Magic Leap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

Mainly nicely and quickly handled process. During the 2nd call I noticed that this job as it is was not for me but I decided to go through 3rd, 4th and 5th phone interview too. Worst thing was that one interviewer did not appear to the Hangouts call even I waited more than 20 minutes. He was 40mins late when he send me email can I call his US cell. I did even I called from Europe and the cost of the call was more than 80 USD. That part was bad experience.

Computer Vision Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

The phone screen ask about past experience and related projects. The manager introduced the company and what they are currently doing. Then there are some questions about case studies about real-time reconstruction and recognition stuff.

After a week, the HR quickly responded with an onsite invitation. The onsite is composed of five rounds, first a representation for previous works. Then some coding+research questions, probably 50/50, are asked by different reviewers. Most of them have Ph.D. degree.

Interview Questions

• The coding questions are quite simple. Research questions are about multi-view geometry, such as fundamental/essential matrix and deep learning basics (resnet, loss function, kernel size, pooling, dropout, batch norm, etc.). Generally the questions are not so difficult.   1 Answer

Product Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

I got the massage through Linked in.
    he said if I have interested let do some conversation.
    and then got the video call interview.
    I thought interview was okay. because It was the team leader's interview and I got the call from recruiter and visa questionnaires. but there's no answer at all. I email and massage to interviewer and recruiter, but there's still no. I didn't get any status of my process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me who you are and why are you fit with this position.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in September 2017.

Interview

Overall an okay experience. Two video interviews, first is just an informal talk with HR, the second was a technical quiz with potential boss. The HR person was communicating well, but was not responding to questions much. It felt like she was running a script with no motivation to make it a deep "let's learn who this person is". I was surprised that they weren't even interested in understanding who I was, they were just going for: do I know the latest tech and can I answer 30 questions from an IT trivia you do not necessary keep in your head, but can google in 10 seconds.

I guess we were not looking for each other. I prefer using my head to solve problems vs. being a dictionary.

Interview Questions

• TCP 3-way handshake. Difference between TCP and UDP   Answer Question
    • How do you check processes in Linux CLI. How to kill a process. List a few status codes you can send to a process. What is the default kill code sent when you terminate a process. What is an orphaned process, etc...   Answer Question
    • Some questions about your experience. They are looking for exposure for the current trends, and you better know them and have experience with them. They don't care if you can learn quickly.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Magic Leap.

Interview

I contacted the department manger directly, we had a telephone chat and then an interview on-site. He asked me to describe a few product processes I managed in the past.

Interview Questions

• How would a woman like you who gets much attention when she enter a room, would make engineers trust her to know what she is talking about? (no kidding)   1 Answer

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Magic Leap.

Interview

Their recruiters are not well organized and unresponsive. Started with an employee referral, and it took the recruiter about a month to schedule an initial hangouts screening. Then a coding test was done on Hackerrank, and a second hangouts interview was scheduled a few days later. Then the recruiters just stopped responding for about 10 weeks, until I gave up getting a reply from them.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magic Leap in January 2018.

Interview

A project manager contacted me about a software position. We had a very positive phone talk (not technical). After that they have just cut contact - no positive/negative response or anything. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience in the field, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Video (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Video (Brazil)) in March 2019.

Interview

The video interview was with the internal recruiter at Magic Leap. She seemed disinterested and kept looking away. She also showed up 17 minutes late for the 30 minute interview and said that she had a hard stop. Not much time to talk. It was VERY unprofessional and I have never experienced anything like it before! I felt like my time was not important to her and she didn't care less about me. I don't understand why she set-up the interview with me in the first place? Very confusing and disappointing!!! No one should EVER feel this way in an interview!

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online on their site. HR reached out to schedule an interview. First friendly phone call with HR to check what role and team is suitable and technical interview on phone

Interview Questions

• basic computer vision and machine learning questions. previous work   Answer Question

Technical Sound Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in March 2018.

Interview

Robo-contacted by a recruiter. Like many others in these reviews, a call was set up for a specific time and day (again all by an automated system it appears) and I received no call at the specified time. Later I received an email, in error, inviting me for an onsite interview at Magic Leap. This was sent by the automated system and it was a clear error because blanks that were supposed to be filled in with information were left blank. I immediately received a call which I did not answer. The recruiter leaves a voicemail saying the invitation for an onsite was an error but that he would still like me to call him back and talk about the position.

So before I call back I come here to check out the reviews and it looks like I'm not the only one who has received this kind of impersonal and disorganized treatment. Needless to say I won't be calling back and I'm glad I dodged that bullet.

Interview Questions

• Can I be available for a call   1 Answer