Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.3

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviewers. One of them did the general behavioral questions. The other one did situational questions. Everyone was nice and friendly. I thought I did well but I guessed that I wasn't good enough. Just come in with some preparation and be you!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Why Macy?
      What do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What is your leadership?
      Situational: How would you approach the situation or coach this person? What kind of questions would you ask?
      1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process is fast,juse 3 days.They sent email to me to confirm the interview time.And in that day i came early and the manger make a interview for me.She asked me what time i can go to work.But they must work for overnight and work for 5AM.The manger asked two question,she just care if you can work in their time.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an invite to interview with them. There were two rounds -

First round was on campus and consisted of a behavioral and a scenario interview. The behavioral was pretty straightforward: typical questions about your experience and leadership, and why Macy's. The scenario interview included 3 situations in which you are assuming the role of some type of manager within a store and you need to navigate a particular situation related to your associate.

The second round was on-site and took place over two days. The first day was mostly dedicated to meeting different executives, learning more about the company's history and current strategies, and eating dinner with the recruiters. The second day was when the interviews took place. We had two one-on-one interviews and two exercises (one individual and one group). The interviews consisted of a behavioral (similar to first round) and a personality-based one (questions taken from an online assessment you had to fill out beforehand). The exercises, on the other hand, were essentially case studies in which you had to analyze some information given to you about a particular Macy's store from the perspective of some manager role and give a presentation to the executives at the end of the exercise.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be the characteristics of an leader, and describe yourself as a leader.   Answer Question

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Antioch, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the following business day was contacted to schedule an interview. I went online to schedule the interview and picked the first available time slot. The interview process was pretty easy, it was a one on one interview. i was offered the job on d spot..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Super easy can be done on the phone or in person asks basic questions like why should we hire you, give an example of a time when you were able to manage multiple tasks at one time etc. Basic questions

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My appointment was at 10 am in the morning but the doors did not open until then or later, while I wanted to arrive early I couldn't and I had to wait about a half an hour in the HR office before the interviewer showed up. Later on I realized the position was very early in the morning, and that they needed a ling term employee. Since I was only looking to work for the summer they did not hire me.

Estée Lauder Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview process was amazing, the manager that interviewed me was super nice and laid back. I did arrive a little too early, so I was sitting there for a while, they did keep me waiting which wasn't that great. Overall, the experience was valuable, and the manager definitely calmed my nerves with his humor. Even though I didn't receive an offer due to scheduling conflicts, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about selling a Macy's Card?
      What are some of your favorite beauty brands?
      Tell me about a time when you were part of a team and had to handle a conflict, and explain how you resolved that conflict.
      Answer Question

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone rounds, a design challenge, in person all day interview then another follow up phone round. The onsight was awkward and the team seemed generally unenthusiastic and unprepared without any idea of questions they wanted to ask me. In the end after not getting a response for 6 weeks I emailed the recruiter and the manger and was told I was right on the border between this position and another lower position that paid about 20k less..would I be interested in pursuing the lower position? After MONTHS of back and forth with them this was not an appropriate response. I felt like I had been baited and switched. After an experience such as this just for an interview it is just not a company I would be interested in working for.

Sales, Sign Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was email a number to call and set up a time to meet with supervisor, went in and did a face to face interview was informed that they need to get a background check back and went in and interviewed and got hired, I got a call the next week and then started the following week

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about working as a team   1 Answer

Negotiation

Weigh your options and get all the details and what they have to offer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA).

Interview

It was a easy process, I applied online and got a call. When you go there's some other people waiting. They usually hire everyone for seasonal bc it gets really busy around Christmas. The interview was easy too, simple questions like how do you deal with difficult customer etc

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult customer
      Or how do you sell a customer something
      Answer Question