Maersk Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maersk Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Maersk Group

Sort:

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Maersk Group.

Interview

Phone interview after meeting in person at a University career fair and decision given about a month after (got offer), background check was also required about a month after the offer

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to collaborate with others and match your skills to other interns- seeing as you are younger?   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maersk Group (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

There 2 rounds. First round was a detailed one by a team lead. He first asked me to rate myself on these categories- dot net framework, oops, c# programming, SQL, design patterns, etc. The interview consisted of various questions, writing programs and queries and he finally said I was selected. This was followed by a breif interaction with hiring manager who just asked to write a SQL query and jumped to discuss my expectation on CTC. The main reason for my change was to move closer to home as I've a toddler. And it appears that the hiring manager thought I was desperate for this opportunity and offered a meager hike, I expressed my disappointment at the offer and returned. The HR called me a week later offering the same amount and promised that the company will surprise me by the year end. After going back and forth I agreed for the offer. But after a week the HR said my candidature is on hold. The consultant said they couldn't get me a better compensation. I didn't like the way they handled my candidature. Later I learnt from a friend that they offered very good package for her friends. So it was my sore grape although technical interview went well.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maersk Group (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

The process first started with an online application. shortly thereafter I was called and emailed to set up a preliminary phone interview. The questions were situation I.e. "explain a time when you encountered this." Answers has to include the situation, my decision/role, and the outcome. it took about a half hour. About a week later I was emailed when i would have a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and the next more senior person. There were no questions, but rather a discussion of the job and how i thought i would fit in. it lasted about an hour, and they answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Why Maersk and Why the sales support specialist position.   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Group (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

First, when you apply online they invite you for an interview by email. In this email they pretty much describe how the interview will be structured and how many time it will take.
    Once at their office, you conduct a logic test and a personality test, which will determine whether you are elegible to work within the company. The same day you have an interview with a HR representative.
    The questions the ask you are pretty much behaviour type of questions and I would encourage you to practice conventional interview questions before going there. It is not rocket signs.

Interview Questions

• When you can't get the job done, (although you work extra time and weekends)how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maersk Group.

Interview

After submitting my application by walk in, i have received a call the next day as they were offering a position. I come the next day to do the LI/PI test with 20 other persons. The test took 30 mn and the HR assistant told us that they will contacted us back if we qualified.
    Two hours later i received a call from him to ask doing an other one the next day. That one took 30 mn and we were two persons doing it. Two days later i receive an other call telling me that i will meet the IT Manager for an interview. The Manager asked about my experience and knowledge and also wanted to determine my abilities on technical work.
    That test was to repair desktops for an hour, after 30 mn he come to the room and saw that i have already fixed four of them and he asked me to stop and come start working.
    Here is how i get the job.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canada, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Maersk Group (Canada, KY) in November 2017.

Interview

The process first started with an online application. shortly thereafter I was called to set up a preliminary phone interview. it took about a half hour. About a week later I was emailed when i would have a face-to-face interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Group (Florham Park, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online. A couple of weeks later I received an email inviting me to meet with the hiring manager. He seemed primarily interested in how I would fit with the existing group.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where things did not go so well.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maersk Group (Oakland, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Was asked a list of generic questions. Very odd interview.

Interview Questions

• Who are two people you admire and why?   1 Answer

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Group (Arlington, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Like a 5K or 10K. 7 interviews total, lots of questions, nothing too intense. They took their time. They also sent a variety of folks to interview me -- Directors and VPs, which surprised me -- but no one who on my level (who I'd have been working with). This seemed a bit top-down to me, but I was glad to talk with whoever. One guy was very analytical and intense about my resume. Another just talked about values and told stories. I was honest and professional, whatever the "flavor" of the interviewer was, and that seemed to work well.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "what would you do in this scenario" questions   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maersk Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was straight to the point. You are interviewed by two individuals, make sure your questions don't drag out. Interview process was quick due to a deadline called in for a interview and hired the next day. Started the following week

Interview Questions

• Questions asked..
      why did you pick the major you did?
      Tell us about you and your experience   1 Answer