Magellan Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2016

2.5

Senior Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

You have to complete a pre-interview process with HR, and then one has a team interview with several supervisors

Interview Questions

• Name at least three modern antipsychotics or antipsychotic injectables for the treatment of schizophrenia.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered the job and I accepeted the very fair salary o the spot. I was hired 3 days after my interview and started 2 weeks later

Resource Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiting company. The actual interview lasted about 45 minutes and involved a lot of what if questions. The hiring manager appears to be taking advantage of tough market. Apparently they already turned down at least 60 candidates.

Interview Questions

• As a new manager, how would improve processes at a new company when you do not know the business yet?   1 Answer

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Contacted via email to schedule a phone interview with one of the company recruiters. One of the worst experiences of my life. He was rude, seemed like he was trying to catch me in a lie and talked over me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

I had one interview and it was very detailed. They ask questions to see what you would do in certain scenarios, get a feel if you are a team player or not, and also put you on the spot. Come prepared and confident. Keep in mind they want someone with a positive attitude, who will work hard, and definitely they need a TEAM player.

Interview Questions

• A question about to how handle a conflict within a team   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magellan Health in August 2008.

Interview

It was a very long process. I did numerous phone interviews and 1:1 interviews with several different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did not agree with a decision your manager made and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

In order to establish a new consulting and process re-engineering team, the Company was looking for two candidates to fall under the leadership of a Project leader. The initial interview was a phone screening by the HR department in order to see if the role fit my past experiences and interests. The second interview was done by the Project Leader; it started as a basic interview format and it transformed into a more in-depth look into my past project managament experience, ability to handle multiple projects at the same time while being able to address any issues to senior management and ultimately how I would handle different scenarios and what was my assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation processes.
    The interviewer was informal when discussing the roles and plans for this newly developed team and that made the interview more comfortable. The position was not offered due to my limited experience with direct project management processes nonetheless it gave me a quick snapshot of the Project Management world.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would react to a situation where there was more than one way to accomplish the same task, and there were very strong feelings by senior management on each position.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Penn State University, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with the Human Resources Department Head, and that was to get to know basic facts about me and what my career paths are. Then, the second interview was to talk about my skill-set and how it can relate to the position they are offering.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO).

Interview

Panel Interview with three supervisors. Mainly described the job responsibilities and dynamic of the team. Asked relevant questions associated with my previous and current employers. Very relaxed process where I didn't feel like I was being put on the spot.

Human Resources Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the HR Recruiter Contacted me for a phone interview, a face to face interview was scheduled with the HRSC Director. The onsite interview lasted for approximately for one hour.

Interview Questions

• Experience that would make me qualified for the role in which I was applying   1 Answer

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magellan Health (New York, NY).

Interview

About 20-25 minutes. Very general interview to get background information. Be able to talk about your future aspirations and why you want to work for company. This was the first interview of a multiple interview process