Macy's Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a two part interview. The first was situational where I was asked what I'd do in prospective situations and the second was more behavioral questions pertaining to me and my background.

Interview Questions

• An older associate is stubborn when it comes to learning about the new implementation of technology. How would you go about trying to help this individual understand the technology and why it is important in the workplace?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

It was 2 15-minute interviews. The first was a behavioral interview, with typical interview questions. The second part was a case question; they gave performance figures for 4-5 hypothetical employees, and I was supposed to judge who was the most in need of training. The interviewer left me alone in the room for 15 minutes, with sales figures, performance evaluations, and other relevant data, then came back at the end of 15 minutes and asked me for my decision and justification.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews. Store interview, district and regional HR interview. There is a standard set of questions but also as you speak, it will lead to additional questions to understand your thought process and how will will handle store situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you developed someone and how did you do it? Tell me how you handle someone not meet expectation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was recruited on my college campus. I went to two meetings held by Macy's for more information. The recruiters were very nice and very knowledgeable in the EDP program. After I was offered an on-campus interview which lasted about an hour and a half total. It was a two part interview, first behavioral and then a quasi case study.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Interview with District Manager followed up with corporate interviews and testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated on Salary and moving expenses and was successful.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very informal and everyone was really nice. Asked basis behavioral based questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about your leadership experiences?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you when above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question