Macy's Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I made my interview online and had a nice chat with my supervisor when I went in. She asked me the standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here. How do you handle stress. Can you handle the hours/days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Athens, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process went really well. It took about an hour, and the person interviewing me really seemed to care about me being in a position I would excel in. I was supposed to interview for a sales associate position, but I ended up getting hired for support.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to recall a time when I was working on one task and had to quickly change to doing something else and how I handled that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Waterford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Very positive and friendly. I have a lot of respect for this company. The staff was very positive and wanted to get me the job. It all fell apart after the background check. I have a misdemeanor on my record from a very bad day last winter. I am very sorry to lose this opportunity because I made a plea bargain.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if someone was not working when they should be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly simple. It consisted of describing previous situations you've been through with a customer or client as well as co-workers or classmates if in school. The key thing they were looking for in a new hire was flexibility in scheduling. There was only one interview and I was given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a co-worker or classmate wasn't doing their part in a group assignment. How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I got an answer in a few days, where I was told the directions for the office. After I was hired it took about 2 weeks to know something about the training. Communication is not Macy's best thing. The training lasted 2 days and I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Since I had no work experience I was asked if I attended high school or college and what were my experiences with anything concerning work. I was asked what was my job-goal and a few very basic questions.   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online for holiday season support position. Was emailed with an invitation to interview. Selected time and day for interview. Arrived to interview and was greeted by the interviewer in about 10 - 15 minutes. Interview process was pretty straight forward. Was asked about 10 questions pertaining to customer service mainly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was extremely fast. The day after submitting my application I received an email asking me to schedule an interview with them online. The whole process was online up to the interview itself. The actual interview was very easy. I got there about five minutes early and went up to one of the registers and told the associate that I was there for my job interview. She called the manager and had me sit outside the general office. I waited for about five minutes and the support manager called me back into one of the offices in the general office area. She asked basic questions such as "Why do you want to work for us?" The interview took about ten minutes and she offered me the position on the spot. We scheduled my orientation and training and handed me papers that I would need during training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you worked well relying on teamwork.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Next day I received an email to schedule a interview. I went on a Tuesday at the downtown Brooklyn location, process took two hours. I was interview with a nice who makes the interview go smoothly. I was told if I don't hear from them in a week for me to call her but she called me this Friday to offer the job title support associate. Sweet I got the job

Interview Questions

• what will you do to help a customer find something?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Cherry Hill, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied , received a email to schedule a interview within two days . Went to the interview , was hired on the spot. Sounds great right ? WRONG right after I left the interview I was told I wouldn't be working in the area I just got hired for
    But a lesser position as a recovery person. Only accepted the position because I was desperate for a summer job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate salary is 9.00 .. Minimum wage in my state is 8.38

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was great. The man that was doing the interview read the questions from a paper. Was very basic nothing different from the questions you can Google online. There were also other interviews that was being conducted in the room also. I think the whole interview lasted less than twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, they just tell u the starting rate.