Magellan Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.5

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Miami, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

I had to work overnight shift to get full-time day job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Good long interview, normal amount of paperwork and items to complete pre-employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just tell you the salary and ask you if you accept.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call approx 1 week later from HR to set up a phone interview. We set up the date and time for me to call and I recorded on my calendar. I thought it was unusual that I did not receive an email confirmation, which is what I have come to expect as the norm for the beginning of the interview process. Since I am currently employed I arranged my work schedule around our interview time and called at the agreed upon time. I received the HR individual's voice mail and left a kind and detailed message with my name and contact information, the date we had originally spoken and that I was calling for our scheduled phone interview and to feel free to call me back. Never received a call back or an email explaining the no show for my interview. I was pretty surprised at how unprofessional this was. Their loss is another companies gain!

Behavioral Health Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Columbia, MD).

Interview

It was quick and painless. Application to in person interview was less than 1 week. Before I arrived back home, the recruiter contacted me with an offer. Interview was very relaxed, professional and thorough. Was able to ask as many questions as the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• You are confronted with xyz situation. How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

Easy casual interview, first recruiter over the phone, then boss over phone then boss in person. All casual and friendly. Overall easy interview. Process moved fast once it got started.

Claims Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Magellan Health in June 2008.

Interview

really easy, they are desperate for people, you dont have to try hard to impress even though they wont let you know that. They will have you feeling really good about the company saying things such as how much work/life balance is important, and how you can work from home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable, take it or leave it

Human Resources Service Center Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Maryland Heights, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager with the main team member I would be working with present. The interview was conversational yet professional. The manager was prepared with my resume and questions ready.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i took the position as a temporary employee. The salary was negotiated by the temp agency.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health in June 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview following submission of comprehensive paper application. I was asked if I prefer working with adults or children. I was asked if I was willing to travel. I was asked for my preferences of military installations.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with public speaking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no ability to negotiate.

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Des Moines, IA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring coordinator and then had phone interview with supervisor. Very easy interview - almost too easy. Within a few days the hiring coordinator called me back with an offer. I made a counter offer and then we wound up meeting in the middle for the salary that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I don't think I was asked any questions. The supervisor mostly told me about the position I was applying for and referred to my experience from my resume   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Glen Allen, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Questions asked about resume and experience. Nothing in depth. Interviewers weren't invested and seemed to be bored. Interview was easy and took no time at all. Left feeling good about my chances.