Magellan Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Magellan Health Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

Marketing and Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (New Haven, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

2 phone interview - recruiter and hiring manager. On site interview with 6 people - 3 in person and 3 over video. The people interviewing all asked interesting questions and each gave me insight into the role with the one exception of the recruiter who spoke mostly about himself and how busy he is.

It was an interview for a remote position, so I had to drive 4 hours for the interview. After that travel, I found it frustrating to have 6 interviews in 6 hours when 3 of the interviews were done over computer which I could have done remotely. Also, they paid for my one night in a hotel but not gas or meals.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in September 2016.

Interview

Not a fan of behavioral interviews but also not a fan of non-structured ones either. Went through a few over the phone interviews that had no structure to them at all. They seem to not really know what they are doing and this is pretty simple stuff. Plus it took 3 weeks to do what really should've taken a few days to do.

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions other than asking about my resume, which it was obvious that they had hardly reviewed.   Answer Question

Human Resources Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the HR Recruiter Contacted me for a phone interview, a face to face interview was scheduled with the HRSC Director. The onsite interview lasted for approximately for one hour.

Interview Questions

• Experience that would make me qualified for the role in which I was applying   1 Answer

MFLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email notifying me of a phone interview which would be the first of three I was told. The first phone interview was pleasant although the interviewer did not have any knowledge really about the position or details of position. I was waiting on second interview which I was told would happen within 24hours-2 weeks. Never happened. No feedback or communication about process into the next phase of hiring not even an email that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview it was are you willing to speak in front of large crowds of people totaling 500, and asked, "what would you do in this situation" type questions and if you have experience in military.   Answer Question

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Contacted via email to schedule a phone interview with one of the company recruiters. One of the worst experiences of my life. He was rude, seemed like he was trying to catch me in a lie and talked over me.

Military Family Life Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

The recruiter knew very little about the specific position I was applying for as far as location and availability. This actually seems typical for larger companies, just atypical when your experience is with smaller nonprofits. Recruiter contacted me over the phone and scheduled a clinical interview with a different person just a few days later. Interviewer was very friendly and seemed to also be in the MFLC role. Clinical interview was about 30 minutes (which she said was typical) and told me that a hiring supervisor would contact me between a few days and a few months, depending on availability. Interviewer also had no idea what the availability was. No call yet for 3rd phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue for an age group of your choice. How would you address it?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in February 2016.

Interview

First of interview was with hiring manager hand her team. I had to prepare a 10/15 min presentation and deliver it. Questions were standard and a very informal, in a conversational style. Interview #2 wasn't with team and hiring manager's bosses. A little more formal with a lot of situational style questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deliver change to a team and how was it received.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the first 30 days?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an associate who was just not able to comprehend the material?   Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Astoria, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy. Phone screen with a recruiter, Face to face with the office mgr, phone interview with the hiring mgr and lastly a phone interview with HR. I was liked and rushed through the process. Nailed every interview and was excited when the recruited told me to expect an offer. Waited and waited, then saw the position re-posted with a lower hourly salary. According to the recruiter I'm still the top candidate. Apparently they are trying to see if they can get someone cheaper. I hope they accomplish that task. I've accepted another offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working in a small office   1 Answer

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview for a Process Analyst position. The interviewer did not seem very engaged during the course of the discussion. The interviewer set up a half hour on our calendars. She mainly talked about some of the highlights of the job and how it would likely be more of an entry level position that I probably expected. I was not really given any opportunity to discuss the position in more detail or discuss my background and how it would fit the position. She just mainly stated that they were looking at filling the position within the next month.

Interview Questions

• The questions did not really provide much opportunity to discuss my positive qualities regarding the position   Answer Question

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via Indeed. A phone conversation led my resume being forwarded to another recruiter. Another phone conversation with the second recruiter led to my resume being forwarded to the local office and I was called in for an interview. The interview didn't focus on my qualifications, only questions that were obviously about how I would mesh with their current team.