Macy's Seasonal Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Seasonal Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Dunwoody, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Super easy. They didn't ask me any questions at all because they already hired someone else 3 days ago for the job.

I was told the reason the job was still showing open online is because they were waiting on a new hire's background check to clear.

Interview Questions

• Ummm is there another store you could work at maybe?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks to hear back from them once i applied for the postion. It was an over the phone interview. Typical questions and fairly easy. I was offered a job over the phone and went to orientation the next day. Training is on minimum wage and $9/hr afterwards but to be seasonal it will do. I've got the job just still waiting to hear when I will be starting and its been two weeks since orientation....

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a certain situation pertaining to dealing with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiating you were offered what they said they would pay.

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I applied online through their website and I got an email the next day to schedule an interview with them. I went to the interview the following week and was told at the end that they did not have any positions available for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped a customer or a stranger.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work on multiple projects or tasks at the same time.   Answer Question
    • Have you had a team member who did not complete their task? What happened?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Yonkers, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on August 31st for the Seasonal retail support position because I had work a couple years ago at another Macys location same position and I loved it. I heard back to schedule an interview on September 1st which was the next day. I scheduled the interview for the next available day which was Monday September 5th. I went to the interview everyone was friendly and accepting, everything went by quickly and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• If I worked at Macy's before, why did I decide to reapply this year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Antioch, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the following business day was contacted to schedule an interview. I went online to schedule the interview and picked the first available time slot. The interview process was pretty easy, it was a one on one interview. i was offered the job on d spot..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Coral Springs, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was long but interesting, not the typical questions like what are your skills or cons? Or how do you see you in 5 years? It was more about situations

Interview Questions

• Example, if you didn't finish yet a labor and you are called to move to another area, what could be your answer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Athens, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

She was very nice and laid back. She had a list of questions and wrote all my answers down. They are very about team work and being positive. Helping others is very important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Evansville, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

The application process was simple, they sent me an invitation to the interview the next day. You can schedule it on-line whenever its comfortable for you. I was refused but overall expirience was very good. The HR lady was very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Alexandria, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

i was waiting in the waiting for for approximately 30 minutes past the time the interview was supposed to start then as soon as i sat down we introduced our selves and he asked me many hypothetical questions and then told me he liked me and that i got the job.

Interview Questions

• what do i want to know most about this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Silverdale, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward, most of it being questions regarding previous employment, and behavioral expectation questions. Such as, what would you do if this were to happen, or how would you react if you witnessed this situations? Overall, the main concerns being addressed were a) are you ethically viable as an employee, and b) do you have the skill sets we are looking for?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee stealing product from the sales floor?   1 Answer