Magenic Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Magenic Technologies Interview Questions

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic Technologies.

Interview

After answering a few questions via e-mail, I had a phone screen and then was invited in to do an assessment test and 30 minute interview. After 'passing' that, I had a 3 hour series of 30 minute interviews. Some focused on technical questions and others were behavioral. Everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic Technologies in July 2016.

Interview

I went through 4 levels of interview. The first two are telephonic interview and they have logical questions in it . They went thru considerations for building the framework and case analysis.The next two were in person interviews , and they have questions on my experience and they focus towards automating web services.

Interview Questions

• What are the considerations for building automation framework ?   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Magenic Technologies (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough but relatively quick. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a few days. Then a phone screening, followed by a 3 hour in person interview. This consisted of half hour sessions with different team members and managers. The first 4 half hours were technical questions. Managers were mostly behavioral. A few days later I was brought back in to take the written technical test. OOP, SQL, and 2 coding questions. Was fairly easy. Then I was contacted the next day by my recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• A few whiteboard questions. SQL questions, fairly simple programming problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are pretty firm with pay for associate developers but reevaluate your salary within 6 months-1 year.

Associate Tester - QAT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic Technologies (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online May 12, and received an email from a recruiter on the 17th asking me a few questions about things like when and why I decided to seek employment in this field, my GPA, and my expected salary. I was scheduled for a phone screening with the recruiter on the 20th. At the end of the call, I was scheduled to come in on the 23rd to meet with the recruiter face-to-face. I also took a written tech exam that day, which took about half an hour. It covered topics such as Object Oriented Basics, Web, SQL, and a couple of coding questions.

I was then scheduled for a panel interview on the 25th - it was 3 hours long, and I met with 7 different people: 2 developers and 2 QAs (one at a time), 2 managers together (1 from development, and 1 from QA), and a director. Lots of general interview chatting, and a few coding and logic challenges as well. While it sounds like a lot, and I was pretty tired by the end, I actually found the process quite enjoyable - everyone I met was friendly and very pleasant to talk to. The interview took the full morning, and I emailed thank you notes to each of the interviewers that afternoon. I received a call with a job offer the next morning. They absolutely do not negotiate on salary, but there is a progressive series of promotions and raises which I've been told most employees work their way through over 2-3 years.

Interview Questions

• Write a boolean function which tells whether a given number is a power of 2.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magenic Technologies.

Interview

First, there was an initial phone screen with an HR person who was very easy to talk to, and answered my high level questions with ease. Then, there were two technical interviews over the phone with consultants. Both of these were good and offered insight into what the life of a consultant at would be like. The final interview was an in-person meeting with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• The HR interview was resume based, what have you done, do you know 'x,' etc. The first technical interview was a long list of fairly detailed technical questions. The interviewer definitely knew their stuff, as exhibited by the follow-up questions. The second technical interview was at a higher technical level covering more theory and architectural topics. The second interviewer was not as impressive (to me) as the first. The GM interview was again based largely around the resume, motivations, goals, etc.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Magenic Technologies in March 2016.

Interview

Applied for a position and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Position was stated to be in one city, but during the initial screening I was told the nearest opportunity is 65 miles away from where it is advertised, and that I have to be there 5 days a week. Be up front about the locations in the postings so you do not waste both your own time, and that of another professional.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic Technologies (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward but thorough and lengthy. It started with a few screening emails from a recruiter, then a phone interview, then an in person one on one which includes a technical written test. The test mainly asked multiple choice questions about SQL and .NET Framework, but also included some C# code samples that had to be examined and understood. After the one on one interview and test, another date was set to interview with the team - this included peers, managers, and people from both QA Testing and Software Development.

Everyone was very pleasant to talk to, and their questions were mostly conversational / asking about past experiences or work examples. Some questions were about solving a problem or riddle and some were "write a bit of code that will do x" (whiteboard coding)

After the final interview, they were very quick to get back me and didn't leave me hanging. I was offered a position the day after the final interview.

Again, it was a very positive experience and everyone that interviewed me was very well spoken and seemed to care about what I had to say. This ended up being my main drive for wanting to work for the company - what great people!

Interview Questions

• You have two U.S. coins that equal 55 cents. One of them is not a nickel. Which two coins do you have?   1 Answer
    • What are your 2 best qualities and 3 worst qualities?   Answer Question

Mobile Test Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magenic Technologies.

Interview

It's a multi tiered interview process that at any point they will stop contacting you. The first is a phone interview were they go over basic information. If you pass that then there is a face to face interview where you will be asked to take a paper test that is just about their framework. If you make it through all that they bring you in for a 2 hour long interview with 5 people from different departments and the Founder.

Keep in mind that no matter how far along in the process you make it you will not hear a single peep out of your recruiter or HR. Yikes

Interview Questions

• How would you print of the alphabet backwards, using your preferred coding language?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, then hiring manager. Then in person at lunch with four of the main SF staff (Sales and Engagement Managers, etc.). Very collegial and I could tell quickly that it was a good mutual fit. The people and business model are what sold me on the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you angry? Never had that one before. Interesting.   1 Answer

Tester - QAT Interview

Interview

Very comprehensive and different. I was asked a variety of different questions for different individuals that all related to the field I was applying for. I found that the questions made me think outside of the normal interview questions and it made me feel confident in the company.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question may being asked to talk about negative experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate based on my pay currently to be sure that I am making more.