability so that you can convince people to open a Macy's card, be able to upsale products and collect commission, and be able to

Interview Questions

• They asked about work experience, hypothetical sales situations, and if I were comfortable getting people to get credit cards (a big part of the job)   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. Started with an onsite talent survey in which they collected information from me including background information and other things. One in person interview in which I was asked general questions about fashion, customer service, pushing of products to customers, and other retail questions such as time management and organization. I was interviewed by a department manager who was kind and professional. The overall interview was fairly straight forward and I was hired on the spot. The interviewer appeared to actually care about what I had to say instead of treating me as just another face in the crowd.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would sell more items to a customer.   1 Answer

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Antioch, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the following business day was contacted to schedule an interview. I went online to schedule the interview and picked the first available time slot. The interview process was pretty easy, it was a one on one interview. i was offered the job on d spot..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation