Magellan Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.5

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Glen Allen, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy going interview, largely a conversation about previous experience. Interviewer made to process feel natural, it was more of a casual conversation. More eye contact, less taking notes. It was not ap anel interview, no formal questions or prompt sheet. The interview was one on one with the supervisor for the team. Interview lasted around 20 minutes and interviewer also engaged in conversation about more casual topics. Good job at describing aspects of the position, asked if there were any other questions. Overall a positive experience, low anxiety compared to my to previous interviews.

Interview Questions

• Reason for interest in position, history of relative skills/experiences   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Richmond, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Situational questions, very friendly, informative, engaging.Upon talking with my interviewer,I felt I belonged working there. It actually made my day. The way I was interviewed was the final reason I accepted he position. Best Interview I ever had

CCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with CCA supervisor. Asked minimal questions about past jobs and described position. Then follow up face to face interview with basic interview questions. Received a job offer the following week. Extensive background check and drug test is required. They have extensive training. It is a very professional work environment with little to no flexibility. Benefits are offered immediately and after 90 days you get 144 hours of PTO and 2 floating holidays. Over all I am happy with the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to adapt to change in a work place? Name a n instance change was required and how did you adapt?   Answer Question

Claims Processor II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application, got an email from a recruiter a day or two later. The email asked about my salary requirements. I responded and then I was sent some computer testing. Passed the testing and was asked to come in for a interview. I thought it went good, but I NEVER heard back from them. Not even, a rejection email. It’s been over a month and there’s been nothing. I tried to contact the recruiter, but no response. I don’t mind not getting the job, but you could at least not leave people hanging. It’s very unprofessional

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magellan Health (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

While interviewing for Care Manager, it was surprising that there was more than one hiring Mgr at the interview, therefore presented on the spot for consideration of more than one department. Be prepared to answer if you want 'this or that' department on the spot.
    However, despite that consideration they may already have decided for you which dept. you will be in; triage, concurrent review, EAP, etc.
    It was relatively casual - some behavioral questions and standard interview questions about your resume.
    They promised an adjustment in work schedule, e.g. 9am start vs. 830 start - but it never materialized.
    They stated a choice between departments - but they decided for me.
    Interestingly no clinical vignette questions or case conceptualization questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience discussing cases and treatment plans with other providers.
      How comfortable are you using computers and typing   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Richmond, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application; Interview with recruiter; Interview with 2 personnel on tech writing team. The recruiter was very friendly and helpful with the process--we maintained communication through email and phone calls. The interview with the team members was straightforward and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of Meyers Briggs personality tests?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

A simple phone screening followed by an interview panel. Most questions related to items on my resume. Interviewers looked for candidate interest in the company. HR was prompt in distributing their offer/providing next steps.

Care Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

It was based on a phone interview. The process was a 10 minute interview and followed up with HR questions and then a couple of days later was a job offer. So far it has been a pleasant company to start with. The training process is extensive and the equipment is quite a bit.

Clinical Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magellan Health (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Met one on one with a manager. Was not given accurate information in many areas. Very short interview. She did most of the talking. Really did not "interview" me.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a person who is mostly "self-taught"? (Meaning, they don't offer a lot of training and you have to figure a lot out on your own).   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview

I had a 5 round interview process. First I spoke with a recruiter who told me about the position and asked some basic questions about my background and interests. The next interview was with the hiring manager who gave me more detailed information about the job and asked about how I would plan my work if I were hired. The final three interviews were with other members of the leadership team with whom I would be working. One was a panel inteview via web conference and the others were all phone calls.

After all this, I was told that I was the top candidate and that we just needed to work out some details. I discussed everything with my husband, and left a phone and an email message with the hiring manager. Nothing. I emailed again and reached out to the recruiter. Nothing.

Weeks later I learned that someone else had been hired for the position, and I only learned this because I know the person hired. To this day I've never been notified that I was not selected.