Maersk Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maersk Line Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

Inside Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Line (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter a few days later. Asked some standard questions and we reviewed my resume - was told afterwards I would be contacted by hiring manager in the coming weeks. Hiring manager called approximately 1.5 weeks later, duplicated the previous call and asked to schedule in person interview the following week. In person interview was with 3 managers at corporate location in the Woodlands - nice modern office feel. Each asked questions from corporate material but were all standard and easy to answer if you've done some research on the company. Interview went very well and managers all were personable and seemed to enjoy their job and the company as a whole. This interview was on a Monday afternoon and I received an offer Friday morning.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Maersk and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maersk Line (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

The first round was done thru phone by an HR representative in a different state. Typical behavioral interview questions. Three weeks later I was offered an in-person interview. Unfortunately due to my circumstances at school I was not able to be there in-person, but instead held the interview thru phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were frustrated with your current job. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Line (The Woodlands, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy phone interview - asked to explain jobs over the last few years. She explained more about the job then asking me questions. Second interview is in person with managers at the office. Simple questions. Job was open from Nov till end of Jan. I have yet to receive a response from HR if the position was filled or still reviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

• what you liked about last manager, favorite & least favorite about last job, short term/long term goals,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maersk Line (Florham Park, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

After applying, I received an email from HR, wanting to have a phone interview. The phone interview went on as planned and was very professional and standard. They immediately wanted to schedule an in person interview following the positive outcome of the phone interview. However, after learning it was a supporting role for the west coast division it was no longer of interest because being based on the east coast the hours were not desirable for me. They were looking for 10am-7pm however, they seemed very negotiable regarding salary.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Maersk?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maersk Line (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with two of the main supervisors for this position.It was a very low key process. Each of the interviews took turns asking questions. It was almost like having a normal conversation about your resume. Very informal and very down to earth. It was one of the most relaxed interviews I have experienced. We were able to talk about each questions and really iron out my experiences, but in a way where I did feel pressured or nervous.

Interview Questions

• Name one instant where you had to work as a team to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job was offered and I accepted

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maersk Line (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Typical - quick and painless. I received a call from the HR rep in New Jersey. We had a 20 minute phone interview where she asked me generic questions such as tell me what you currently do, why are you looking to leave, what are your plans/goals, describe yourself, etc. She then invited me for a face-to-face interview at the local office in The Woodlands, TX (Houston). Met with 2 people at the same time, took about 45 minutes and asked more behavioral and typical interview questions. Very laid back and easy-going. A few days later I received a call from the HR rep with an offer. From the time I had my initial interview to the time they called to let me know the background/drug test was clear and discussed a start date, took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Average interview questions (Why Maersk, tell me about a conflict, what systems do you use, etc).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, received a response the very next day.

Maersk Liner Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maersk Line (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

The HR recruiter called me for a phone interview. She did not seem smart, bragged that she got 5 job offers after graduation, and said she "knows" one of the preeminent thinkers in my field (because she watched a video about him in class-- okay.) She asked mostly behavioral questions (Tell me a time when...), but after the interview, I couldn't help but feel that my application was screwed if she was the one going to assess it.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions. "Tell me a time when you took the lead on a project." etc.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maersk Line (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Short question and answer forum with two staff members asking questions. Buisness formal for dress, everyone appeared on the same level of experience. Very relaxed atmosphere. There were several people interviewing for the position.

Maersk Liner Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maersk Line (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

A friend of mine at our school job fair told me about this position and to e-mail a lady there which I did. We did a 30 minute phone interview the next day and then I came in the next week to an interview with her and two people in charge of the program that were on the big screen from another city. It lasted about an hour. This was my first in person behavioral interview and I learned a lot from it. There was a final round which I did not make it to due to lack of preparation. It was very behavior based. Salary was $55,000/yr.
    Questions:
    Tell me about yourself.
    Why are you interested in this company/position?
    Why will you be successful in this position?
    Tell me about a time where you worked in a team effectively.
    Tell me about a time where you acted as a leader.
    Tell me about a time when you experienced failure, what did you do?

Interview Questions

• None, probably "Tell me about a time you experienced failure and what you did after."   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Line.

Interview

Bunch of tests, lame interviewer. Got a call to come back to meet the VP. They tried to reneg. the salary after it was agreed. Responsibilities of the position kept changing depending on the VP talked to,.