Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.0

405 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday, got an email the next day about setting up an interview. I got to pick what time and day I wanted to be interviewed. I chose the upcoming Tuesday and I now have a job at Macy's! The interview was about 15 minutes long and the interviewer was really nice and friendly, she left the room for about a minute to review my answers and came back and offered me the position I applied for. She then told me I would receive a call to set up orientation and training, I received the call the next day! (:

Interview Questions

• Describe the position you applied for, and what you think your duties will be for that position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

For someone equipped with extensive corp experience, and retail experience, the conversation could have been more mature rather than the template list of questions geared to inexperienced individuals. They require staff remain completely schedule flexible which is illogical for most people, especially if holding down more than one job.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I just walked in to their hiring event. The interviewer seemed to love me and told me she would call me back with a follow up interview with the cosmetics manager. However, 2 days later she just called and said they wanted me on board and i should show up for the on boarding on a certain date

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was about 10 minutes early, but the interviewer met me immediately. She was apparently new and was a little scrambled, but she was very friendly and easy to talk to. Opened the interview by asking me to tell her about myself. Then there were about 15 questions before she left the room for about 5 minutes and came back with a job offer. I accepted and then she led me to another to schedule for training and give me a briefing of what to bring on my first day.

Interview Questions

• How would you calm down a customer that is upset if they aren't able to use a coupon on something.   1 Answer
    • Would you rather work on the floor or behind the register?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kaneohe, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Kaneohe, HI) in October 2017.

Interview

Ricky interviewed me, he was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was about half an hour long. I got to choose which department I wanted to be in after being offered a position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2017.

Interview

A bit of a rushed process. The two hiring managers were interviewing other potential employees, so I was interviewed by a sales manager. He read from a paper and asked questions about my availability, customer scenarios, and previous work experience that would help with a sales associate position.

Interview Questions

• During the holiday season, Macy's has extended hours. Are you willing to work late nights and/or early mornings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Quite a few interview questions. Nothing too hard. More of "tell me a time when". Manger was really nice and explained the questions in an easier way. She gave me a job on the spot and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked in a group and someone wasn't helping.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

very simple process. Apply online. They'll send you a link to schedule an interview time within 24 hours of your application if they're interested. Each interview time slot is 15 minutes. Asked me about my past jobs and some basic retail questions. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker doing something they shouldn't be doing?
      What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Apply online. The next day I received an email to schedule the face to face interview. I was then interviewed by a general person, who told me to wait after I answered some questions. Then there was an interview with the head of the department, in which after told me I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I felt the interview process was quick, easy, and standard for the industry. I was asked basic interview questions for a customer service related position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a situation when I was unable to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question