Madison Street Capital Research Analyst/Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Madison Street Capital Research Analyst/Associate Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Madison Street Capital

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Research Analyst/Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Madison Street Capital (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

It was a 3-day process. The 1st was a short/simple interview with a Manager. He was very nice and it was just a few questions to try to feel me out. I got a call a few hours later that I was invited back for an interview/training that lasts 2 days. 7 hours 1 day, and 5 the next, with a Senior Sales Manger.

The training/interview starts out as classroom work. Listening to company culture, details of what they expect of you, what you can expect from them, taking notes, etc. They put you on the spot a lot. Ask you questions then stare at you and ask 'why' ?? Why ?? What did you mean ?? They ask personal questions to try to get a rise out of you. They asked an overweight person I was being interviewed with why he felt he was overweight and was he trying to lose weight. Very surprising question during an interview, but they had a point. They are gauging your reaction and seeing if you can keep your head. How you think on your feet, how you deal with criticism. Quick thinking and thick-skin, both qualities you need to be working the phones all day like they have you do at MSC. They will also expect you to study and memorize much of the booklet and notes they give you. If you made no effort at memorizing it they will know and you will be asked to leave.

The next day, if you make it, is a training session. Watching/listening to others doing the job. Making phone calls to see how you do. I was then offered the job on the spot and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• They ask personal, sometimes offensive, questions to try to get a rise out of you. Don't be offended, just answer honestly. They are looking for thick-skinned people who can work the phones and won't be upset if someone is rude to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. If you have sales experience then you may be able to get a lil more money.