Magenic Associate Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Magenic Associate Software Developer Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic.

Interview

After answering a few questions via e-mail, I had a phone screen and then was invited in to do an assessment test and 30 minute interview. After 'passing' that, I had a 3 hour series of 30 minute interviews. Some focused on technical questions and others were behavioral. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Magenic

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Magenic (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough but relatively quick. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a few days. Then a phone screening, followed by a 3 hour in person interview. This consisted of half hour sessions with different team members and managers. The first 4 half hours were technical questions. Managers were mostly behavioral. A few days later I was brought back in to take the written technical test. OOP, SQL, and 2 coding questions. Was fairly easy. Then I was contacted the next day by my recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• A few whiteboard questions. SQL questions, fairly simple programming problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are pretty firm with pay for associate developers but reevaluate your salary within 6 months-1 year.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward but thorough and lengthy. It started with a few screening emails from a recruiter, then a phone interview, then an in person one on one which includes a technical written test. The test mainly asked multiple choice questions about SQL and .NET Framework, but also included some C# code samples that had to be examined and understood. After the one on one interview and test, another date was set to interview with the team - this included peers, managers, and people from both QA Testing and Software Development.

Everyone was very pleasant to talk to, and their questions were mostly conversational / asking about past experiences or work examples. Some questions were about solving a problem or riddle and some were "write a bit of code that will do x" (whiteboard coding)

After the final interview, they were very quick to get back me and didn't leave me hanging. I was offered a position the day after the final interview.

Again, it was a very positive experience and everyone that interviewed me was very well spoken and seemed to care about what I had to say. This ended up being my main drive for wanting to work for the company - what great people!

Interview Questions

• You have two U.S. coins that equal 55 cents. One of them is not a nickel. Which two coins do you have?   1 Answer
    • What are your 2 best qualities and 3 worst qualities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

There were 2 separate interviews. The first one was an on-site written test on the basics of software development. The second interview was a 2-3 hour event which consisted of multiple half hour interviews with different people. Some of these interviews were behavioral while some of them were more technical. There was white-board coding during the technical interviews. I received a call later that same day with their decision.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from their recruitment team, scheduled a phone interview. From there scheduled in person interview with recruitment team where they interviewed me and gave me an OOP test, which was dated and extremely easy. Then I was scheduled for a group assessment test where I was asked some basic OOP and SQL questions by 3 different interviewers (separately), again very easy. Was given an offer, and accepted

Interview Questions

• If you had to measure the number of golf balls that could fit in a bus, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will low-ball you, if you are a confident, competent developer don't settle for less than market.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic (Saint Louis Park, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

Quick test, then interviews with multiple people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is based on experience.