Magic Leap Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 163 interviews

Sales Engineer

180 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Mar 2021

Interview

There was an initial HR interview. A couple of days later the Hiring Manager did an interview mainly focusing on my background. After that over several days there were four 45 min tech interviews all asking for coding tests. Each coding test was 30 min of the 45 mins. There was little in the interviews other than the tests.

Interview Questions
  • Find the largest product for any subset within a sequence of integers?
    Answer Question

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Mar 2021

Interview

The software manager that I interviewed with could not have been more kind and easy to speak with. Even though I was not offered the job, he never made me feel inadequate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

Straight to technical interviews with two electrical engineers (Senior Engineer and a hiring manager). Gone smooth from going through resume and discussing one of the projects I've worked on during school.

Interview Questions
  • Brief design philosophies and technical details on projects. What are some of the challenges you faced during the project? How did you overcome?

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

I only had a one on one with HR but that enough made me not want to work with them. During our interview the HR rep didnt seem to know what the role was so the questions she asked was essentially what was written on the Job description. She added that she recently started working there. If she had read my resume she would have known if I qualified or not. After asking 2 lines directly from the job description, she abruptly cut it off and said that she'll get in touch with the hiring manager, and didnt even ask if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Magic Leap

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Paterson, NJ) in Jan 2021

Interview

Interview process: Hiring Manager telephonic round, discussed about what work have you done. 6 rounds of coderpad interviews: first half hour project related questions next half hour programming skills Whole process goes smooth, But they take 1week after every round of interview to get the result.

Interview Questions
  • your project questions, Linux os questions and algorithm programs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Phone screening, followed by multiple interviews with various members of the team walking through my portfolio work to give a sense of experience and my general interest in work moving forward.

Interview Questions
  • Walked through portfolio work to give a sense of experience and interest.

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Nov 2020

Interview

Asked about point cloud generation, room segmentation. It was a research position so the interviewer was expecting a deep understanding. Coding challenge was a leetcode easy question. Asked about time completely after solving the problem.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Sunnyvale, CA)

Interview

The interview process was technical and detailed covering AR and VR as well as Deep Learning domains. Ot also covered general SW development skills and practice as well as leadership experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

One on one over video chat with hiring manager, followed by another video chat with direct team, followed by an on-site visit for your and lunch, and finally a full day on-site with eight 30 minute sessions. Presentation was not required.

Interview Questions
  • How would you be able to handle a high pressure environment with tough deadlines?

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. The hiring manager talked very nicely, asked good questions. They also ask about real world deployment skills so keep that in mind. Next round was technical where interview (director of a project) asked relevant questions on point-clouds and tracking. He asks you about your work and experince and makes up questions on the go about some issues that approach might face. This might be not really an actual problem to solve but just tell your approach, what you understand and how possibly you might solve this. The hard part is the coding test in which he asks leetcode medium and asks to walk through.

Interview Questions
  • Question on finding all possible paths from start and end set
1 person found this interview helpful