Maersk Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Maersk Line

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Line (Charlotte, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

The HR Director, Hiring Director, Senior Director, and a Project Manager interviewed me in a conversation style interview that lasted two hours. Each person embellished on the previous person's conversation and we went through about five rounds. It was not difficult but was quite specific.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had multiple tasks and not enough time to address them. How did you prioritize them.   2 Answers

Negotiation

none available

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maersk Line (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Short question and answer forum with two staff members asking questions. Buisness formal for dress, everyone appeared on the same level of experience. Very relaxed atmosphere. There were several people interviewing for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Maersk?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maersk Line.

Interview

1 technical interview
    1 manager interview
    mainly they look for sailing background people with IT knowledge
    also if the manager is well versed with SQL concepts and BI chances are more
    there are already few master marieners who are there so be prepared with sailing as well as IT questions

Interview Questions

• 1 technical interview
      1 manager interview
      mainly they look for sailing background people with IT knowledge
      also if the manager is well versed with SQL concepts and BI chances are more   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was quick and the turnaround time for the offer was quicker than expected. There was only one phone screen and an interview after the phone screen. I received the offer two weeks after the last interview

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced that would better equip you for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Line (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I had to go thru 4 interviews.
    First with Human Resources about the general process
    Second one was 1:1 telephonic interview with HM
    Third one was Panel Face to Face interview ( HR, HM and Team)
    Fourth one was 1:1 with two diff cross Business team Managers .
     HM and HR People were really knowledgeable and knew exactly what they want.

Interview Questions

• Working on Multiple projects and prioritizing Vendor Tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes before Final offer accepted.

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Line (Norfolk, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

HR employee found my resume on Monster and contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and went into high level interview questions about my past work experience. The in person meeting went from 8:30am - 6:30pm. I met with all of the team members, had lunch with the entire team, delivered a 45 minute presentation on a specific task, and finally met with the HR Director for over 4 hours (2 hours past the set interview time). She was nice but seemed to want to prove her knowledge in Psychology. At the end of the week, I received a call from the HR employee asking me if I was still interested in the position, what my salary expectations were, and telling me that they have great benefits. He verbally offered me the position and told me that he would put together an offer letter the following day. The next day passed and I emailed him. He then told me that he was busy and would get me an offer letter by Thursday. Thursday passed and I called him on Friday afternoon. He finally called me back to tell me "we call really like you but the HR director has decided to go in a different direction and wanted to continue looking for other candidates". I later saw a new add out for a more junior level position. Overall, probably the most unprofessional experiences that I have ever had interviewing. I am glad that I found out how they treated people earlier than actually being employed in the company.

Interview Questions

• Rather than giving an overall presentation on my experience and background, I was asked to give a presentation on a plan to develop a competency model.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maersk Line (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Typical - quick and painless. I received a call from the HR rep in New Jersey. We had a 20 minute phone interview where she asked me generic questions such as tell me what you currently do, why are you looking to leave, what are your plans/goals, describe yourself, etc. She then invited me for a face-to-face interview at the local office in The Woodlands, TX (Houston). Met with 2 people at the same time, took about 45 minutes and asked more behavioral and typical interview questions. Very laid back and easy-going. A few days later I received a call from the HR rep with an offer. From the time I had my initial interview to the time they called to let me know the background/drug test was clear and discussed a start date, took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Average interview questions (Why Maersk, tell me about a conflict, what systems do you use, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, received a response the very next day.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Line (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

The process started with a phone call to confirm my interest in the position, and to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was a few days later, conducted by a corporate (NJ) employee. It lasted about 40 minutes and was fairly standard questions (Why do you want to work here? How do you prioritize tasks/handle a lot of work that has to be done at once? What are your career goals?) It was about a week week before I was offered an on-location interview at The Woodlands, TX office, which was scheduled several days later.

The in-person interview consisted of a short interview with an HR employee, about 20 minutes. This was somewhat like the phone interview (Why do you want to work here? Tell me about your work history. What skills make you a good fit for this role?) Then there was a longer interview with the department supervisor and GM, about 40 minutes. This started with asking what I knew about the company and continued with more in-depth experiential and behavioral questions, including an open-ended prompt to discuss my work history. The interviewers were very personable and friendly.

It was more than two weeks before I was given a tentative offer of employment by the GM, and then several more days before I was given a formal offer by corporate. The next day I received an email with a website to access to initiate the background check. (You should have all info available: work dates, pay rates, graduation dates, etc. for this process) After this was complete, the website prompted me to schedule a drug test at a participating location of my choice. I completed the drug test the same day. I did the background check form and the drug test as soon as I got them (at the beginning of the week), which seems to have sped things up because initially I was quoted a start date of three weeks later, but was able to start much sooner.

There was no personality test or IQ test as related by less recent applicants. They must have done away with this part of the process for the time being.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work outside of your comfort zone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation; I really wanted this job and the salary was acceptable. Also, the benefits are excellent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Line (The Woodlands, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy phone interview - asked to explain jobs over the last few years. She explained more about the job then asking me questions. Second interview is in person with managers at the office. Simple questions. Job was open from Nov till end of Jan. I have yet to receive a response from HR if the position was filled or still reviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

• what you liked about last manager, favorite & least favorite about last job, short term/long term goals,   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maersk Line (Florham Park, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

After applying, I received an email from HR, wanting to have a phone interview. The phone interview went on as planned and was very professional and standard. They immediately wanted to schedule an in person interview following the positive outcome of the phone interview. However, after learning it was a supporting role for the west coast division it was no longer of interest because being based on the east coast the hours were not desirable for me. They were looking for 10am-7pm however, they seemed very negotiable regarding salary.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Maersk?   1 Answer