Magento Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Magento Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

Software Qualityt Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magento (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

1. started with a phone call by a corporate HR Recruiter, who scheduled a phone screen with a "QA Lead". It was very difficult to get feedback from the phone screen from the recruiter because she was "traveling".
    2. After I rescinded my interest in the position due to a total ansense of phone screen feedback, the HR recruiter asked me to reconsider so she can schedule on onsite interview. I accepted the interview request.
    3. The onsite interview was odd, undesirable, and unorganized
    a. The QA Lead took that day "off" but attended the interview via Skype, which was a terrible connection and kept freezing.
    b. the Managing Director "Lames Cochran" attended the meeting, and would not respect an NDA I had disclosed at the beginning of the interview, to not disclose my current employer's company secrets by discussing detailed test processes. He seemed agitated by my disclosure, and continued to ask detailed questions on my test process.
    c. I was then interviewed by a SW Developer who asked detailed development questions, even though I wasn't interviewing for a developer position, nor was I ever a developer. He went from one developer question to another.
    d. I was then interviewed by a rather strange QA Engineer who came prepared with my resume in which he highlighted several lines which he assumed were typos and English grammar mistakes. English was obviously not his first language, but he presumed to identify these mistakes in my resume. This took all of his interview time. His justification for this rediculous display was that i must not be as "detail oriented" as my resume stated I was. How utterly absurd and offensive this interview was.

Immediately after the interview concluded, I emailed the HR recruiter to inform that I had no interest working with or for this group of obnoxious misfits.

Interview Questions

• Why does you resume say that you are "detail oriented" when you misspelled the test tool "GIT"?   1 Answer

Field Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magento in April 2017.

Interview

Everyone I interacted with throughout the interview process was culture-oriented, transparent, and committed. Throughout the course of many interviews with a cross-functional and diverse group, I was impressed by how aligned everyone was on Magento's strategic objectives and priorities. The recruiting team was fantastic, always quick to respond and very helpful with scheduling. Overall, one of the best experiences I've had as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• How have you leveraged data to inform your marketing programs in the past?   Answer Question
    • What new ideas or changes were you able to drive in your current role and what were the outcomes?   Answer Question

Head of Global Content Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magento (Culver City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was thorough and keenly focused on the alignment of the position to my individual career goals. It was a mutually beneficial conversation that enthused and motivated me to join the team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience managing organizational change.   Answer Question

Demand Generation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Campbell, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The team at Magento was extremely helpful and on top of their game. Initially, a recruiter reached out to express interest in my resume. We then scheduled a phone screen for the following week. After our chat, she set up a phone screen with the hiring manager for the next day. Once my chat with the hiring manager concluded, the team set up an informal interview with one of the team members on site. The team then set up another in person interview with the VP of marketing and the hiring manager. Three days later, I received an offer.

From initial contact to offer was about three weeks. The whole process was very fluid, and the team stayed in contact even over the holidays. I can tell I will be in good hands when I start!

Feb 8, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive feedback and WELCOME TO MAGENTO!!!

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The talent acquisition partner at Magento got in touch with me about 2 weeks after I had applied online for the position (Note: I had applied during the holiday season at the end of the year). The entire process took about 2 weeks from the time I had the first phone interview with the talent acquisition partner. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, an onsite interview that included a group interview/portfolio review with the team, a design challenge session and individual conversations with key team members. Every single person I interacted with was incredibly responsive, engaged in the process and genuinely interested in gauging whether my skills and personality would be a good fit for the team. I was given honest and balanced answers to all of my questions and they were ready and willing to address any concerns I had during the process. This was the most thorough interview process I have been through and I had a great experience!

Interview Questions

• What was one significant point of failure I had experienced with a project, and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied directly through LinkedIn. Got a prompt response from the recruiter Craig which led to a phone call with him and after that a phone screen was setup with the hiring manager.

This was followed by two on-site interviews with team and cross functional team managers.
    It was a smooth interview process, very professional and effective interviewers. I really enjoyed the interaction with them.

Received timely followup from Craig Jackson, all my questions were promptly answered. He was great to work with throughout this whole process.

Interview Questions

• How do motivate Software Engineers in your team?
      How do you track your employees performance and provide feedback?
      What challenges does open source product poses in SDLC?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Great interview process, very professional and friendly interviewers. I really enjoyed the interaction with them.

I first took online coding exercise and then 2 back to back onsite interviews. First onsite constituted 4 rounds of interview, 45min each (Coding, Whiteboard, Cultural and Managerial) and the second one constituted 3 rounds of interview (Coding, Whiteboard and Managerial).

Received timely followup from the recruiter Craig Jackson, all my questions were promptly answered. He is one of the best recruiters I have encountered.

Interview Questions

Magento Response

Oct 24, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

So glad you had an awesome experience!

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with the HR representative. I then interview 1:1 in the Philadelphia office with the team Manager. They were both very thorough in both their questions and their explanation of the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current job? What do you dislike?   Answer Question

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magento (Culver City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had several rounds of informational interviews followed by an in-person interview day with a wide variety of people in the company. The recruiter, Craig Jackson, was very responsive, helpful and I felt "kept in the loop" on the process even when he might have known the status from the hiring manager, he let me know that as opposed to going silent. I can't really say enough about the positive impression that Craig made which was a big factor in my continued pursuit of the role. Once the process progressed, other members of the HR team were extremely helpful in getting me onboard, set up and ready to roll. I'm very excited about this new opportunity!

Interview Questions

Magento Response

Oct 24, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

We are so happy you joined Magento!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Culver City, CA).

Interview

It was one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had. After a call with HR I had a call with the hiring manager. So far so good. Everything pretty standard. He also said he would like to meet me in person so HR scheduled another interview in Culver City. There I interviewed with 3 other people (team members) who had clearly no idea who I was and 2 of them never have had a look at my background before. The manager who wanted to meet me in person was not there. One of them arrived late while we were in the middle of the interview, he was constantly looking at his watch, did not ask me anything and left the room 5 minutes later. His colleague also seemed distracted and uninterested. After that I followed up several times with HR (for almost 2 weeks) without getting any feedback at all. Two weeks later they said I was out of the process but when I asked if they would be so kind to provide me some feedback I never heard from them again. Don't waste your time!

Interview Questions

Magento Response

Aug 2, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are so sorry you had a negative experience. Our goal is to have every candidate feel valued we know how important your time is. Please feel free to contact me ... More