Magellan Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Magellan Health Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Processor II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application, got an email from a recruiter a day or two later. The email asked about my salary requirements. I responded and then I was sent some computer testing. Passed the testing and was asked to come in for a interview. I thought it went good, but I NEVER heard back from them. Not even, a rejection email. It’s been over a month and there’s been nothing. I tried to contact the recruiter, but no response. I don’t mind not getting the job, but you could at least not leave people hanging. It’s very unprofessional

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

I had a 5 round interview process. First I spoke with a recruiter who told me about the position and asked some basic questions about my background and interests. The next interview was with the hiring manager who gave me more detailed information about the job and asked about how I would plan my work if I were hired. The final three interviews were with other members of the leadership team with whom I would be working. One was a panel inteview via web conference and the others were all phone calls.

After all this, I was told that I was the top candidate and that we just needed to work out some details. I discussed everything with my husband, and left a phone and an email message with the hiring manager. Nothing. I emailed again and reached out to the recruiter. Nothing.

Weeks later I learned that someone else had been hired for the position, and I only learned this because I know the person hired. To this day I've never been notified that I was not selected.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a request to schedule a phone interview w/ a recruiter first. That was pretty basic, just going through the job description and requirements while talking about my last few positions. Next up was a phone interview with a Hiring Manager in the department, which was more in depth about the position and the department's role in the organization. Was asked some basic behavioral type questions but was also very conversational.

Interview Questions

• The Hiring Manager in the 2nd phone interview asked me to describe a technical training program I'd designing and developed, and the result.   Answer Question

Customerservice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

They called me and we did an interview over the phone. Decided it was not the job for me so did not schedule a face to face at the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company   1 Answer

Marketing and Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (New Haven, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

2 phone interview - recruiter and hiring manager. On site interview with 6 people - 3 in person and 3 over video. The people interviewing all asked interesting questions and each gave me insight into the role with the one exception of the recruiter who spoke mostly about himself and how busy he is.

It was an interview for a remote position, so I had to drive 4 hours for the interview. After that travel, I found it frustrating to have 6 interviews in 6 hours when 3 of the interviews were done over computer which I could have done remotely. Also, they paid for my one night in a hotel but not gas or meals.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in September 2016.

Interview

Not a fan of behavioral interviews but also not a fan of non-structured ones either. Went through a few over the phone interviews that had no structure to them at all. They seem to not really know what they are doing and this is pretty simple stuff. Plus it took 3 weeks to do what really should've taken a few days to do.

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions other than asking about my resume, which it was obvious that they had hardly reviewed.   Answer Question

Human Resources Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the HR Recruiter Contacted me for a phone interview, a face to face interview was scheduled with the HRSC Director. The onsite interview lasted for approximately for one hour.

Interview Questions

• Experience that would make me qualified for the role in which I was applying   1 Answer

MFLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email notifying me of a phone interview which would be the first of three I was told. The first phone interview was pleasant although the interviewer did not have any knowledge really about the position or details of position. I was waiting on second interview which I was told would happen within 24hours-2 weeks. Never happened. No feedback or communication about process into the next phase of hiring not even an email that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview it was are you willing to speak in front of large crowds of people totaling 500, and asked, "what would you do in this situation" type questions and if you have experience in military.   Answer Question

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Contacted via email to schedule a phone interview with one of the company recruiters. One of the worst experiences of my life. He was rude, seemed like he was trying to catch me in a lie and talked over me.

Military Family Life Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

The recruiter knew very little about the specific position I was applying for as far as location and availability. This actually seems typical for larger companies, just atypical when your experience is with smaller nonprofits. Recruiter contacted me over the phone and scheduled a clinical interview with a different person just a few days later. Interviewer was very friendly and seemed to also be in the MFLC role. Clinical interview was about 30 minutes (which she said was typical) and told me that a hiring supervisor would contact me between a few days and a few months, depending on availability. Interviewer also had no idea what the availability was. No call yet for 3rd phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue for an age group of your choice. How would you address it?   Answer Question