Magento Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2018

2.9

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied directly through LinkedIn. Got a prompt response from the recruiter Craig which led to a phone call with him and after that a phone screen was setup with the hiring manager.

This was followed by two on-site interviews with team and cross functional team managers.
    It was a smooth interview process, very professional and effective interviewers. I really enjoyed the interaction with them.

Received timely followup from Craig Jackson, all my questions were promptly answered. He was great to work with throughout this whole process.

Interview Questions

• How do motivate Software Engineers in your team?
      How do you track your employees performance and provide feedback?
      What challenges does open source product poses in SDLC?   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Great interview process, very professional and friendly interviewers. I really enjoyed the interaction with them.

I first took online coding exercise and then 2 back to back onsite interviews. First onsite constituted 4 rounds of interview, 45min each (Coding, Whiteboard, Cultural and Managerial) and the second one constituted 3 rounds of interview (Coding, Whiteboard and Managerial).

Received timely followup from the recruiter Craig Jackson, all my questions were promptly answered. He is one of the best recruiters I have encountered.

Interview Questions

Magento Response

Oct 24, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

So glad you had an awesome experience!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Magento in March 2018.

Interview

So it's not a crazy hiring process or anything, only thing that was strange was that more than one title was mentioned between the two recruiters that contacted me. That was settled fairly fast.
    There was a question portion of the interview process followed by an in-person interview.
    The in-person interview had culture questions, whiteboarding, a programming exercise, and a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager.

The process did take an extended period of time. Time between on-site interview and offer was over a month.

Interview Questions

• Given the following development environment write an *insert type of simple input/output application* in x amount of time. Please use as many OOP concepts as possible.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, it wasn't heavy-handed in either direction.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Sourcer sent me one of those mass messages on Linkedin. 30 minute phone call with him where he had a handful of questions that he asks everyone. I then spoke very briefly with the in house recruiter who was very nice and answered my questions but didn't really have any questions for me. Their assistant scheduled the following interview with the Director of Customer Success. Interview was rescheduled twice. When we spoke on the phone he was driving after having just finished a meeting. I got the impression he had not looked at my resume prior to the call and was clearly not looking at my resume since he was driving. He asked me what I know about Magento, explained in fair detail the role they have open and then asked me to explain how my background is relevant to the role they have open. Ultimately, he told me he didn't think I was a good fit as I wasn't "entrepreneurial" and they need someone who can work with very limited resources. Overall, it was not a bad experience but it wasn't a good one. Just as companies expect me to learn about them before the interview, I expect the same courtesy in return. I do like that when I told him I get the impression he doesn't think I'm a good fit he was candid in his response. I can respect that. I think he's just very busy and for whatever reason, isn't allowing his managers to do the initial interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Culver City, CA).

Interview

It was one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had. After a call with HR I had a call with the hiring manager. So far so good. Everything pretty standard. He also said he would like to meet me in person so HR scheduled another interview in Culver City. There I interviewed with 3 other people (team members) who had clearly no idea who I was and 2 of them never have had a look at my background before. The manager who wanted to meet me in person was not there. One of them arrived late while we were in the middle of the interview, he was constantly looking at his watch, did not ask me anything and left the room 5 minutes later. His colleague also seemed distracted and uninterested. After that I followed up several times with HR (for almost 2 weeks) without getting any feedback at all. Two weeks later they said I was out of the process but when I asked if they would be so kind to provide me some feedback I never heard from them again. Don't waste your time!

Interview Questions

Magento Response

Aug 2, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are so sorry you had a negative experience. Our goal is to have every candidate feel valued we know how important your time is. Please feel free to contact me... More

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magento (Austin, TX).

Interview

Initially HR was little confused but after introductory call, telephonic interview and finally in site interview with 5 different members of Magento. Everyone was courteous and answered my questions. But i feel I was little nervous in one of the technical interviews and also there my mismatch in the skill sets which they should have normally figured in the phone interview. Anyway honestly speaking i liked people and office. Good luck to them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some technical terms which i was not aware off   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magento (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Was invited to the intern day for an onsite interview. All candidates are interviewed on the same date and recruiter told us we could get the decision at the end of that day. However, I waited for several days and no response at all. I asked one recruiter and was told that they had decided not to move forward with me. There is no reimbursement for your hotel or transportation. It looks like they only hire students from UT.

Interview Questions

• Regular behavioral questions, very easy technical questions.   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magento (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter/s was very disorganized and did not communicate well. Worse interview process in my life. Spent a month and half trying to organize interviews with the company and the recruiters didn't respond in a timely manner to confirm interview dates and times. At one point in the the interviewing process a second recruiter informed me the position was filled and then randomly contacted me back a week and half later asking for more interviews with me. Also, interviewer forgot about a third interview and wasted my time...Recruiters were clueless and disorganized mess.

Interview Questions

• Describe system management and example of how you would handle.   1 Answer

Jun 7, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

I am so sorry you did not have a positive experience and would welcome an opportunity to learn more please feel free to contact me directly tguyer@magento.com

Field Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magento in April 2017.

Interview

Everyone I interacted with throughout the interview process was culture-oriented, transparent, and committed. Throughout the course of many interviews with a cross-functional and diverse group, I was impressed by how aligned everyone was on Magento's strategic objectives and priorities. The recruiting team was fantastic, always quick to respond and very helpful with scheduling. Overall, one of the best experiences I've had as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• How have you leveraged data to inform your marketing programs in the past?   Answer Question
    • What new ideas or changes were you able to drive in your current role and what were the outcomes?   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magento (Campbell, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I have applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about a month later, followed by a phone screening. After the screening, I was scheduled to speak over the phone with the hiring manager and other key members of the team. This was followed by an in-person interview at their Campbell office. The whole process was a bit slow because it was a busy time for Magento, but I tried to keep in touch over email.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some general questions about why I am interested in working for Magento, what was my previous experience, what ideas can I bring to this role. There were no technical questions, but I brought my portfolio with me to show/prove what I have done in the past.   1 Answer