Macy's Store Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Store Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Macy's

2.7

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair and gave him my resume. He then emailed me about an interview. It was a one time interview with two different people. The first part was analyzing 4 employees and choosing one to coach. Some employees have better scores than others and you have to explain why you chose to coach the person you did, how you would coach them, and How you would approach them about coaching them. The next interview was with a different man who asked me personality questions, but only asked me three or four. The second guy was really stoic and didn't smile once, but might have done that to make me nervous. Both were relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you? Tell me a time that demonstrates your competitiveness. Tell me a time when you had a goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Started with an on-campus recruiter at a career fair. There's a phone interview with the recruiter and than a skype interview with an HR manager. Interview consists of behavioral questions. There aren't too many interviews to go through. At most it's only three interviews, but on average people go through two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was what do you expect to contribute to the position   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but I received an hourly wage of $15 an hour

Store Management Interview

Interview

The store management internship consisted of two 30 minute interviews consisting of a behavioral interview and a case interview. Advised will be notified in two weeks on their decision. It was a fairly easy interview, just know the basis of MOM and you'll do just fine- no need to know EVERYTHING about Macy's.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral-Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision, etc.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Interview

30 minute behavioral interview followed by a 30 minute video chat interview. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward. Very nice people, both interviews felt like regular conversations. Definitely know about the company and its initiatives.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Macy's? How does it differ from other retailers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

They asked a lot of behavioral questions where they would give you a case and then you would tell them how you would handle the situation. They also asked typical interview questions such as "why do you think you will be good for this position" etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a problem and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

The people I met with were very nice and accommodating. They have you do a mock coaching of made-up employees--you have to explain which one you would choose to coach and why, based on the facts they give you about the candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Broomfield, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

After the initial call from a representative, I was set up with an orientation/online group interview with the recruiter where we learned more about the company and was able to ask questions. After the orientation/online group interview, I received a one on one interview with that same recruiter. Once that was complete and I moved onto the next stage, I interviewed with the regional manager who would be the deciding factor to whether or not I received the internship. The next day after the interview with the regional manager, the recruiter called back and gave me an offer. I had 14 days to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is it about Macy's that makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

I declined due to another internship offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied on campus and interviewed on campus as well. I received an offer a couple of weeks later. The entire process was pretty easy and efficient. Definitely go to the info session if that's available to you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met at campus career fair. Was emailed for an interview. Interviewed with two people, about 15 min each - one asked more behavioral questions while other asked more personal questions.

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (State College, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a very simple recruitment process. They came to my college's career fair and I got an interview on the spot. They have an interview pre-night information session that is extremely helpful to go to prepare for the interview. The interview consisted of a behavioral interview and a case study. Both were relatively easy and conversational.