Maggiano's Banquet Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maggiano's Banquet Server Interview Questions

Interviews at Maggiano's

2.0

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maggiano's (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews, on three different days with a different manager or pair of managers each time, wherein I discussed my relevant experience, my life and ambitions, my expectations and theirs, etc. If I had to wait, I was offered a refreshment, then advised as to how long the wait might be. The interviews themselves were structured, and they asked me questions from what looked to be a set list, taking notes with every response, but I was made to feel very at ease also, and the conversations were friendly. Although it's never particularly fun to sit across a table from someone while they judge you, the fact that that was, in essence, what was happening was not magnified, and the overall experience was pleasant. They also do, if I remember correctly, have an online test that they use for purposes of pre-screening candidates. When I took it, it was primarily (if not all) multiple choice and consisted of hypothetical questions that seemed to be geared toward gauging one's sense of ethics, approach to time management, decision-making, etc. I actually had applied some years prior and never made it past the pre-screening test, which I think is funny. Draw your own conclusions. :)

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you had to manage multiple tasks at once? How did you do it?   1 Answer
  • How do you handle downtime?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Maggiano's

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Boston, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Asked the hostess for an application and asked to talk to the banquet's manager. I was able to speak with him and was asked to fill out the application and return the following day for an interview with him and the general manager of Maggiano's. I filled out the application and handed it in. I came in the next day at the time we had settled on which was mid-day, when all the managers are in. I first filled out a skills and intelligence test which involved simple math problems and questions regarding food handling and customer service. It was graded right after I completed it and was sent to the main office of Brinker. After receiving the approval through phone that I passed I was able to interview that same day with the Banquet's manager and then the General manager. Each interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. They told me they would contact me in the next few days. They did exactly that and I took their job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over other potential employees that have had more years of experience in banquet serving?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Naperville, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I walked in an filled out an application. Came back the following day to sit down and discuss my resume. Had to take a test based on common sense.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2011.

Interview

Came in and filled out a paper application, next day called me in to interview, sat down and spoke to the asst gm and then took personality quiz/iq test, after that was scored we talked a little more, I spoke to the gm and then they asked me to start the following Monday after the usual ID and shot records on file as required by missouri.

Negotiation

I applied as a kitchen person but only position available at that time was the banquet server position, I agreed to start there just to get in and then when spots became available in the kitchen they moved me in there.

Banquet Server Interview

Interview

People were so nice and helpful, they seem very great I did not accept the offer however, I would definitely work for them at another time. A lot of questions but not too challenging just keep positive and all will go well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Austin, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

When I went in to talk to the manager I sat for a while & the bartender did not state anything to the manager that I was waiting for an interview. I got the initial impression that the location I was wanting to apply was not very proactive and other departments did not work with each other.

Interview Questions

• It was very short interview. I was just asked questions about my resume and hours I was looking to work.   1 Answer
    • I was asked if I knew anything about serving and bartending.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers, one at a time. If interview goes well with those two managers, you will then be interviewed by the general manager. If the interview goes well with general manager the manager for position applied with return and explain that you will receive a phone call in the next two days with an offer.

Banquet Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maggiano's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then was called in for an interview. For the interview portion, I met with one of the assistant managers and the general manager. Later that same day, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about previous experience in the restaurant business   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maggiano's (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Brief, yet informative. Ana was very kind and knowledgeable. She asked a few questions and really listened to my responses. She seemed to really care about filling the position with the right candidate. It was a comfortable and natural interview.