Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Stamford, CT).

Interview

It was a short interview with most questions based on how to respond to customer querry and how to ensure customer gets great shopping experience. The interviewer was very friendly and professional. It was a good experience overall

Interview Questions

• If a customer is looking for an item that the store doesnt have in stock, how would you handle the situation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I aplied online and within three days I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty laid back and easy going. My interview responses were given to the manager for review. The next day I got a call regarding their decision

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to appeal to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

the hiring went very fast. I think they don't really care who are they hire for seasonal jobs. The manager asked me a few questions and brought the papers to sign right away.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge regarding customer service satisfaction?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Olympia, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I sent the application on Friday, they contacted me on Saturday to schedule an interview, a manager interviewed me on Monday and hired me. I started the training on Tuesday. It was all pretty quick!

Interview Questions

• How would you make a customer buy a product?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever witnessed someone doing something wrong? Tell me your experience and what actions did you take.   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable using technologies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a different position but I got a different one instead. I came in 20 minutes early, but I'm pretty sure they lost my informations because I was sitting there for like at least 30 minutes waiting for them to find my papers. The manager who was interviewing me was in a really big rush so she just have a list of questions on her hand. She just go down the list and ask questions and take note. The interview process took only 10 minutes, she liked my answers and I got hired. If you are new you need to go through this annoying computer lesson, it took me 2 days and 3 hours each. I don't think it was that useful.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and efficient. Met in a private office. Very nice person. Was complete in 40 minutes. No worries. I felt valued and respected. They didn't bother anyone with a long application that no one ever reads.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle different departments?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online and got an invitation for the interview the next day. It was quite easy. The interviewer was very nice. She just asked a few questions and wrote everything down. I didn't have a chance to negotiate the pay. I was hired on the spot. Not sure if my answers helped or that said I was available anytime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in November 2016.

Interview

Completed online application process. Emailed interview request. Set up time for interview through online calendar. Was emailed instructions. Arrived at store, found an associate to "check in". Waited by employment kiosk as directed. Met with interviewer. Was told she would phone. No phone call. Gave availability on application and through interview. I couldn't meet their training requirements due to it needing to be done during my ft job hours. I felt this was unreasonable for a seasonal, 0-20 hours position with only one day notice. For the time you put into the process, it would be professional for them to place the 30 second follow up call commitment done in interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to bring in additional resources to complete your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Bensalem, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I came in 10 minutes later because I got lost, but overall when I went to the HR office, I told the lady that I had an interview. She was very sweet and told me to wait outside until my name was called. A different lady called my name and took me to an office and asked me average interview questions off a packet of paper. It was so straightforward and I immediately got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Why Macy's?
      Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer or a co-worker who was breaking the rules.
      Do you have any experience with working at a cash register?
      Describe yourself.
      Name a time where you gave excellent customer service?
      What is your availability?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Glendale, AZ).

Interview

It was a great interview, very typical and standard for retail, using the same interviewing process used by most everyone now. It was very open and friendly, however, and it was easy for me to sell myself truthfully and honestly, without even trying to be any other than myself, and was given a permanent, full-time position at a higher rate in a different and important department.

Interview Questions

• Are you available anytime?   1 Answer