Magic Leap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Magic Leap

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer, Deep Learning Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magic Leap in July 2018.

Interview

One phone interview. The interviewer was well prepared and asked a lot. Asked about my research experience and how I would apply my research to their engineering problems. The whole process was enjoyable as the interviewer was very polite.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my research experience and how I would apply my research to their engineering problems.   Answer Question

Test Engineer SDK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

I had 4 interviews with different members of the team I would be joining.
    First: General background
    2nd: With team lead behavioral
    3rd and 4th: Technical interviews.
    They were all over google hangouts. The interview process took a while as they were not sure about availability. I also interviewed with a person from a different team midway as the position I had applied to got filled.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions on my past experience and why I'd qualify for the job.
      Several standard questions about C++.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

40 mins phone interview. No specific tech question. Just some behavior questions. At last, the HR asked me "How to calculate distance between two lines in space". And make sure that position requirement.

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

The process seemed standard and to be expected. I interviewed twice on the phone, and in person for almost a full day.

After all the time spent on the phone and wasting a vacation day, I did not have an answer for the whole experience. In fact, I had to bother the HR manager to final disposition. I did not mind not getting hired, but they should be more professional and providing a prompt response.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my work experience and how my know-how would apply t the position.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL).

Interview

Couple of hangout screenings (technical and general)
    Recruiter was good and followed up periodically
    About 5 technical interviews on site, mostly on what was on my resume and my background.

Overall neutral experience, very nice people.

It was really hard to get good information about the current state of the project - the reverse pitch (why I should work for magic leap) was non-existent.

Base pay is good for Florida, but there are no new stocks(options or RSUs) given annually - this makes the overall offer not as great as it looks at first sight.

I regularly follow the analysis on different AR/VR tech and related challenges on kguttag.com. Even after signing the NDA they didn't shared(or showed) anything to make me believe in their vision or the product. I pretty badly wanted to see or hear something that would blow my mind(while also convincing me that it is real) and then I wanted to work for them but didn't happen :(

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Fly you into Florida.
    All day interview with about 8 people from various groups.
    Lunch interview.
    Tour of the product.
    I walked away from the interview with RED flag in my head. I thought to myself. Management is stuck in the "we will make it perfect before we release" loop. Well too little too late! The product should have been release by 2016. Micro management clear at the top where Rony lives. Now its OBS and you still don't really have a viable product!
    I recommend they check out video The Art of Innovation: Guy Kawasaki at TEDxBerkeley

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Magic Leap.

Interview

Coming from another VR/AR company with lots of relevant experience and education for the position. I can say I'm extremely disappointed at the lack of professionalism by Magic Leap's senior executive recruiter regarding the recruiting/hiring process.

At the VR startup company I work in, we use the exact same Greenhouse tools to evaluate new applicants and respond to them with in 2 weeks if my company plans to move on or make an offer. My team uses Greenhouse tools evaluate candidates, and the HR/recruiter/talent director person will often remind my team to submit their evaluation, so we can keep the process moving.

I applied for an engineering position at Magic Leap only to be left in limbo as to the status of my application for months once I gave the final interview. After going through two phone screenings, and an entire day in person interview meeting 6 people (with 2 video conf calls to Plantation, FL) . The entire process took about 3-4 weeks, but 3 months after emailing the recruiter and HR departments they couldn’t tell me if they have moved on or are still uncertain about the position. My experience with Magic Leap hiring process was frustrating and very unprofessional.

Several emails were sent, but no updates whether is was a thumbs up or down for the position. The company will leave you in limbo forever. They don’t have the courtesy or professionalism.

The reason I applied is because I felt they have an ambitious project with their headset and virtual human Mica. Something I was eager to be a part of and contribute to bring that vision into reality. My best advice would be to apply to other companies like Oculus/Facebook and Microsoft which are better funded long term.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap.

Interview

I got a referral from an employee and was contacted within a couple of days by a recruiter. Quick behavioral phone interview with recruiter followed by an in-depth hangout interview with the department manager.

After that I was invited on-site were I completed a series of 6-7 interviews, finally receiving the offer a week after that.

Great experience overall - very professional, very transparent and the interviews were a lot of fun! Obviously a great company.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magic Leap.

Interview

I applied through referral and got a call immediately 1 day after. i thought it was just an initial hr phone screen, but it seemed the guy calling me was a technical person, which i didnt know since he didnt introduce himself properly. i was not prepared at all, and was bombarded with technical questions right away. i felt like if i was aware of the technical interview happening, i would have passed the interview. instead, what i thought was an initial phone screen turned out to be a technical hiring manager test. sad, as i wouldve wanted to work for this company. :(

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in November 2017.

Interview

pretty relax on Hangout, pretty chill.
    First interview with team manger, and second one is screen shared code interview.
    I did well on first, but i screwed on the second due to my tooth infection.
    But the problems are easy. Each of them are about 40min to an hour.

Interview Questions

• The Tech interview is more hand-on situation.
      You have to explain some function to manager. It will see how you communication with others.
      The C++ concept is also really basic. Just asking what's preprocess   Answer Question