Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.3

170 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Dressing Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked me a few integrity questions and asked what days i was available helped me choose the position that fit me and the days i wanted to do paid orientation and asked some personal questions and signed some stuff and i was hired

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer needed help with something but you could not help?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Received call from phone interview. They described the job, where it was located, what was involved, and compared it to other jobs at Macys. It was reasonably thorough and useful to help job candidates know if this was the type of position for them or not. Went over requirements, hours, pay, and on call availability to fill in.

Interview Questions

• Asked for example of being a team player   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Daly City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. Typical interview questions. The woman who interviewed me was very unprofessional and was on her phone texting someone the whole time. I didn't feel like it was the place for me to work. It just felt like another body in their store.

Interview Questions

Did not feel like the job was for me

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviewers. One of them did the general behavioral questions. The other one did situational questions. Everyone was nice and friendly. I thought I did well but I guessed that I wasn't good enough. Just come in with some preparation and be you!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Why Macy?
      What do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What is your leadership?
      Situational: How would you approach the situation or coach this person? What kind of questions would you ask?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

Interview

The process is fast,juse 3 days.They sent email to me to confirm the interview time.And in that day i came early and the manger make a interview for me.She asked me what time i can go to work.But they must work for overnight and work for 5AM.The manger asked two question,she just care if you can work in their time.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an invite to interview with them. There were two rounds -

First round was on campus and consisted of a behavioral and a scenario interview. The behavioral was pretty straightforward: typical questions about your experience and leadership, and why Macy's. The scenario interview included 3 situations in which you are assuming the role of some type of manager within a store and you need to navigate a particular situation related to your associate.

The second round was on-site and took place over two days. The first day was mostly dedicated to meeting different executives, learning more about the company's history and current strategies, and eating dinner with the recruiters. The second day was when the interviews took place. We had two one-on-one interviews and two exercises (one individual and one group). The interviews consisted of a behavioral (similar to first round) and a personality-based one (questions taken from an online assessment you had to fill out beforehand). The exercises, on the other hand, were essentially case studies in which you had to analyze some information given to you about a particular Macy's store from the perspective of some manager role and give a presentation to the executives at the end of the exercise.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be the characteristics of an leader, and describe yourself as a leader.   Answer Question

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Antioch, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the following business day was contacted to schedule an interview. I went online to schedule the interview and picked the first available time slot. The interview process was pretty easy, it was a one on one interview. i was offered the job on d spot..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Super easy can be done on the phone or in person asks basic questions like why should we hire you, give an example of a time when you were able to manage multiple tasks at one time etc. Basic questions

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Mateo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My appointment was at 10 am in the morning but the doors did not open until then or later, while I wanted to arrive early I couldn't and I had to wait about a half an hour in the HR office before the interviewer showed up. Later on I realized the position was very early in the morning, and that they needed a ling term employee. Since I was only looking to work for the summer they did not hire me.

Estée Lauder Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview process was amazing, the manager that interviewed me was super nice and laid back. I did arrive a little too early, so I was sitting there for a while, they did keep me waiting which wasn't that great. Overall, the experience was valuable, and the manager definitely calmed my nerves with his humor. Even though I didn't receive an offer due to scheduling conflicts, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about selling a Macy's Card?
      What are some of your favorite beauty brands?
      Tell me about a time when you were part of a team and had to handle a conflict, and explain how you resolved that conflict.   Answer Question