Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.3

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the following day I got an email saying they were interested and to set up an interview date. The HR was really kind. He told me the interview would only be about 4-5 questions since they needed employees and those questions would determine if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Out of other places to work at seasonally why would you like to work at Macy's?   Answer Question
    • What does integrity mean to you? What was a time in which you came across a situation that involved integrity?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability? Would you be able to work holidays and weekends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online as a seasonal associate first and the the interview process was easy. They asked general situational interview questions. The training process was very informational and you always get paid for being there. After my seasonal position, I got called in for a on-call sales associate which was almost the same as the first interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Concord, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was only over the phone; I didn't even have to go into the store to meet in-person. The questions she asked were very simple and were all behavioral. My problem with this process was how unorganized it was! I applied online and received an email two days later that said they were going to interview me on the phone "very soon." I was not able to schedule my own interview time and had no idea when they would call me that day (it turned out to be 2 PM). The interviewer said that she would call me back in a few days for my employment status. I didn't receive a call until a week later. The man on the phone scheduled me for two training days in December. Later that day, another woman called me and asked me to come in on Saturday for a full 8 hour shift. I am so confused.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you saw someone doing something morally irresponsible (like cheating/stealing) and what did you do to confront the person?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I arrived 1 hour early prior to my interview appointment. I wanted to come early just in case I had to fill out any paperwork (I didn't) or maybe could get interviewed sooner. I waited the whole hour until my appointment came and was interviewed 15 minutes after my appointment time. The interview went really smoothly and the person who interviewed me was very casual! He asked me 4 questions and I was really comfortable. I gave him very detailed answers and included a lot of examples when he asked me two questions of "if.... what would you do?" and I felt like the interview went perfectly. I asked two questions at the end, he told me to wait for a while and he came back into the room with paperwork which I filled out, and then concluded the interview process with a "Welcome to the team!" I was interviewed today and told to come back tomorrow for my training day 1. I assume I got the position and was hired on spot!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my starting salary (minimum wage). I applied for a seasonal job so I was told that it's also non-commissional. If you want to work for Macy's, definitely do your research and find out if their pay/hours are convenient or work for you. I didn't get the hours I wanted, however I'm still very satisfied that I got the job.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied for different position, had 2 interviews. 1st was with position supervisor who was new to their position, 2nd was with supervisor but department manager. Was notified within a couple of days that I had received the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle customer objection   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

easy straight forward. The interviewer was very nice, not much preparation was needed. Just be yourself and you should pass it. Not hard at all, anybody could pass the interview to be honest.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Usually I was called back in a couple of days no later than a week. I applied online and i received an email tellign to choose date and time for interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a over the phone interview which was great for me and I thought it would have been better if more interviews was like that.
    Also I felt confident that I would have the jjob. The question were explained well to me so I understood them

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Hayward, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very basic and easy. You just have to show your communication and other skills required for the job. It depends upon the person taking that interview because it is mostly in person. and, other thing is that because the job is an entry level,they would only observe your behavioral patterns. They will make you feel easy .

Interview Questions

• When have you played a leadership role?

when did you work as a member of a team? what role did you play? what were the results of your team work?   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college recruiter. First round of interviews was mostly behavioral questions. Then for the second part they give you a sheet and you need to coach on how you would coach each of the associates.
    The second part is a two day process with 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge?
      Describe a time you had a conflict how did you resolve it?   Answer Question