Macy's Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

1.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's in September 2017.

Interview

So I applied Macy's, received a email about couple days later to schedule a interview. I walked up to the HR office waited for about 15 mins they were pretty busy, finally got my name called to interview, the hiring manager took me to different office in Macy's, she was very nice made me feel comfortable, it was very basic questions about 10 situational ones and then about my availability. She then asked me if I was able to start right away I said yes, so then she said can you come back with me to my office and waited another 15 mins she came out and asked me to come in and she offered me the job, I'll be starting next week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

We sat down. He Informed me of the job duties and hours. I worked for the company before so i was asked about those experiences. Then I was asked 5 questions. He excused his self for about 2 minutes and came back with job offer paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a coworker was not doing there job. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's (Roseville, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and easy. It was one person interviewing and I was hired on the spot. They focused on availability and mentioned they have really flexible schedules. Interviewer was really nice and friendly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Interview

It's was very nice they told me to sign in and they ask me questions that was on the paper and they sent out a email if you got the job or not

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I made my interview online and had a nice chat with my supervisor when I went in. She asked me the standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here. How do you handle stress. Can you handle the hours/days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Athens, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process went really well. It took about an hour, and the person interviewing me really seemed to care about me being in a position I would excel in. I was supposed to interview for a sales associate position, but I ended up getting hired for support.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to recall a time when I was working on one task and had to quickly change to doing something else and how I handled that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macy's (Waterford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Very positive and friendly. I have a lot of respect for this company. The staff was very positive and wanted to get me the job. It all fell apart after the background check. I have a misdemeanor on my record from a very bad day last winter. I am very sorry to lose this opportunity because I made a plea bargain.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if someone was not working when they should be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly simple. It consisted of describing previous situations you've been through with a customer or client as well as co-workers or classmates if in school. The key thing they were looking for in a new hire was flexibility in scheduling. There was only one interview and I was given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a co-worker or classmate wasn't doing their part in a group assignment. How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I got an answer in a few days, where I was told the directions for the office. After I was hired it took about 2 weeks to know something about the training. Communication is not Macy's best thing. The training lasted 2 days and I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Since I had no work experience I was asked if I attended high school or college and what were my experiences with anything concerning work. I was asked what was my job-goal and a few very basic questions.   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Applied online for holiday season support position. Was emailed with an invitation to interview. Selected time and day for interview. Arrived to interview and was greeted by the interviewer in about 10 - 15 minutes. Interview process was pretty straight forward. Was asked about 10 questions pertaining to customer service mainly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question