Macy's Seasonal Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Seasonal Support Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.2

Seasonal Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I scheduled my interview online and then went in as scheduled. I didn't even meet with my would-be boss as she was leaving for vacation and couldn't stay. I met with another manager who works in HR. She asked why I was leaving my current job, why I was moving, and said I was good to go. It was pretty basic, no real questions. Fairly instant hire after a background check.

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was guaranteed approximately 3 hours a week at minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Vernon Hills, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

To even begin consideration for a job at Macy's you have to apply online for an open position that is available. During the application there is a prerequisite questionnaire that will gauge your interest and capabilities for the job you're applying for. The rest of the application is pretty much routine, experience, references (depending on the position you'r applying for), a long list of EEOC questions, providing and email address, etc. If you meet what they are looking for, either a computer or a person at their HR headquarters will OK you to the next process which is scheduling an interview.
      To schedule your appointment you have to go through a link that is emailed to you once you are considered eligible for the position. All of this is through their website, which will show you a number of upcoming dates that are open for interviews. On each of those dates there are specific times from which you can choose from, depending on manager availability and/or previously scheduled interviews. After you scheduled your appointment the website will give you specific instructions on how to get to their HR offices within the store you are applying for, the same information will be emailed to you.
      The Interview process is pretty much standard across the board, a manager for the area you applied for is called to interview you, usually it's someone that is on call at the time.

Interview Questions

• Depending on which section of the store you applied for, general sales associate, shoes, cosmetics, support (merchandising/signing/pricing/etc.) they will ask specific questions of hypothetical situations you might find yourself in working those positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had applied online and within a few days I received an email asking me to come in for an interview; I set up an interview for a Monday morning and was hired on the spot after being interviewed. I was interviewed by a sales manager even though I had applied for a support position. She asked me several questions about my best and worst qualities, specific situations that proved my qualifications, etc. Honestly, it was my first job and I thought the interview went awful, so I was extremely happy when she came back in and told me I had got the job!

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest strengths? What is one of your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Athens, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

She was very nice and laid back. She had a list of questions and wrote all my answers down. They are very about team work and being positive. Helping others is very important.

Anonymous Employee in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Collierville, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Completed an application online. Immediately received and email offering for a interview. Selected the day and time. Went in for the interview. She asked me about my previous jobs and how they related to the position I'm seeking. There were a lot of *Star interview questions. Situation, task, achievement, results. I moved on to round 2 interviews with the general manager of the department. She asked about my work schedule and I'd be available. Then she hired me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a deadline to complete but a customer needed help. How did you complete the deadline and help the customer? (Multi-tasking question. )   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Alexandria, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

i was waiting in the waiting for for approximately 30 minutes past the time the interview was supposed to start then as soon as i sat down we introduced our selves and he asked me many hypothetical questions and then told me he liked me and that i got the job.

Interview Questions

• what do i want to know most about this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Silverdale, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward, most of it being questions regarding previous employment, and behavioral expectation questions. Such as, what would you do if this were to happen, or how would you react if you witnessed this situations? Overall, the main concerns being addressed were a) are you ethically viable as an employee, and b) do you have the skill sets we are looking for?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee stealing product from the sales floor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Evansville, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

The application process was simple, they sent me an invitation to the interview the next day. You can schedule it on-line whenever its comfortable for you. I was refused but overall expirience was very good. The HR lady was very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Denton, TX).

Interview

Was called a couple weeks after application was submitted online. Arranging a meeting was simple and the interview was straightforward. The manager said they hire a lot of college students during this time of year. Manager was nice, although if you apply for more than one position, the manager here was unclear as to exactly what I was doing. Vague. I thought I was going to be an on call employee when I ended up working there more than planned.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you caught someone stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Leawood, KS) in December 2014.

Interview

Called in to interview about 2-3 days after applying. I met with one of the support managers who was really nice. It was an easy interview. There are only about three questions and they're are relatively easy to answer. I was offered the job on the spot, which I gladly took.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught one of you're co-workers stealing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge   Answer Question