Macy's Seasonal Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Seasonal Support Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.2

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in November 2009.

Interview

Got there about 10 minutes early and only had to wait 15 minutes before I met with someone else since the interviewer was out to lunch. Interview was very short (15 minutes) and got hired on the spot. The next 45 minutes was getting all the paperwork done and signing me up for appointments/orientation. The entire process took about an hour. The people I met with from the receptionist to the actual interviewer (whom I met with eventually) and a customer service representative who randomly popped by to chat were all very nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (South Plainfield, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied for the Macy's seasonal support associate position through snagajob ,I got the mail to schedule the interview on the same day.Through there online scheduling center I made the appointment through available dates.I was asked to check in for the interview 10 min earlier. And it was 15 min. late. but the staff I was dealing with was courteous and friendly so its OK. My interview was 1:1 , The manager asked me few general questions like why you choose Macy's? then some situation based questions, about my previous job experience etc. then they did my background check. Now have to wait for 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Dayton, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Part of the online application is a series of questions that are skills/personality oriented. A few days later, I received an email to log in and schedule an interview. I really liked that I could see the whole interview grid and could reschedule up to one time.

Honestly, I had hopped on here the night before so I felt pretty confident. I would recommend that anyone getting ready to interview study what people have offered on Glassdoor. Everything was laid back and easy.

Two days later, I had an email Welcoming me to the Macy's team but it took a few more days to have human contact.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but I didn't expect it either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to sign up for an interview. The initial interview was postponed a day because the employee was on a trip. On interview day, I arrived early but the interviewer was 15 minutes late and when they finally arrived, they didn't show much interest in me as a candidate or when I told them I had no previous retail experience. The job description didn't say it was required but I guess it was.

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

Interview

The initial communications were online. In approximately 2 weeks, I received a communication to come in for an interview. The interview process was in depth and impressive. Even though I had applied for a sales position, I was offered a supervisory position, due to my responses to interview questions and my previous work history.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question would have been describing past situations where you had to make judgement calls in different scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initially, I applied for a sales position but was offered a supervisory position, based upon my interview and previous work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Brea, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I apply online, receive the email for interview schedule on the next day. On the interview day, I dress nicely, go to the HR room, wait in there. Then I was called for interview. The questions are quite easy. She told me that alot of people apply for the job, so they will decide who get the job after all interview. After 2 day, I get the refuse email.

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online - got an email to schedule myself an interview the following week.
    Had the interview with the support manager, she was very nice.
    She asked me a very few questions like "tell me about a time when..."
    They're really easy to answer if you have experience with any job.
    The interview only took about 15 minutes.
    I got the job on the spot & I had to send my background check.
    The background was what took the longest, about a week and a half. (but don't hesitate to call and check up on it after a week)
    two days of orientation (6 hrs. of videos all together)

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but one was "Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - minimum wage

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview

Job was posted online about 2 or 3 days prior to me applying to it. I applied on a Thursday. Got an email to schedule an interview the very next day. I scheduled to have my interview as soon as possible which was that Monday morning. When it came time for my interview, I was literally in the room for all of 5 minutes. The interviewer was friendly, but was on her phone texting for majority of the time. She claims, she was trying to "multitask". She asked me a couple of typical questions: Why are you here?, Out of all the candidates I have to interview today, why should I pick you?, What's your availability?. I got the job on the spot. Though it is worth noting the process of actually beginning to work has been stressful. It's been 3 weeks and I have yet to actually start a shift and it's been extremely frustrating. My background check took about a week to clear and then I was able to go in and do the online training, which by the way took 7 and a half hours. So just beware of that. And then I was told to check the online schedule program to see if I was scheduled. Haven't been scheduled yet. They said it usually takes about 2 weeks. So I'm hoping something comes through this weekend. Honestly, the interview was super easy, but I also have customer service experience. So if you don't have customer service experience I would say to use your experience from something else where you have to interact with people. They want to know that you know how to deal with people especially when issues arise and that no matter what you can maintain a professional demeanor. I literally studied Glassdoor the night before, but didn't really need to. I had all the answers already, but if you are worried like others have said, everything you need to know is right on this site. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to a support position if you have sales experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. Salary was not even brought up. I guess they figured since I was seasonal I would just accept anything which I am since I didn't have a paying job at all. But they pay a little over minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Tucker, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule an interview fairly quick, about 2 days. The next week I came in to interview with the HR manager. It was a quick interview and I was offered the job on the spot. She asked standard interview questions like why Macy's and a couple of "describe a time when...."scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you witnesses someone doing something wrong, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Plantation, FL).

Interview

It took them one week to call me after i had applied. I went in for an interview and had to wait a little because my original interviewer was late so another manager decided to take me in. We went inside a room and he asked me basic questions about my experience, he gave me scenarios, and also asked me why Macy's. after that he told me what position i would be good for and he put me at a computer to fill out documents online