Magic Leap Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 163 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

Interview

Couple of hangout screenings (technical and general) Recruiter was good and followed up periodically About 5 technical interviews on site, mostly on what was on my resume and my background. Overall neutral experience, very nice people. It was really hard to get good information about the current state of the project - the reverse pitch (why I should work for magic leap) was non-existent. Base pay is good for Florida, but there are no new stocks(options or RSUs) given annually - this makes the overall offer not as great as it looks at first sight.

8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Apr 2018

Interview

- It all starts with you applying for the position on their website. Even if you are referenced which is their preferred method to attract talent. Since it's a proven fact, great talent only reference great talent. - Once the recruitment team gets an eye on your skills and education, you will receive a call from one of the internal amazing recruiters.. They will do the initial interview with you over the phone and learn more about you and your career experience as well as explain in detail what the job you applied for entitles. - The next step will be talking with the hiring Manager or Lead over a Hangout call. You won't get a lot of information since they are not able to disclose a lot yet. - If you pass the Google Hangout.. then you are set for the next step which will require you to sign a NDA.. Company is very protective of their IP and it should be, they are building Magic; you don't want posers wanting to copying your stuff around. - Once you get invited to the Office, depending on which Country you live you will be greeted on the lobby and you will have to sign another NDA where you will explain you are not allowed to take any kind of pictures or discuss anything from the interview with anyone. - The interview will be done with a bunch of experts from different departments, so be prepared to be asked different questions from different skills sets. If you didn't lie on your resume you should be fine. People are very laid back at Magic Leap is a revolutionary and very young company.. so they are very casual and very laidback. This isn't a Suit up Company to impress ; even though I did come in a very nice suit for my interview and I recommend you to do the same.. just keep in mind, you will see people walking around in shorts and with hats and is just part of the daily routine. - I receive a verbal offer the same day after I left the interview with over 5 Managers and Engineers. We only take the best of the best and you are one of them, and we want you to join us.. I was told that and I was very happy to hear it till this day. - After you receive the verbal offer, then comes the Checkup. They will do a thorough check up of your life, including your education.. so ensure everything you wrote is accurate on your resume or this could be a deal breaker on the long run. If you didn't lie then is going to take more than one week for sure.. Mine took a little bit longer cause I am not originally from the states I was born in Cuba and they even went to Cuba to check on my school. Yes they are very serious about your Education and your Work experience. Did I mentioned they only take the best of the best. - Once the background check clears, then comes the formal email with the offer letter.. You will be pleased.. they pay handsomely well base on your job description.. and hopefully you get some of those MAGIC SHARES in your offer. - You made it all the way through.. then you get welcome by the Welcome Team which get you ready for day 1.. Day 1 is a big thing for any "Leaper" which is how you will be identified moving forward within the Company. You get all the preparation before you are presented to your team.. - Company is very protective of their IP as I mentioned so please refrain your excitement and don't take any pictures and I mean any kind of pictures.. they have cameras all over and people all over online protecting their Brand and reputation. You are ok to put your title and job description as it was presented to you on Linkedin, etc.. but that is about all you can disclose. - Magic Leap have quality recruiters that will ensure you are well informed all the time during the process. So be patient, things run slower than normal because of the volume they have to deal with and all the pressure with their IP.

Interview Questions
  • I am not allowed to discuss this with you, I signed an NDA.. and to be quite honest nobody should have anything on this section that have interviewed with Magic Leap as they also signed an NDA... I am sure our Legal Team have better things to do than be behind someone that is not pleased with the process and its posting things that shouldn't be here. You will meet with a bunch of Top Talent depending on your position and you will be asked all sort of questions base on your expertise.. If you didn't lie on your resume and you are truly a top notch professional, you should be fine.. The Company is very laid back and people as well.. So Suit up, but don't expect to see others, people come to work in Jean and t-shirts..
    2 Answers

Sales Engineer

180 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Apr 2018

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to establish interest. Next was a secondary interview with recruiter to discuss the company to setup two technical video chat interviews. Then moved on to a full day technical interview. Spoke to six different people during interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Mar 2018

Interview

There was phone screening and then one on one interview with the Manager. Initial, phone screening interview questions were all behavioral and competency based. Later interview had all technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Fundamentals of continuous improvement and all questions were based on resume experience.
3 people found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Mar 2018

Interview

Robo-contacted by a recruiter. Like many others in these reviews, a call was set up for a specific time and day (again all by an automated system it appears) and I received no call at the specified time. Later I received an email, in error, inviting me for an onsite interview at Magic Leap. This was sent by the automated system and it was a clear error because blanks that were supposed to be filled in with information were left blank. I immediately received a call which I did not answer. The recruiter leaves a voicemail saying the invitation for an onsite was an error but that he would still like me to call him back and talk about the position. So before I call back I come here to check out the reviews and it looks like I'm not the only one who has received this kind of impersonal and disorganized treatment. Needless to say I won't be calling back and I'm glad I dodged that bullet.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Mar 2018

Interview

1st is a phone call with recruiter from Magic leap. Then on site. Four 1:1 interviews of 30 min each. (Manager, supervisor, Engineer, and another tech/eng). You stay in a small room, and after 30min they alternate. People are very nice and respectful. One of them ask

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Pittsburgh, PA) in Mar 2018

Interview

40 mins phone interview. No specific tech question. Just some behavior questions. At last, the HR asked me "How to calculate distance between two lines in space". And make sure that position requirement.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Mar 2018

Interview

Several video call interviews before the on site. I was cancelled on several times - well they just didn't show up. Had to take time off to do the interviews so that was very rude. The in person interview takes all day - with no breaks and no lunch. Was led on by the hiring manager who made it seem like I got the job. Never heard from him or HR again. Seems I dodged a bullet considering I wouldn't want to work at a company that treats people so poorly.

Be the first to find this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

30 minute phone screen with the recruiter, followed by three 1:1 interviews with hiring managers and peers. We were cleared for onsite interviews, but the recruiter completely dropped off while we were working out travel details. Ultimately, I'm glad it didn't work out. At first, things seemed positive. The interviewers were very friendly, professional, and intellectually stimulating. They represented the company well. However, as the process continued, I started to get a sense for how disorganized the company was. In general, my interactions with the recruiters were sub-par at best. I was passed off to a different recruiter twice. Reply times were slow and sporadic; communication was unclear. When we decided to move forward with onsite interviews, the recruiter requested my details for travel, and after I sent it over, I never heard back from them. I emailed them twice, and after a month went by with no follow-up, I assumed something had changed. I'm not sure if something went wrong with my candidacy or if I fell through the cracks, but either way, this was a big enough red flag for me to never consider Magic Leap as an employer. I understand that they're scaling quickly and I assume that had something to do with this. It doesn't change the fact that they're operating in an unimpressive way. Beyond this, I was honestly surprised that Magic Leap would conduct onsite interviews before ever attempting to evaluate my skills. The team had only reviewed my portfolio and conducted remote interviews with me where we discussed some of what I had done and what I wanted to do in the future. Those discussions were great, but they did little in terms of measuring my actual abilities. Any time that a company makes hiring decisions without a proper work assessment, they demonstrate a misalignment in priorities and open themselves up to poor hiring decisions (often based on the biases of the hiring manager). Following this, I accepted a role at Google, and the hiring process couldn't have been more different from that of Magic Leap. I'm glad they dropped off.

Interview Questions
9 people found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Feb 2018

Interview

I went through the interview process for a 1099 contractor role. I've had a very negative experience with the interview process and bowed out. They require 100% relocation to work onsite, refuse to do any onsite interviews (only remote interviews) so I could see what the work environment, product, and location is like. They don't cover for relocation or a sign on bonus, nor will they negotiate for a kill fee in the contract or severance. They pretty much are requiring candidates to take the job unseen and to invest their own time in exploring relocation to their location. I never took it to the technical interview stages so I can't say what the process is like there or experiences from that. All I do know is the team wanted to move forward quickly and that I'd do a 3-4 hour interview then I'd get an offer from that if it went well.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 101 - 110 of 163 Interviews