Macy's Store Management Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Store Management Intern Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Bloomington, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

Macy's recruited on campus and had positions for sophomores for the in store management position. The application process included an online assessment with a math and "Sometimes, always, never" section. After submitting the application, I heard back with information regarding the interview.

Interview Questions

• It was a case interview, where they gave me the case to look over, and then asked my opinion about what I would do and how I would handle different situations   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Store Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2009.

Interview

First, they came onto our campus to recruit. You talk to them and submit your resume. Then you go to their information session. After that they pre-select you for interviews. The interview itself consisted of two 30 minutes 1:1 interview. Both of them ask situational and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time in which you communicated an issue, and the message was not received or misunderstood. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Store Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's in February 2012.

Interview

The recruiters that I met were very nice and easy to converse with. First, I was asked to walk through my resume. The interview was primarily behavioral questions such as describing a time you had to meet a goal, a time when you made a quick decision, etc.

Afterward, there was a coaching exercise in which I got approximately 15 minutes to read a one-page synopsis about the company and selecting one of four employees you want to coach. In the last 5 minutes, it was about giving information on what you key points you got out of the handout and why you picked that employee to coach.

Store Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Macy's in November 2009.

Interview

The overall interview process was long and tedious. I got the initial interview through the school career fair. I was then informed through email to meet for an interview. That was in October. I was interviewed by two employees. One was a DM and the other was HR. After that, I didn't hear from them until January. They were interested and I had to go for round 2 which didn't go as smoothly as the first time around. Finally in March, they rejected me.