Maersk Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maersk Oil Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maersk Oil.

Interview

Very thorough, but unusual for the US. They require all candidates to complete personality and logical assessment tests before interviewing, even management candidates. The technical part was interesting and challenging. You will have to spend about 3 hours interviewing with everyone, but they are fast with the decision after that. The company has excellent benefits and pay scale. On top of it, they offer free lunches every day to all employees (very nice).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Maersk, and why do you want to work for Maersk.   Answer Question

Economist/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

Interview questions were pretty standard, nothing unusal. They rushed through the process. I interviewed with HR and the hiring managers in 1.5 hrs.

I could tell they really weren't interested in my candidacy and just going through the motions of the interview process. It seemed like it was an EEO interview when in reality they had someone else in mind. They went with an internal employee.

The HR person asked if I had any kids so I'm unsure what's going on with their hiring practices.

Business Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Maersk Oil (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The overall impression during the interview was very good. The interview started with HR Recruiter and was focused mostly on behavioral aspects. Right after I was interviewed by the hiring manager as well as by the department head - here the questions were more concentrated on the job and past experiences. Unfortunately the company has decided to proceed with another candidate for the job but I would be glad to take part in a recruitment process with them again.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the worst on the job decision ever and afterwards how I would handle the situation having the knowledge and experience I have today. It was not necessarily the hardest question, but not one I was expecting so took me a while to come up with an answer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Oil (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with one technical individual and then the hiring manager. Both were very cordial, informative of their needs and expectations and it was painless and structured. Interviewers were structured and prepared with typical questions such as - "explain your responsibilities and how you handled them on your previous jobs starting from your current position"

Interview Questions

• Questioned me about my previous positions   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair offer presented

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Maersk Oil (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

On campus -> Telephone interview

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions mainly   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple process, happy to start

Interview

First round is a written exam with logical and reaction ability test. One week later, invited for second round interview, talk to a geophysicist and a production engineer. Basically they will go through you resume to ask related questions about your technical background and personality. After another one week invited for interview with the supervisor, still questions based on the resume. Then receive the call to get the offer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maersk Oil (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

HR was extremely slow to process applications and schedule interviews. However, the selected interviewers were all excellent and helped give a great description of the position. The interviewers were a great mix of colleagues, direct managers, and senior project leads.

Negotiation

Email back and forth

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Oil (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied to HR a few times throughout college and finally got contacted for an interview senior year. I interviewed with 9 people over the course of 4 hours. Took a logic test.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much asked me about my college education and about my resume.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maersk Oil in November 2011.

Interview

Interview on-site, room in HR department. HR introduced role, managers came in to interview (2), HR then run test. Answer as many as you can, don't get stuck on one question for more than 3 seconds (move onto next one). Questionnaire online too. Drugs test done at home.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maersk Oil (Copenhagen (Denmark)).

Interview

Two-hour interview with three conversations: HR, manager and a regular employee. The questions were about my personality and motivation. I was not interested in strictly clerical work and it became clear so I didn't get an offer. I was also overqualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself five years from now?   1 Answer