Magellan Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.5

Senior Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

You have to complete a pre-interview process with HR, and then one has a team interview with several supervisors

Interview Questions

• Name at least three modern antipsychotics or antipsychotic injectables for the treatment of schizophrenia.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered the job and I accepeted the very fair salary o the spot. I was hired 3 days after my interview and started 2 weeks later

Resource Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiting company. The actual interview lasted about 45 minutes and involved a lot of what if questions. The hiring manager appears to be taking advantage of tough market. Apparently they already turned down at least 60 candidates.

Interview Questions

• As a new manager, how would improve processes at a new company when you do not know the business yet?   1 Answer

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Contacted via email to schedule a phone interview with one of the company recruiters. One of the worst experiences of my life. He was rude, seemed like he was trying to catch me in a lie and talked over me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

I had one interview and it was very detailed. They ask questions to see what you would do in certain scenarios, get a feel if you are a team player or not, and also put you on the spot. Come prepared and confident. Keep in mind they want someone with a positive attitude, who will work hard, and definitely they need a TEAM player.

Interview Questions

• A question about to how handle a conflict within a team   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magellan Health in August 2008.

Interview

It was a very long process. I did numerous phone interviews and 1:1 interviews with several different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did not agree with a decision your manager made and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

In order to establish a new consulting and process re-engineering team, the Company was looking for two candidates to fall under the leadership of a Project leader. The initial interview was a phone screening by the HR department in order to see if the role fit my past experiences and interests. The second interview was done by the Project Leader; it started as a basic interview format and it transformed into a more in-depth look into my past project managament experience, ability to handle multiple projects at the same time while being able to address any issues to senior management and ultimately how I would handle different scenarios and what was my assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation processes.
    The interviewer was informal when discussing the roles and plans for this newly developed team and that made the interview more comfortable. The position was not offered due to my limited experience with direct project management processes nonetheless it gave me a quick snapshot of the Project Management world.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would react to a situation where there was more than one way to accomplish the same task, and there were very strong feelings by senior management on each position.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

I had a 5 round interview process. First I spoke with a recruiter who told me about the position and asked some basic questions about my background and interests. The next interview was with the hiring manager who gave me more detailed information about the job and asked about how I would plan my work if I were hired. The final three interviews were with other members of the leadership team with whom I would be working. One was a panel inteview via web conference and the others were all phone calls.

After all this, I was told that I was the top candidate and that we just needed to work out some details. I discussed everything with my husband, and left a phone and an email message with the hiring manager. Nothing. I emailed again and reached out to the recruiter. Nothing.

Weeks later I learned that someone else had been hired for the position, and I only learned this because I know the person hired. To this day I've never been notified that I was not selected.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in April 2017.

Interview

I found a posting online and applied. I heard back from HR within 24 hours of submitting my application. I had three phone interviews - each with supervisors I would be working with during the internship.

Interview Questions

• The phone interviews were really more conversations than they were interviews. The supervisors just wanted to see if I'd be a good fit, what my future plans were, and they explained to me exactly what I'd be doing in the intern position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview with manager level team member. After the first interview there was a second phone interview within a few days with SVP of Corporate Development and Strategy. Received Offer a few days after that.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a request to schedule a phone interview w/ a recruiter first. That was pretty basic, just going through the job description and requirements while talking about my last few positions. Next up was a phone interview with a Hiring Manager in the department, which was more in depth about the position and the department's role in the organization. Was asked some basic behavioral type questions but was also very conversational.

Interview Questions

• The Hiring Manager in the 2nd phone interview asked me to describe a technical training program I'd designing and developed, and the result.   Answer Question