Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.0

410 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (West Covina, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday, got an email the next day about setting up an interview. I got to pick what time and day I wanted to be interviewed. I chose the upcoming Tuesday and I now have a job at Macy's! The interview was about 15 minutes long and the interviewer was really nice and friendly, she left the room for about a minute to review my answers and came back and offered me the position I applied for. She then told me I would receive a call to set up orientation and training, I received the call the next day! (:

Interview Questions

• Describe the position you applied for, and what you think your duties will be for that position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (El Paso, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application on Monday and received an email a few hours later with a link to schedule an interview. I selected the earliest time which was Thursday morning. On Wednesday I received an email reminding me of the upcoming interview. I came to the "interview" 20 minutes early and waited until the scheduled time of my interview at which point a lady came up and informed me that all interviews had been canceled since the position was already filled and that I should've received an email stating that the day before. I checked my email upon leaving and didn't have an email canceling my interview. All in all it was a huge waste of time applying here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Not hard. But 3-4 questions about situation, past experience and availability. I was waiting one week after interview to get a result. Its not comfortable. The interview took 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

For someone equipped with extensive corp experience, and retail experience, the conversation could have been more mature rather than the template list of questions geared to inexperienced individuals. They require staff remain completely schedule flexible which is illogical for most people, especially if holding down more than one job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a day later, and asked me to schedule an interview. The interview was quick and to the point, they told me they would call me or email me in a few days, they never did.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's in November 2017.

Interview

Interview took less than 20 minutes. I was asked at the beginning of the interview if I was looking for seasonal or permanent part time work. I said that I applied for seasonal but I would be interested in a permanent part time position if one was available. The manager was very pleasant and seemed genuinely interested in my answers. I was asked about my availability as well as my past work experience. At the end of the interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that I witnessed someone (a co-worker, friend, student, etc.) doing something that they were not supposed to and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I just walked in to their hiring event. The interviewer seemed to love me and told me she would call me back with a follow up interview with the cosmetics manager. However, 2 days later she just called and said they wanted me on board and i should show up for the on boarding on a certain date

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was about 10 minutes early, but the interviewer met me immediately. She was apparently new and was a little scrambled, but she was very friendly and easy to talk to. Opened the interview by asking me to tell her about myself. Then there were about 15 questions before she left the room for about 5 minutes and came back with a job offer. I accepted and then she led me to another to schedule for training and give me a briefing of what to bring on my first day.

Interview Questions

• How would you calm down a customer that is upset if they aren't able to use a coupon on something.   1 Answer
    • Would you rather work on the floor or behind the register?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Apply online. The next day I received an email to schedule the face to face interview. I was then interviewed by a general person, who told me to wait after I answered some questions. Then there was an interview with the head of the department, in which after told me I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Kaneohe, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Kaneohe, HI) in October 2017.

Interview

Ricky interviewed me, he was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was about half an hour long. I got to choose which department I wanted to be in after being offered a position.