Macy's Interview Questions in Valencia, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Honestly this interview was terrible. I went on glassdoor the day before to prepare myself, but when I got into the interview I was asked questions that I wasnt expecting at all, and they really didnt have anything to do with the position I was applying for so I was honestly confused and wanted to ask, "why are you asking me these questions when they don't relate to the position I am applying for?" haha. The person who interviewed me was also kind of rude so that automatically made the interview uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to lead a team?
      When was a time you had to be a leader?
      When was a time you had to consult an angry customer?
      When are you able to start working?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

They were very nice, and took time getting to know you in the interview. Interview questions were standard, and I was hired soon after the interview. I liked how the Cosmetics Manager really seemed to care.

Interview Questions

• Where have you previously worked? Why did you leave your last employer? What are your strengths? Weakness? What could you bring to this position if hired?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled an interview for a week later. I arrived on time and was asked to wait in a room where another girl was completing a training program. My interviewer was very nice and it only took about 25 minutes. He only asked me a few questions then left the room for a minute and came back to tell me that there were no positions available at the time. He also told me I would most likely get an email as soon as something opened up, but I feel like he says that to everyone. Overall, it was an okay interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

quick and easy, very short, not intimidating, the manager seemed preoccupied but was very nice. I didn't have to answer any questions after the application she asked me what department I wanted to work in and when I could start very simple, even asked if I wanted to start training right then, this was during seasonal time, and if you have common sense they will ask you to stay past seasonal they have multiple positions

Interview Questions

• No review of if I was qualified, basically instantly asked me what department I want to work in   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed last week and I thought I did great the general manager kept saying great answer. Then I got an email yesterday saying there wasn't a job available for the job interview I took. What a wast of time, I would call ahead to make sure the job is actually open.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were in a team and had a project to complete but there was a member that was difficult and didn't talk to anyone but you?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever put make-up on someone's face other than your friends and family?   Answer Question

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

interview was easy and simple. I had one on one interview and pretty much talked about my skills and a bit of my history of my previous jobs and then we talked about the company.

Retail Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, next day got an email inviting me to have an interview with them, scheduled the interview about a week later, when I arrived for the interview they had me wait in the conference room, I did have to wait awhile for the woman to come and interview me, at the end of the interview she asked if I had any questions and that she'd call me back if there were any openings.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone didn't pull their weight, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Holiday Merchandise Placement Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I received an email after applying online to schedule an interview. I went in 2 days later for an interview, I got there about 15 min early. I signed in on a sheet, then I waited about 15 min after my interview appointment time til they called me in. The only time the interviewer even looked at me was when he called my name and shook my hand. During the interview he sat turned away from me just reading off my application, asking questions, and taking notes. Not even looking at me to hear my answers. A day later I received an email saying they don't have any positions available to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked on a team?
      Describe a situation where you saw someone did something unethical?   Answer Question

Seasonal Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Apply online, they will send an invitation to interview, set up date. You wait in a room until you're called for interviewing. Interview takes a few minutes, I was offered position on the spot, orientation was scheduled almost one month later.

Interview Questions

• Describe any methods and or systems you have used to complete a task in a timely manner.   Answer Question

Seasonal Holiday Retail Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's (Valencia, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position online then was prompted to schedule an interview several days later. I went in for the interview today and she asked the typical questions describe yourself, why Macy's?, describe a time when you..., and then asked for my availability. After that she did not ask many more questions. Despite that I could still accommodate the schedule she said, if you do not have completely open availability you won't get the position (at this location). I wish they would have told me that on the posting then I would not have wasted my time.